05-08-2014 04:21 PM
40 12
tools
    Okay so I'm really bored today, as usually I barely have time to even visit the forums and read a post or two.

Anyway, what game(s) have you hooked right now?

I've just completed the story in ACIV, and can't get enough of it. I lose hours and hours at a time playing it.

Also Powerstar Golf. I just bought it on sale and it's a lot of fun. I like the card packs for gear and bonuses, and man it is very challenging for not being a "serious" game.

I'm debating on whether or not to pay the $10 to upgrade COD Ghosts. Trying to just hold off until Titanfall..
    01-29-2014 04:33 PM
    Got bored with Ryse and bought Lego marvels superheros off eBay for $30 and been playing that for the last few days. I also bought assassins creed off eBay and waiting for it to be delivered now. The seller has taken there sweet time shipping it.
    01-29-2014 08:26 PM
    Ryse, KI and Peggle 2 for the most parts atm. Waiting for Thief and Titanfall.
    01-30-2014 06:17 AM
    Battlefield lately but went back to CoD last night, the new maps are horrible and suffer from frame rate drop which is pretty bad. AC when I have a tin of time.
    01-30-2014 08:26 AM
    Just beat ryse... I've pretty much fully migrated back to League of Legends until PvZ or Titanfall comes out.

I've been thinking about creating a trading thread. Would anyone be interested in trading ryze or cod for anything?
    01-30-2014 10:38 AM
    I'm playing Tomb Raider right now. I played about half-way through the 360 version. This version is about the same, except some of the more frustrating parts have been improved. It's much more enjoyable when I don't have to see Lara get her head impaled by a metal spike over and over.

Just beat ryse... I've pretty much fully migrated back to League of Legends until PvZ or Titanfall comes out.

I've been thinking about creating a trading thread. Would anyone be interested in trading ryze or cod for anything?
    I might be willing to trade Dead Rising 3 or Forza 5 to get Ryze.
    01-30-2014 11:32 AM
    Minion rush
    01-30-2014 11:38 AM
    I think Ryse is a game definitely worth playing through. The retail price is quite salty for the length of the campaign, but then again depending on your mindset you might end up enjoying the MP quite a bit too.
    01-30-2014 11:38 AM
    Anyone do gamefly? I signed up for it just to try out some of the release titles. It's great to try out titles that I'm kinda iffy on, and if I decide I want to keep the game I can buy it from them at a discount.

I got Ryse from gamefly and while it was fun I beat it in a day and sent it back. I also got Dead Rising from gamefly and that one really sucked me in so I paid to keep it. Right now I've got Lego Marvel Superheroes out, and it's fun but I don't think I'll keep it after I'm done. I might borrow Tomb Raider, but I've already played it though on PC. Fantastic game.

I've got Forza, ACIV, Powerstar Golf, Crimson Dragon all digital download copies.

Wow I think maybe I'm addicted to the Xbox One..
    01-30-2014 12:47 PM
    Forza 5 and Battlefield 4. However I still mostly play my 360. I am a social play, my friends are very cheap. lol
    01-30-2014 01:13 PM
    I've used Gamefly here and there, they're just too slow for me. It bugs me to no end that I'll send a game back on Monday... they'll get the game the next day, and won't ship out another game until Friday or the next Monday and I don't get that one for another few days...

I've done 3 months spread out over 4 years with Gamefly, I have not been impressed with them. But, perhaps Netflix spoiled me greatly...

Anyone do gamefly? I signed up for it just to try out some of the release titles. It's great to try out titles that I'm kinda iffy on, and if I decide I want to keep the game I can buy it from them at a discount.

I got Ryse from gamefly and while it was fun I beat it in a day and sent it back. I also got Dead Rising from gamefly and that one really sucked me in so I paid to keep it. Right now I've got Lego Marvel Superheroes out, and it's fun but I don't think I'll keep it after I'm done. I might borrow Tomb Raider, but I've already played it though on PC. Fantastic game.

I've got Forza, ACIV, Powerstar Golf, Crimson Dragon all digital download copies.

Wow I think maybe I'm addicted to the Xbox One..
    01-30-2014 02:41 PM
    I've already beat ACIV and Ryse (both awesome games, btw), and now I'm trying my hand at Forza 5. This is the first Forza game I've ever played, and the learning curve is STEEP! It's an amazing game though! I'm starting to get the hang of it, I think...
    01-30-2014 04:51 PM
    I'm currently double-fisting Tomb Raider and Ryse. Both are really good so far.
    01-30-2014 07:44 PM
    Finished AC IV. Now on BF4 and Fifa14.
    Last edited by minus365; 01-31-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    01-31-2014 04:00 AM
    AC IV and loving Titanfall
    03-18-2014 06:58 PM
    The week before Titanfall release it was Thief for me, now I havnt had much "time" to play Thief cos I've been too busy with Titanfall :P
    03-19-2014 04:14 AM
    How's the new Thief, any good?
    03-19-2014 08:11 AM
    Rubbish. Actually, it is even worse than I expected after reading reviews. Some mechanics are not bad, but the game is complete buggy mess. There are loading screens bloddy everywhere, the worst AI I've seen recently, it is not open world, there are some strange audio bugs.
    I bought the game, finished 3 missions and sold it. Total dissapointment.
    03-19-2014 09:43 AM
    I'm enjoying Thief a lot. I havnt luckily had many bugs, mostly just some weird looping NPC audio. I think the games biggest downside for me is what has been in every Thief game - at some point the lore takes you to some very weird places with some weird creatures, while I would just like to do the "bread and butter go there and steal this" kinda thing. But in that sense the latest Thief is much like the original ones :P

The amount of loading screens does baffle me too, but nowhere near enough to be a major negative thing for me.

I think one's stance on the game has a lot of impact on how well you recieve the game, sort of. We've played the same game, but think exactly opposite with minus. I personally love the whole Thief setting and the early games were a major part of my childhood, so I likely forgive a lot of flaws. Same goes with Ryse. The setting is like spot-on for me and I absolutely love the game, so much that I couldnt even sell it after playthrough, but decided to keep it for it's MP.

I don't think the AI is that bad, but then again I started playing on the hardest difficulty partially for that very reason. But I guess it's the same as saying Ryse is too easy, but forgetting that you are playing it on the easiest difficulty lol.

But yea, I'm probably a bit more of a Thief-franchise fan than minus above, which could explain why we think so differently about the game. I guess what to take away from this would be that if the whole setting and idea really interests you, get the game. If you are more like "well it's a big title that was just released, maybe I should get it" without any further interest towards the whole idea of the game, then you may end up disappointed.
    03-19-2014 10:01 AM
    Im mostly playing nba 2k14 and I still have to finish ryse and cod ghosts. I want a GTA type game if not GTA itself on the xbone.
    03-19-2014 10:22 AM
    I used to play old good Thief on PC and loved the game, but honestly the latest Thief is totally crippled in my opinion. Before I bought this game, I thought it will be open world, bit like Assasins creed, aimed mainly on stealth missions and quests. Then I got really dissapointed, because this game had huge potential, but is nothing what could be called open world.

It suffers from long development by two different dev teams. Certain game mechanics are very old-gen, AI is really poor, guards are walking the same lines all the time, graphic wise nothing fancy, but I wouldn't mind if the gameplay would be mindblowing. I'd give it 4/10. :)
    btw. I played on the mid-hard settings, with all those UI helps turned off, but this game still doesn't do it for me.
    03-19-2014 10:52 AM
    As for the open world thing, it is that too partially. I mean it's not like "load next mission" kinda thing like earlier thiefs or many other games, even if at the same time it isn't the kinda open world than fe. AC IV. Then again most ACs don't have any meaningful indoors areas in the open world either to my knowledge, but I do agree that they should've been able to make the whole "free roam city" into one area without loading zones. The sloppy developing can be seen elsewhere too, like performance and the buggyness you mention, but none of these are really putting me off from the game too much, cos I think the basic fundamentals are still there and at least addictive to me and that is stealing things from everywhere and everyone! :D

The game can be made into quite a lot of things really depending how you want to play. Like difficulty and what all you leave on (I also turned most of the "helpful UI stuff" off for challenge) and what is your stance on lethal force etc. I for one refuse to kill any humans (but I have killed a few dogs to shut em up) and the difficulty level I have also dictates that knocking out any civilians is not allowed. Someone who is less interested in the whole "thief ethics" thing could just shoot a guard dead to solve many puzzles much easier or be more prone for combat against them, but I try to go as stealthy as possible and harm as few people as I barely can, cos being a thief isn't about killing or violence. Just like in Elder Scrolls games the Thieves' guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines are nothing alike.

I've played the game about 17h now and I'm just past chapter 5. I believe there are a total of 8 chapters. After the first chapter which was largely a tutorial in disguise I spent almost 4 hours just exploring the "open world" and stealing stuff there and solving some puzzles I ran into before I moved into chapter 2. There should still be plenty of sidemissions for me to do, but I do feel that during the early hours into the game I did quite a few of them of what are available in the game.

But yea, still really enjoying the game. So far my biggest problem about it was the non-human things in one of the chapters (sort of a spoiler, but it was in the trailers too). I just hope I wont run into those anymore for the rest of the game. One of things I've loved about Thief (like all of em) is how Garrett is just a normal human (even if with a mechanical eye :P) and there's no overly silly stuff about him, which is why the lore going supernatural has always sorta bothered me, even if I absolutely loved all the "down to earth" gameplay.
    03-19-2014 02:58 PM
    Good to see you are enjoying the game, so it may be just me expecting more. :)

Btw. quick question to all you who have Ryse Son of Rome. Is there online code or I can safely buy second hand and enjoy both single and multiplayer? Thanks
    03-19-2014 04:22 PM
    Good to see you are enjoying the game, so it may be just me expecting more. :)

Btw. quick question to all you who have Ryse Son of Rome. Is there online code or I can safely buy second hand and enjoy both single and multiplayer? Thanks
    No code involved in multiplayer, should be safe. I recommend starting SP on hardest available difficulty. The SP campaign is pretty short (like maybe 6 hours) so second hand is a good idea, I think it's worth playing through but not really at full price :P
    03-19-2014 04:25 PM
    Perfect, that's exactly answer I wanted to hear, thanks. :) Gonna change it with my mate for ACIV I already finished.

Can't wait :-)
    03-19-2014 04:43 PM
40 12