Cortana on XBOX One: Possibilities!

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
As I day dreamed about Cortana being on XBOX One, I am starting to think that my imagination may come closer to reality than I realize.

So Cortana is supposed to be a revolutionary assistant and a shell across multiple devices. Since the XBOX One has Kinect, Cortana will be able to see you and anyone in the family right? So if you had to leave the house for an errand and wanted to let a family member know where you were if they are not there, would it be possible to do this:

Me: "Cortana, if you see my [wife/spouse], tell them I went to Walmart and will be back in an hour."

Not only will Cortana tell the family member this, but if I am running late, Cortana will be on my Windows Phone and "know" that I am still out of the house after an hour and remind me of what I said. (Perhaps through a bluetooth headset)

I realize this is somewhat a Jarvis type of AI and futuristic, but is the future here? Can this be done at this time? I guess I want someone to pinch me back to reality:) If not, then maybe expound upon this idea or other cool things I may be missing with Cortana and XBOX One! Or affectionately Ghost in a Shell!

Thanks!

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sounds cool but what if a ghost or a doppleganger were to confuse Kinect with your wife, and Cortana tells you on your phone that your wife says ok I'm cooking dinner, then a few seconds later you get a text from her saying I'll be home soon.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I like your imagination! One issue is you'd need to leave the XBone on since as I understand it, only the microphone is active when it is sleeping.

I'm pretty excited for what kind of cool stuff will be available in the next few years. I'm doing a bunch of home automation stuff on my house I'm currently building and can control things via my smartphone, but I'd love to walk into my house and have it bow to my voice commands. Some day....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon