03-04-2014 06:48 PM
83 1234
tools
    If you haven't gotten bf4 yet, I suggest to buy it now. They've pretty much fixed everything, except I can't get my campaign progress that I lost back.
    01-18-2014 08:07 PM
    If you haven't gotten bf4 yet, I suggest to buy it now. They've pretty much fixed everything, except I can't get my campaign progress that I lost back.
    No they haven't, there are still alot of bugs and optimization failures to be fixed.
    01-19-2014 03:41 AM
    In my experience, Battlefield 3 was riddled with bugs at launch. They have form for this. Gonna jump in next week.
    01-19-2014 04:06 AM
    I can't comment on the state of BF4 on consoles, but on PC (where I've been lucky enough to have like zero problems), the game really is great. My only complaint is mostly about how there isn't all THAT many maps that wouldn't favor the vehiclehumpers over infantry. But once you know which maps to play it really is a great shooter.
    Muessig likes this.
    01-19-2014 04:21 AM
    I can't comment on the state of BF4 on consoles, but on PC (where I've been lucky enough to have like zero problems), the game really is great. My only complaint is mostly about how there isn't all THAT many maps that wouldn't favor the vehiclehumpers over infantry. But once you know which maps to play it really is a great shooter.
    Bf4 was fine for me before the patch, after it i get killed by people with 0% health, 20-40 fps drop. Luckely not many graphical bugs as there where in bf3 after this time after launch
    01-19-2014 07:05 AM
    Being killed by the person you kill is a lot more common in PC BF4 than it was in PC BF3. I've heard alot of complaining about the netcode, but I havnt really found it as a problem. This is hardly a problem for me either, but it does show a bit more flexy netcode.. I mean obviously it's possible when both shoot at the same time, but as said, somehow it happens ALOT more in BF4 than BF3 :P
    01-19-2014 07:17 AM
    Bf4 was fine for me before the patch, after it i get killed by people with 0% health, 20-40 fps drop. Luckely not many graphical bugs as there where in bf3 after this time after launch
    You on a PC?
    01-19-2014 08:48 AM
    No they haven't, there are still alot of bugs and optimization failures to be fixed.
    For me, there are a few bugs, but a lot have been squashed.
    01-19-2014 10:44 AM
    For me, there are a few bugs, but a lot have been squashed.
    When I played it a few weeks ago the graphical glitches were abundant. Flickering, odd things.
    01-19-2014 11:16 AM
    When I played it a few weeks ago the graphical glitches were abundant. Flickering, odd things.
    The new patch came out just a few days ago.
    01-19-2014 01:29 PM
    I am gonna buy it next Saturday. Itching to play it. Gonna go for the version without the China Rising included, I have seen it for 41. It is 48 with it.
    01-19-2014 02:36 PM
    I am gonna buy it next Saturday. Itching to play it. Gonna go for the version without the China Rising included, I have seen it for 41. It is 48 with it.
    You can buy it digitally. :P
    01-19-2014 03:19 PM
    Yeah, but not at those prices. 59.99 here in the store.
    01-19-2014 04:11 PM
    I don't have any technical issues worth mentioning. I was killed few times by person with 0% health, but that is just result of my poor shooting skills. :D
    As for multiplayer maps, I like them all except Flood zone, Hainan resort and Lancang Dam.
    01-20-2014 04:48 AM
    This is why EA:

A. Doesn't get my money
    B. Continues to do this

Honestly, BF4 seems to be the worst launch in EA history, even worse than SimCity. People are on here saying it's "fixed," only to follow up "well, I have problems, but it's better." People are seeing it's a bug-riddled mess, then saying "I'm picking it up next week." You guys should skip the game, speak with your wallets, and let EA know that you aren't going to give them $60+ for an obviously-broken game. I mean, it's like people enjoy the abuse of poorly-made, overpriced games. For all the failures of Call of Duty (which I'm also not buying, so don't take this as just a CoD fanboy rant), it does a semi-decent job of coming out in a playable state. Even though several things about the game might be stupid mechanics of the games themselves, they work as they were designed to work. BF could be a great game...someday. Personally, after reading and watching the problems of that game, I went from considering buying from EA for the first time in 5 years because of this game to possibly wanting to skip Titanfall because of what a ****-poor job EA does at everything.

And yeah, it sucks when developers get screwed over because of publishers when I don't buy from them, but if you're going to shack up with EA (DICE, Respawn), I can't say I have sympathy. I wish this company would die off quickly, because they're a joke.
    01-20-2014 06:30 AM
    I agree with you in many respects. However, even with a few bugs I enjoy battlefield. Had so many truly epic evenings in those games. I have held off for a while, as they have form for releasing things half finished. I also had some other commitments. When I played it a few weeks ago there were some bugs, but the ones I noticed appear to have been fixed. Regarding getting into games etc, none of my circle of friends had those issues, so I am hoping I won't either. COD, I just cannot entertain anymore, the run and gun nature of it no longer appeals. I will be on next week as I am assuming that the majority of the issues are fixed. The ones that are not should hopefully not impact on my enjoyment too much.
    01-20-2014 07:26 AM
    See, that's why I won't buy these games. You shouldn't be KNOWN for releasing half-finished games. I'm not going to give DICE money to conintue to not do their jobs properly, it's dumb. I had a similar issue with CoD a couple of days ago, on the "boring" front. I hadn't played in several months, and decided I'd play because I wasn't in the mood for Halo. I immediately went back to beating people handily in most matches, and while it's fun to be good, it's boring to almost always do well. That, and I realized just HOW covered in garbage perks and killstreaks and this and that the games are. After having played TF2 for the past couple of weeks, it was just like "SO MANY THINGS!"

I mean, I like tactical gameplay, but I also like functional gameplay. However, Battlefield has had some of the worst bugs I've seen in a "modern-day" shooter, in terms of quantity and quality (how game-breaking the bugs are). I can't tell you where I've seen glitches in Halo and CoD, but I hear about asinine bugs all the time on that game. There's not way it could EVER kill CoD when it won't even work right.
    01-20-2014 12:41 PM
    I never considered BF3 being released any more so unfinished than most games. But other than that I'm not very familiar with DICE's stuff.
    01-20-2014 01:04 PM
    I have to agree Keith, Battlefield has form for a plethora of issues at launch. COD and others work a treat, out of the box. EA deserve credit for one thing though. I picked up Dead Space 1 years after first release. I picked it up brand new for 8.99. I installed it and upon first load I expected it to update. Not a sausage. Possibly the only game ever that I have played that did not need a patch, and so long after release. But Battlefield, perhaps it is the ambition, it always needs a patch or two in the first few months. It is one of the reasons I have left it until now, that and the issues mentioned above. But, I imagine it is in a much better place now. Another game I love at the minute is Forza, but for my money, that definitely needs a fix in terms of a few things. Not the gameplay, but some of the other things could be so much better.
    blahblahwtf likes this.
    01-20-2014 04:37 PM
    You on a PC?
    yes i am
    01-22-2014 03:54 AM
    I don't have any technical issues worth mentioning. I was killed few times by person with 0% health, but that is just result of my poor shooting skills. :D
    As for multiplayer maps, I like them all except Flood zone, Hainan resort and Lancang Dam.
    0% health is a after patch bug affecting all platforms if im correct
    01-22-2014 03:56 AM
    0% health is a after patch bug affecting all platforms if im correct
    You are correct.
    01-23-2014 01:38 AM
    Boom.... Got it.
    01-26-2014 10:33 AM
    Anyone have any idea how I turn off vibration?
    01-26-2014 12:44 PM
    Been doing some looking, seems that we can't! How lousy!
    01-28-2014 03:46 PM
83 1234