03-04-2014 05:48 PM
83 123 ...
tools
    Getting to grips with my One, wanted battlefield straight away, but had so much to pay out I have had to wait. Any how, I am hoping to get myself Battlefield around Christmas time, possibly a week into the new year. But I am dying to know, have they fixed the bugs yet?
    12-20-2013 05:04 PM
    Short answer, no.

Long answer.......they released a patch last week and fixed quite a few things, while breaking others. It's playable, but expect issues (crashing, glitches, selecting Conquest for example and being put into a Rush match). That being said, EA has said that no new content will be released until the game is fixed.

The game is still very much playable though.
    peachy001 likes this.
    12-20-2013 05:35 PM
    It has been the Achilles heal of the battlefield series, in my experience, they just never seem finished at launch. That said, I can't wait. Seen my brother-in-law's clips. Looks great. I miss tank driving. I may hold out until the middle of January, got a few exams on week two of the new year. I should focus on them. And hey, they may have fixed some more glitches. It may also drop in price.
    12-20-2013 05:57 PM
    After the last update that was pushed out this week my games have been pretty good. Quick Match is working (where it hasn't done what Dos mentioned - selecting Conquest and then getting put into squad deathmatch (which it always did to me).

I think the biggest 'fix' (for me) that it needs is that when I go to something else and then come back to the game, I have to finagle around in the system to get it to connect to the EA servers again. Usually by going to the test range and backing out and then going to multiplayer.

other than that, it is LOADS better than what it was when it first came out...
    peachy001 likes this.
    12-21-2013 05:38 PM
    Result! I will jump in as soon as I can. At least the updates should come more frequently.
    12-22-2013 12:37 PM
    I was in the same boat as you. Luckily I bought the game the day after the last update and I can honestly say it's very enjoyable.
    12-26-2013 02:14 PM
    Yep, well I had a couple of catastrophes at home. So I have had to spend more than I hoped. I therefore need to wait until next month. But 100% in at the end of the month.
    12-27-2013 01:55 PM
    Ugh, between news of an extremely buggy BF4 and the fact that COD: Ghosts sucks, my gaming needs for X1 are gone. I was hoping BF4 would offer a good replacement for COD, but it sounds like its no better. Although Ryse and Titanfall might make it worth it.

Good thing X1 has so much more to offer. Have any of you played Ghosts on the X1? Is it as bad as it is on 360? If so, I may still try BF4 since it sounds like they fixed it.
    12-27-2013 02:12 PM
    I haven't tried Ghosts. But BF4 has become a lot better after the past few fixes that put out these past couple weeks. I can easily connect to games now as before it was very tough finding a match to get into. Though I have noticed some minor lagging issues in a few games. I think they might have loosened the restrictions on connection limitations for the game to make it easier to join. But not for certain. Anyway it is a fun game! I love sniping!

By the way Ryse is pretty good! I think it was probably the most underrated game and treated badly by the press. The story is good. But maybe a tad short. I complete it in 8 or so hours. Though I was on Recruit the lowest difficulty since I never really like fighting games. Even though I don't like fighting games this one got my interest and I love it. Also the Gladiator mode is quite fun but would be more fun if you have a friend to play with. Sorry to get off topic!
    12-27-2013 03:07 PM
    Tried Battlefield today. Was good. Although there were many graphics glitches. Quite surprised at that.
    01-01-2014 01:15 PM
    Ugh, new day different problems in BF4. Now it is either a huge influx of users or EA/Dice cut down on the amount of servers. Ridiculous. There are queues in the 60ish range for conquest...
    01-01-2014 03:41 PM
    Ugh, new day different problems in BF4. Now it is either a huge influx of users or EA/Dice cut down on the amount of servers. Ridiculous. There are queues in the 60ish range for conquest...
    I hear you. I didn't pay 60 bucks to wait 20-30 min to join a game.
    01-01-2014 08:38 PM
    Was playing the campain the other day and it crashed on me....WTF ?
    01-06-2014 09:24 AM
    I've ran in to many issues, and always contact their twitter account. So yeah, it is still very buggy. It is very fun when it actually works though.
    01-06-2014 09:32 AM
    Brother in law says it is down again today
    01-06-2014 01:08 PM
    Bought the game today. I hope those critical bugs/issues are fixed already. If not, I still have fifa14 and forza5 in case of emergency. :)
    01-10-2014 04:58 AM
    Forza is sweet.
    01-10-2014 06:36 AM
    Played for several hours this weekend and had a lot of issues trying to play with friends. Lost 80-90 percent of my stats for several matches and at least one hour of boost time all due to disconnects.

But... the game is good enough that in spite of these issues I kept playing.
    01-13-2014 12:47 PM
    Hey Guys,

If you haven't found it yet, there's a cool Battlefield 4 Stats app for windows. There are 3 apps, but this one is free and better than the paid for ones.
    Battlefield 4 Stats | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    01-17-2014 12:45 AM
    Where can I get bf4 with premium cheapest in the UK?
    01-17-2014 01:17 AM
    Where can I get bf4 with premium cheapest in the UK?
    I'd check out sites like CJS CD Keys and G2Play.
    01-17-2014 02:21 AM
    As taken from Battlelog:
    15/1/2014 We have started rolling out a new Battlefield 4 update for Xbox One. You may experience some downtime while this update is being deployed. Change notes below.

-Various fixes for improving general stability
    -Fixed various random deadlocks (the so called “sound loop crash”)
    -Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
    -Fixed issue with player spawning under the map in Lancang Dam
    -Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open
    -Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
    -Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
    -China Rising: Fixed animation glitch for motorbike passengers ocuring when aiming
    -Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons
    -Normalized repair rates across all vehicles. Vehicles with lower health points, like aircraft and transport vehicles, now repair more slowly than before
    -Fixed a bug where the M1 Abrams Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
    -Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
    -Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
    -Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons in the scoreboard would not be updated
    -Fixed issue with soldier health showing 1 HP in killcard instead of 0 HP
    -Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
    -Reduced the risk of single player campaign save file becoming corrupt
    01-17-2014 02:56 AM
    Next question.... The dlc, worth it?
    01-18-2014 06:07 PM
    nope
    01-18-2014 06:09 PM
    On its own, no. If you like BF4 and play it a lot though, then buy Premium, worth it IMO (even if I don't agree with the this micro-transaction BS that seems to be commonplace now) Premium - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
    01-18-2014 07:03 PM
83 123 ...