A quick question to the owners of the Xbox One:

Considering about importing an X1, but if I import one from the UK, I'm gonna need an adapter or a different kind of power cable.

I understand the Xbox One has a detachable power cord on that end of the power brick that goes to the wall outlet? Is it the usual type D-kinda plug that fe. desktop PC PSUs and many monitors use? Such as in this picture:

01-07-2014 11:41 AM
    Why don't you order via amazon.de or import from some other EU country? There wouldn't be a problem with power cord... Be aware about warranty conditions may be different across EU. Some countries have 1year, while other ones may have 2years...
    01-09-2014 03:53 AM
    Why don't you order via amazon.de or import from some other EU country? There wouldn't be a problem with power cord... Be aware about warranty conditions may be different across EU. Some countries have 1year, while other ones may have 2years...
    Every country in the EU has a minimum warranty of 2 years (some countries apply a longer warranty to specific products) on new goods and 1 year on used goods.
    01-09-2014 04:13 AM
    Just because it's inside the EU does not mean it has the same power plug. So if you order from amazon.de you will still need a different power cord.

But since I don't actually have an xbox one I can't really answer the original question.
    01-09-2014 04:15 AM
    I would prefer UK cos I could actually deal with them when it comes to warranty myself. Have you ever tried to speak english with german customer support?

That's the dilemma here... import from UK and at least be able to communicate with the store if necessary or import from Germany and not have problems with power cables or anything, but in case of warranty it's gonna be a pain in the *** to try to get a replacement.

@simon.b: when it comes to Germany and Finland, the power cable would work just fine. We use the same standards.

And to answer my original question, the Xbox One power brick has a very similar shape'ish plug, but it has 2 pins, while the typical kettle lead has holes for 3 pins. I couldn't really get a definite answer whether it would even fit, work or perhaps fry the console, but not gonna try my luck :P

Other option would be to use a wall outlet adapter, but I would prefer not to use one long term for expensive electronics, but the easy part would be that they cost like 1€ and are widely available everywhere..
    01-09-2014 04:16 AM
    Every country in the EU has a minimum warranty of 2 years (some countries apply a longer warranty to specific products) on new goods and 1 year on used goods.
    Yes that's true. I was apparaently refering to old laws before warranty was unified accross EU.
    01-09-2014 04:53 AM
    I would prefer UK cos I could actually deal with them when it comes to warranty myself. Have you ever tried to speak english with german customer support?
    Yes I did. I bought ny Xbox1 in Austria and I had to do replacement 2 times, so I talked to them (cyberport.de) via customer support. It was ok to do that in English, bit challenging I must say :), but ok.
    01-09-2014 05:06 AM
    Hi! I am american and am Living in Austria for the year and I am trying to buy an xbox one and just realized that I really don't want to have to take home an xbox with an austrian power cord. I would rather just use an adapter for here. I am trying to cut down on shipping costs by shopping on amazon.de, but I'm assuming I would have to buy an American power cord? Do you know if it would plug right into the back of an Austrian xbox one the same way? Last but not least, does the xbox one default to German if I buy it from amazon.de? (it wouldn't be a huge problem for me but If I ever wanted to sell it later I have no clue if that would be an issue) Thanks in advance!
    11-18-2014 04:38 AM