Xbox One sells 3 million units

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess there could be a slight chance for multiplats that the effort put into developing Kinect features could be somehow utilized for the PS camera too.

Except that the tech is completely different.

A large part of Kinect is its ability to sense depth. The PS camera can't.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.. just wishful thinking. If they could utilize some of Kinect's "coding" for PS too, they might be more interested in seeing the effort.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the dark side of the Kinect being always-on. I was playing NBA 2k14 and failed to get a rebound. I swore at the TV, and the refs hit me with a technical foul. Whoops!

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
MS financial result in Q4 2013 was a profit ~$6.5 bilions.
Sony's financial result in Q3 2013 was a loss ~$100mils.

There is clear winner in "bigger picture", no need to say battle (Xb1 vs PS4) has just begun and considering financial stability of Microsoft, we will deffinitelly see new exclusive titles + developers to be taken over by MS. There is bright future ahead of us, I believe. :)

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I mean its not really fair to compare q3 vs q4... I'm assuming Sony's Q4 was a profit.

Even assuming Sony made a $500 million profit in Q4(best case scenario), MS profit would be 13x greater.

At the moment Microsoft cash horde ~84 billion USD. Sony ~1.4 billion USD. Think about that for a moment. That fact should sender a shiver down the spine of any Sony executive.

xchange

Banned
Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
WP vs Apple forum topic: "Stock markets means nothing WP is the better product!!!"
XB1 vs PS4 forum topic: Sales mean nothing MS is doing better on the stock market!!!"

lol you guys slay me. I'm pretty sure nobody walking out of bestbuy with a PS4 after all the reviews are calling it the winner care about how MS's stock is doing these days.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
WP vs Apple forum topic: "Stock markets means nothing WP is the better product!!!"
XB1 vs PS4 forum topic: Sales mean nothing MS is doing better on the stock market!!!"

lol you guys slay me. I'm pretty sure nobody walking out of bestbuy with a PS4 after all the reviews are calling it the winner care about how MS's stock is doing these days.

While both are silly arguments, it's even sillier to imply that just cos you might've seen both arguments on this forum doesn't mean that the same people have said them. There's stupid people to go around for sure, but that includes anyone who claims "PS4 has won" at this point of the generation :p

xchange

Banned
Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
While both are silly arguments, it's even sillier to imply that just cos you might've seen both arguments on this forum doesn't mean that the same people have said them. There's stupid people to go around for sure, but that includes anyone who claims "PS4 has won" at this point of the generation :p

I'm not so sure about that. Any good PR trainer of sales personnel and politicians will tell you the importance of first impressions. In today's world of tech, the media comes out of the gates with product reviews near launch time. Then they move on to the "next big thing". Follow-ups are few and far between and usually happen when newer hardware of the same name is introduced (ie. XBox 360S, etc).

For now I am going to agree that Sony has definitely won - this round. What MS would do if they were smart is to launch another XboxOne variant ie. "Xbox One Ultra" or whatever, I'm just making up silly names but you get the point. Price match it to the PS4, and get rid of the most criticized parts of this current launch.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not so sure about that. Any good PR trainer of sales personnel and politicians will tell you the importance of first impressions. In today's world of tech, the media comes out of the gates with product reviews near launch time. Then they move on to the "next big thing". Follow-ups are few and far between and usually happen when newer hardware of the same name is introduced (ie. XBox 360S, etc).

For now I am going to agree that Sony has definitely won - this round. What MS would do if they were smart is to launch another XboxOne variant ie. "Xbox One Ultra" or whatever, I'm just making up silly names but you get the point. Price match it to the PS4, and get rid of the most criticized parts of this current launch.

First impression is important, yes. But I'd point to previous generation where PS3 was far more ****ed when it launched than Xbox One ever was, yet PS3 managed to pretty much get a tie with the 360 regardless of 360's year headstart and PS3s TERRIBLE start.

That said, even if PS4 won the first place this time around, so what? I just want both consoles to be succesful cos competition is good. As long as neither gets WiiU'd, I'm happy :D

liquidkoshman

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Ha, I thought it was about gaming and now I see it is about winning some abstract console wars:) does it really matter? Both machines are built on virtually the same HW which means both will be supported by developers (+ extra Kinect functionality on Xbone I don't really care about). Historically Sony had more and (arguably) better exclusives, but there are less and less of them with each generation so there's really not much difference. I'd be happy if both companies turn enough profit so dedicated gaming devices don't die. I'm much more worried about casual gaming completely taking over than Sony winning this round of console wars...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb