What are you playing?

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I used to play old good Thief on PC and loved the game, but honestly the latest Thief is totally crippled in my opinion. Before I bought this game, I thought it will be open world, bit like Assasins creed, aimed mainly on stealth missions and quests. Then I got really dissapointed, because this game had huge potential, but is nothing what could be called open world.

It suffers from long development by two different dev teams. Certain game mechanics are very old-gen, AI is really poor, guards are walking the same lines all the time, graphic wise nothing fancy, but I wouldn't mind if the gameplay would be mindblowing. I'd give it 4/10. :)
btw. I played on the mid-hard settings, with all those UI helps turned off, but this game still doesn't do it for me.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
As for the open world thing, it is that too partially. I mean it's not like "load next mission" kinda thing like earlier thiefs or many other games, even if at the same time it isn't the kinda open world than fe. AC IV. Then again most ACs don't have any meaningful indoors areas in the open world either to my knowledge, but I do agree that they should've been able to make the whole "free roam city" into one area without loading zones. The sloppy developing can be seen elsewhere too, like performance and the buggyness you mention, but none of these are really putting me off from the game too much, cos I think the basic fundamentals are still there and at least addictive to me and that is stealing things from everywhere and everyone! :D

The game can be made into quite a lot of things really depending how you want to play. Like difficulty and what all you leave on (I also turned most of the "helpful UI stuff" off for challenge) and what is your stance on lethal force etc. I for one refuse to kill any humans (but I have killed a few dogs to shut em up) and the difficulty level I have also dictates that knocking out any civilians is not allowed. Someone who is less interested in the whole "thief ethics" thing could just shoot a guard dead to solve many puzzles much easier or be more prone for combat against them, but I try to go as stealthy as possible and harm as few people as I barely can, cos being a thief isn't about killing or violence. Just like in Elder Scrolls games the Thieves' guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines are nothing alike.

I've played the game about 17h now and I'm just past chapter 5. I believe there are a total of 8 chapters. After the first chapter which was largely a tutorial in disguise I spent almost 4 hours just exploring the "open world" and stealing stuff there and solving some puzzles I ran into before I moved into chapter 2. There should still be plenty of sidemissions for me to do, but I do feel that during the early hours into the game I did quite a few of them of what are available in the game.

But yea, still really enjoying the game. So far my biggest problem about it was the non-human things in one of the chapters (sort of a spoiler, but it was in the trailers too). I just hope I wont run into those anymore for the rest of the game. One of things I've loved about Thief (like all of em) is how Garrett is just a normal human (even if with a mechanical eye :p) and there's no overly silly stuff about him, which is why the lore going supernatural has always sorta bothered me, even if I absolutely loved all the "down to earth" gameplay.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Good to see you are enjoying the game, so it may be just me expecting more. :)

Btw. quick question to all you who have Ryse Son of Rome. Is there online code or I can safely buy second hand and enjoy both single and multiplayer? Thanks

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Good to see you are enjoying the game, so it may be just me expecting more. :)

Btw. quick question to all you who have Ryse Son of Rome. Is there online code or I can safely buy second hand and enjoy both single and multiplayer? Thanks

No code involved in multiplayer, should be safe. I recommend starting SP on hardest available difficulty. The SP campaign is pretty short (like maybe 6 hours) so second hand is a good idea, I think it's worth playing through but not really at full price :p

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Perfect, that's exactly answer I wanted to hear, thanks. :) Gonna change it with my mate for ACIV I already finished.

Can't wait :)

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
PvZ:GW. Very fun game. First time I've gotten into an online FPS. Enjoy the variety of characters, leveling up to get additional powers and earning coins to buy sticker packs full of character variants and customization options.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I finally found some time to jump on Ryse: Son of Rome. I'm loving this game. Visually, it's just beautiful and those combat mechanics are great, too. I'm playing on Legendary and at the start of level 7, total time spent spent on the game is about 6.5hrs so far. Not that bad, tho. I really don't know why this game has such low score in reviews. .

Cant wait for Ryse2. :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I also recommend everyone to play through Ryse one way or another. Finding one second hand shouldn't be hard and you can trade it back in. It's not a very long game, but I really like the MP and the campaign was good, entertaining and I still think it's easily the prettiest game of next-gen so far (including anything from PS4), but that's just my opinion.

I've played it through once and only last chapter to go on hardest difficulty for my 2nd playthrough. Thief and Titanfall are keeping me very busy so I havnt played it for a while now, but will definitely get back to finish the SP campaign again and play most likely a lot more MP in future too. I really hope there will be another Ryse game.

russmov

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I play CoD Ghosts. I have the titanfall download that came with my xb1 but I don't see the point in using the code or the desire to play it.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I play CoD Ghosts. I have the titanfall download that came with my xb1 but I don't see the point in using the code or the desire to play it.

It came with your system - download it and compare it to CoD:G. They aren't really the same, and I played both and Titanfall (in my opinion) is leaps and bounds better than CoD.

Seems like a waste when you don't even want to play a 'free' game ;)

And, if you still don't want to play it, I'd be happy to take that code off your hands so I don't have to pop the disc in anymore :)

russmov

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Personally I don't have a super high data package a month so using 40+ gb for a game is a waste lol. I have the ps4 as well and had to download ghosts for it and it made me go over my limit.(I watch a lot of Netflix so that doesn't help) id be more than willing to sell the code if someone wants it, just pm me if youd like.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Just finally finished Ryse on Legendary (so 2nd playthrough). With Thief, Titanfall and Trials Fusion I really havnt played this game in a long time. Probably gonna play the MP a bit more actively now again.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I didn't really get into titanfall. I'm a campaign kind of guy and I'm not really good playing online. Thankfully I only paid five dollars to keep it for five days. I really wish they had a story mode.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm already a bit depressed over game discs. The main reason I'm not playing Forza is because Rivals is in my disc drive, and I'm too lazy, haha.

I know! I sorta wanted to say that about Ryse earlier, but I didnt want to come off as too lazy. We've been watching the first 6 seasons of Big Bang Theory lately and that means there is always the DVD in the drive. When I think like "hmm, what should I play", I will go for the digital games like 9 times out of 10 cos it's not just about switching the disc once.. I also have to switch em around again most likely sooner than later to watch the show again lol.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got Powerstar Golf, liking it so far. If anyone wants to see it (I know I did before I bought it), I'll set up Twitch and show it, just ask. I probably won't set up the Kinect for the stream though.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Few days ago I finished Thief's main story line + all side jobs. A few mysteries still unsolved and lots of collectibles I didn't get, but like could say that I've completed 95% of the actual content at least. Took me 29h and it was a great adventure!

I just finished playing the game through AGAIN, but this time on easiest difficulty, ignoring all loot I dont need and just running past levels (however I couldnt knock anyone out or kill or use Focus for achievements) and it took me exactly 4 hours. It's funny how short you can "make" the game for yourself. I'm happy I picked the 30h route originally :D And that wasn't any kind of "must have everything!!!!"-kinda run, I was just playing normally and exploring as I came across things, I wasnt taking it slow or fast. That 4h run makes me think though that it must sorta suck to be a game journalist. You have to rush through games and spoil them for yourself and you cant always see even half the game has to offer. Like this 4h run showed me a fraction of the amazing stuff this game had to offer.

Now waiting on Watch Dogs, might try to squeeze out a couple of more achievements out of Thief in the meantime :p It's one of these games where you really have to work for your achievements, meanwhile in Ryse or Peggle 2 you pretty much get 800 GS just for finshing the game :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium