Battlefield 4 - is it fixed yet?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Getting to grips with my One, wanted battlefield straight away, but had so much to pay out I have had to wait. Any how, I am hoping to get myself Battlefield around Christmas time, possibly a week into the new year. But I am dying to know, have they fixed the bugs yet?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Short answer, no.

Long answer.......they released a patch last week and fixed quite a few things, while breaking others. It's playable, but expect issues (crashing, glitches, selecting Conquest for example and being put into a Rush match). That being said, EA has said that no new content will be released until the game is fixed.

The game is still very much playable though.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It has been the Achilles heal of the battlefield series, in my experience, they just never seem finished at launch. That said, I can't wait. Seen my brother-in-law's clips. Looks great. I miss tank driving. I may hold out until the middle of January, got a few exams on week two of the new year. I should focus on them. And hey, they may have fixed some more glitches. It may also drop in price.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
After the last update that was pushed out this week my games have been pretty good. Quick Match is working (where it hasn't done what Dos mentioned - selecting Conquest and then getting put into squad deathmatch (which it always did to me).

I think the biggest 'fix' (for me) that it needs is that when I go to something else and then come back to the game, I have to finagle around in the system to get it to connect to the EA servers again. Usually by going to the test range and backing out and then going to multiplayer.

other than that, it is LOADS better than what it was when it first came out...

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, well I had a couple of catastrophes at home. So I have had to spend more than I hoped. I therefore need to wait until next month. But 100% in at the end of the month.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, between news of an extremely buggy BF4 and the fact that COD: Ghosts sucks, my gaming needs for X1 are gone. I was hoping BF4 would offer a good replacement for COD, but it sounds like its no better. Although Ryse and Titanfall might make it worth it.

Good thing X1 has so much more to offer. Have any of you played Ghosts on the X1? Is it as bad as it is on 360? If so, I may still try BF4 since it sounds like they fixed it.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried Ghosts. But BF4 has become a lot better after the past few fixes that put out these past couple weeks. I can easily connect to games now as before it was very tough finding a match to get into. Though I have noticed some minor lagging issues in a few games. I think they might have loosened the restrictions on connection limitations for the game to make it easier to join. But not for certain. Anyway it is a fun game! I love sniping!

By the way Ryse is pretty good! I think it was probably the most underrated game and treated badly by the press. The story is good. But maybe a tad short. I complete it in 8 or so hours. Though I was on Recruit the lowest difficulty since I never really like fighting games. Even though I don't like fighting games this one got my interest and I love it. Also the Gladiator mode is quite fun but would be more fun if you have a friend to play with. Sorry to get off topic!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, new day different problems in BF4. Now it is either a huge influx of users or EA/Dice cut down on the amount of servers. Ridiculous. There are queues in the 60ish range for conquest...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I've ran in to many issues, and always contact their twitter account. So yeah, it is still very buggy. It is very fun when it actually works though.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Bought the game today. I hope those critical bugs/issues are fixed already. If not, I still have fifa14 and forza5 in case of emergency. :)

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Played for several hours this weekend and had a lot of issues trying to play with friends. Lost 80-90 percent of my stats for several matches and at least one hour of boost time all due to disconnects.

But... the game is good enough that in spite of these issues I kept playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05