03-18-2014 05:28 PM
46 12
tools
    I experienced the dark side of the Kinect being always-on. I was playing NBA 2k14 and failed to get a rebound. I swore at the TV, and the refs hit me with a technical foul. Whoops!
    01-27-2014 10:55 AM
    01-27-2014 02:33 PM
    Wow. Stupidest article ever.

Can be basically summed up like this...

Some guy on Twitter who plays games a lot thinks the PS4 is better. He has unnamed sources that say that they like the PS4. Therefore, the XBOX ONE is doomed.
    01-27-2014 05:38 PM
    His name is Ashan Rasheed and he is quoted by many as being a person in the know. Many of BGR's articles are BS, but some are not.
    01-28-2014 07:42 AM
    Interesting.
    While MS is still keeping AAA rating, Moodys said that it had downgraded Sony's credit rating to junk status (BA1)
    https://www.moodys.com/research/Mood...ble--PR_291264
    That's the point I keep trying to make. Sony wins the battle(PS4 over XB1) but Microsoft wins the war over Sony in the "big picture".
    01-29-2014 11:10 PM
    MS financial result in Q4 2013 was a profit ~$6.5 bilions.
    Sony's financial result in Q3 2013 was a loss ~$100mils.

There is clear winner in "bigger picture", no need to say battle (Xb1 vs PS4) has just begun and considering financial stability of Microsoft, we will deffinitelly see new exclusive titles + developers to be taken over by MS. There is bright future ahead of us, I believe. :)
    01-30-2014 08:14 AM
    I mean its not really fair to compare q3 vs q4... I'm assuming Sony's Q4 was a profit.
    01-30-2014 11:17 AM
    I mean its not really fair to compare q3 vs q4... I'm assuming Sony's Q4 was a profit.
    Even assuming Sony made a $500 million profit in Q4(best case scenario), MS profit would be 13x greater.

At the moment Microsoft cash horde ~84 billion USD. Sony ~1.4 billion USD. Think about that for a moment. That fact should sender a shiver down the spine of any Sony executive.
    minus365 likes this.
    01-31-2014 03:04 AM
    His name is Ashan Rasheed and he is quoted by many as being a person in the know. Many of BGR's articles are BS, but some are not.
    "In the know" of BS.

What is he supposedly "in the know" of other than his own opinion?
    01-31-2014 11:06 PM
    WP vs Apple forum topic: "Stock markets means nothing WP is the better product!!!"
    XB1 vs PS4 forum topic: Sales mean nothing MS is doing better on the stock market!!!"

lol you guys slay me. I'm pretty sure nobody walking out of bestbuy with a PS4 after all the reviews are calling it the winner care about how MS's stock is doing these days.
    03-09-2014 03:40 PM
    WP vs Apple forum topic: "Stock markets means nothing WP is the better product!!!"
    XB1 vs PS4 forum topic: Sales mean nothing MS is doing better on the stock market!!!"

lol you guys slay me. I'm pretty sure nobody walking out of bestbuy with a PS4 after all the reviews are calling it the winner care about how MS's stock is doing these days.
    While both are silly arguments, it's even sillier to imply that just cos you might've seen both arguments on this forum doesn't mean that the same people have said them. There's stupid people to go around for sure, but that includes anyone who claims "PS4 has won" at this point of the generation :P
    Curtieson likes this.
    03-09-2014 05:27 PM
    While both are silly arguments, it's even sillier to imply that just cos you might've seen both arguments on this forum doesn't mean that the same people have said them. There's stupid people to go around for sure, but that includes anyone who claims "PS4 has won" at this point of the generation :P
    I'm not so sure about that. Any good PR trainer of sales personnel and politicians will tell you the importance of first impressions. In today's world of tech, the media comes out of the gates with product reviews near launch time. Then they move on to the "next big thing". Follow-ups are few and far between and usually happen when newer hardware of the same name is introduced (ie. XBox 360S, etc).

For now I am going to agree that Sony has definitely won - this round. What MS would do if they were smart is to launch another XboxOne variant ie. "Xbox One Ultra" or whatever, I'm just making up silly names but you get the point. Price match it to the PS4, and get rid of the most criticized parts of this current launch.
    03-11-2014 07:53 PM
    I experienced the dark side of the Kinect being always-on. I was playing NBA 2k14 and failed to get a rebound. I swore at the TV, and the refs hit me with a technical foul. Whoops!
    That's actually hilarious! Almost like an easter egg!
    03-11-2014 09:31 PM
    I'm not so sure about that. Any good PR trainer of sales personnel and politicians will tell you the importance of first impressions. In today's world of tech, the media comes out of the gates with product reviews near launch time. Then they move on to the "next big thing". Follow-ups are few and far between and usually happen when newer hardware of the same name is introduced (ie. XBox 360S, etc).

For now I am going to agree that Sony has definitely won - this round. What MS would do if they were smart is to launch another XboxOne variant ie. "Xbox One Ultra" or whatever, I'm just making up silly names but you get the point. Price match it to the PS4, and get rid of the most criticized parts of this current launch.
    First impression is important, yes. But I'd point to previous generation where PS3 was far more ****ed when it launched than Xbox One ever was, yet PS3 managed to pretty much get a tie with the 360 regardless of 360's year headstart and PS3s TERRIBLE start.

That said, even if PS4 won the first place this time around, so what? I just want both consoles to be succesful cos competition is good. As long as neither gets WiiU'd, I'm happy :D
    Vallos likes this.
    03-12-2014 05:13 AM
    Ha, I thought it was about gaming and now I see it is about winning some abstract console wars:) does it really matter? Both machines are built on virtually the same HW which means both will be supported by developers (+ extra Kinect functionality on Xbone I don't really care about). Historically Sony had more and (arguably) better exclusives, but there are less and less of them with each generation so there's really not much difference. I'd be happy if both companies turn enough profit so dedicated gaming devices don't die. I'm much more worried about casual gaming completely taking over than Sony winning this round of console wars...
    03-12-2014 07:25 AM
    First impression is important, yes. But I'd point to previous generation where PS3 was far more ****ed when it launched than Xbox One ever was, yet PS3 managed to pretty much get a tie with the 360 regardless of 360's year headstart and PS3s TERRIBLE start.
    we weren't reading the same reviews if that's what your impression of what the 360's launch was. The two most common problems for that gen at launch were the YLoD on the PS3 and the RRoD on the 360. You're welcome to investigate for yourself if you won't take my word for it but tech reviews are virtually unanimous in listing study results that showed the PS3's yellow light at a 2% probability of chance while the 360 RROD was at 33%.
    03-14-2014 01:33 AM
    we weren't reading the same reviews if that's what your impression of what the 360's launch was. The two most common problems for that gen at launch were the YLoD on the PS3 and the RRoD on the 360. You're welcome to investigate for yourself if you won't take my word for it but tech reviews are virtually unanimous in listing study results that showed the PS3's yellow light at a 2% probability of chance while the 360 RROD was at 33%.
    PS3s terrible start wasn't about hardware faults, it was about price and how hard it was to develop for so nobody wanted to develop for it. I didn't mention anything about 360s launch though, that sure wasn't good either. It doesn't change the point though that PS3 didnt make a good impression when it first came either. And well, we can all the same argue that neither did 360 and look how much both sold and how well they did.
    03-14-2014 03:47 AM
    With PS3 it wasn't as simple as 'oh, it's more expensive than X360...', because having BD drive was a big deal then and PS3 was considered significantly faster as well so the price was kind of justified. Of course the performance thing turned out a little differently in the end but none of it really mattered as both consoles did well...
    03-14-2014 05:20 AM
    Not bad, win for everyone.
    03-17-2014 06:37 PM

First impressions mean little if people don't buy a product or developers don't support it. Betamax was the clear technical winner against VHS, but more people adopted VHS and Betamax ultimately failed. Many people said HD-DVD was the superior format over Blu-ray, but more content providers supported Blu-ray and more consumers bought Blu-ray players.

In this case, they will both do fine. In fact, many people will buy both consoles.
    03-18-2014 10:44 AM
    Are you serious? lol, I had no idea that could happen! hahaha
    03-18-2014 05:28 PM
46 12