Xbox Service Center Problems

jkidd01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I just want to make sure everyone is aware of what the "procedure" is for if they lose, mishandle, or otherwise screw up your service request to them.

I sent my controller in to Microsoft for service on 12/13/13, they said that I should receive a new controller to replace it within 10 days after getting the defective controller. I waited patiently for 2 weeks before I started getting on chat every few days to check on the status. Each time they told me "not to worry" and that "it would be shipping out in the next 24-48 hours" but it never did.

I requested a call on 1/5/14 to speak with someone in hardware about the controller, to see what is going on. The support agent noted that the order had accidentally been canceled on their side, and was likely because someone "forgot to click the correct button after making the service request". He put in an escalation and said I would be contacted with a tracking number for the controller within 7 days.

On 1/12/14 I received an email stating I should send in my old controller for service and that a new one to replace it would be sent back. At this point, they still have my controller, so I have nothing to send to them. I called up support again and they said "Oh, I'm sorry, it appears the escalation agent didn't quite understand the notes on this service request, I'll make a note and they'll get back to you in 7 days".

It takes, 7 days to get a reply apparently. Just a reply too, they can't promise a resolution or anything other than a reply.

At this point, since release day, I've had my controller for my Xbox One less time than the service center has.

I am no longer being patient with Microsoft. If you make a mistake while handling an order, you should still fulfill the order within the original promised deadline, or at LEAST have competent enough staff so that someone can give an actual answer, other than telling the customer to wait another 7 days each time.
I should have been able to sit at home and play my Xbox One with my Day One controller for at least a week or two now.

/vent

Does anyone know of any other support channels I can go through with Microsoft that might be able to actually do something?

InvisGhost

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I would ALWAYS suggest contacting Xbox support via the phone number 1-800-4MY-XBOX rather than doing the chat support option. You're talking to someone who is only talking to you rather than having multiple chats at once. They can give you their full attention and that small fact results in better support. As for your specific issue, it seems like you're in a situation where anyone attempting to intervene in the process will only be able to give you a status update or possibly restart the process which is not what you want. I suggest just waiting for it and if you do need to contact Xbox again, do so over the phone.

Edit: Grammar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99