Well, my Xbox One Died...

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I powered it on, watched a little tv, then decided to play Forza..

I inserted the disc in and it pulled it half way and stopped. I'm like oh no, not the failed disc drive... Well, I pulled the disc out and after a few reboots, the drive still did not work...

Even worse, I realized the whole console was malfunctioning as the OS would not load anything... No apps, site, game, or tv. All would display was the core apps and two spinning circles.

I called Microsoft and long story short, I'm getting a free game and instead of replacements or exchange, I will be exchanging it at the Microsoft store in Corte Madera CA.

I bought it on the 10th of December. I've only played it a handful of times. It died Dec 31... I keep it in a well ventilated location. No abuse and I am the only user... Needless to say, I'm no novice to electronics.

I guess other than to put my story out there, I want to inform the community. I was happy that my system was not one of the ones that did not work out of the box like some people... But that did not mean that I did not have a defective unit. It died. I just did nit know the OS would screw up too.

I have no way of retrieving game saves, but Xbox support said all of that was stored in the cloud?! Happy New Year right :). I'm just happy I do lice close to a MS store to get this taken care of quickly. I purchased ms complete warranty, but I am not using warranty service for a product a few weeks old... That is a lemon, period .

I have a free download for dead rising, but I was bored with the demo... Maybe I will sell/trade it...

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Well that's why i don't like buying new consoles...Just like the X360...Phat had over 50% rate of RROD (Red Ring Of Death),and hopefully after releasing the Slim version of X360 they fixed any problem.But...I'm sorry to hear that your Xbox ONE Died :(,thanks for informing us about this issue,Xbox one buyers/owners keep that in mind...

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I usually don't mind pioneering as I am pretty technically inclined. This was an inconvenience, but all is resolved now. I have my replacement and a game, which I kinda do not want, lol.

Yeah, I know a lot of people who had the RROD and one with a YLOD. I feel pretty good with the xbox one where I was really scared of the xbox 360. Microsoft is not denying the issues that may or may not happen now. And I have 3 years warranty with 1 complete exchange for a brand new xbone, 2 exchanges for a controller.

When I took my xbone for a swap, the employee helping me tested the unit and it would not boot... So, I am really not sure what killed my unit...

I could not get a straight answer from xbox support if the issue was identified and fixed for after launch purchases. I have not heard of Kinect two having issues, but it is big and has a fan... I try to keep mine dusted as I can imagine it getting loud, over heating, or dying one day, lol. The Xbox One does have a lot of good ventilation and stays rather cool and quit. My PS3 is a different story...

Good luck and Happy New Year!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why phone Microsoft? I would have gone straight back to the retailer.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I am a Windows Phone user myself and love Microsoft for what they doing with WP8 but I don't like the Xbox at all. I have friends that bought the Xbox and none of these last a year. I bought a PS3 on black Friday 2012 and its still like new. Never have problems with it, except that in few ocassions froze. But definitely I will never in a million years spend money in a Xbox.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Given they produce those by the million your gonna have some bad units. Its actually better for that to happen now rather than later. If it were down the road a bit you would be getting a refurbished unit.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am a Windows Phone user myself and love Microsoft for what they doing with WP8 but I don't like the Xbox at all. I have friends that bought the Xbox and none of these last a year. I bought a PS3 on black Friday 2012 and its still like new. Never have problems with it, except that in few ocassions froze. But definitely I will never in a million years spend money in a Xbox.

I guess it all depends on how you game, there are a lot of games that is great for the Xbox and the Xbox one, as well as the PS3.... I solved the problem, I got them both so I can play any game I want !

To each their own...It's your money, you have your choice, if no games appeal to you, then it's your loss...

To the OP, not too crazy about Dead Rising but, I'll put it out there, $30 via paypal if you want to sell the digital license you get...I was actually going to wait to grab this one on ebay a few months from now for $20ish...as it's ok...

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Well that's why i don't like buying new consoles...Just like the X360...Phat had over 50% rate of RROD (Red Ring Of Death),and hopefully after releasing the Slim version of X360 they fixed any problem.But...I'm sorry to hear that your Xbox ONE Died :(,thanks for informing us about this issue,Xbox one buyers/owners keep that in mind...

The Xbox 360 did not have a 50% failure rate. That is incredibly exaggerated FUD that was disseminated by nimwits on the Internet.

As to the OP, sorry your Xbox One failed. Those types of things happens sometimes; they're rare, but they happen. It's covered under warranty and Microsoft is good about doing advanced exchanges so you should have a new one in no time. Also, about Dead Rising 3: the demo doesn't do the game justice. I played the demo and didn't like it (the demo is too restrictive), but my friends kept badgering me about how awesome the game is; I bought it and couldn't be happier. Slaughtering throngs of zombies never gets old.

As to anyone considering an Xbox One: it's effing awesome. Love it. Awesome games, awesome movies, awesome apps, awesome voice commands. Best purchase I've made in years.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Actually it was a 33% rate.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The Xbox 360 did not have a 50% failure rate. That is incredibly exaggerated FUD that was disseminated by nimwits on the Internet.

As to the OP, sorry your Xbox One failed. Those types of things happens sometimes; they're rare, but they happen. It's covered under warranty and Microsoft is good about doing advanced exchanges so you should have a new one in no time. Also, about Dead Rising 3: the demo doesn't do the game justice. I played the demo and didn't like it (the demo is too restrictive), but my friends kept badgering me about how awesome the game is; I bought it and couldn't be happier. Slaughtering throngs of zombies never gets old.

As to anyone considering an Xbox One: it's effing awesome. Love it. Awesome games, awesome movies, awesome apps, awesome voice commands. Best purchase I've made in years.

YEah, no real issue for me. I understand these things happen. I had it replaced the very next day, but just had the time to set it up a few minutes ago... Now I can get back to forza.

I have no regrets and I am having a great time with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss