Xbox One gets an update in March

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
USB 3.0 is capable of up to 5 Gigabits per second transfer rate. That puts it almost on par with internal Serial ATA 3.0 interface which is up to 6 Gigabits per second. Serial ATA 2.0 is only up to 3 Gigabits per second.

Yep and that is totally based on the user using a TRUE USB 3.0 drive and normally a lot more expensive than USB 2.0 drives (esp when you want a few TB).

WIth the perfect setup this should work awesome but, as we know people will cheap out and try to use a drive they have and cause problems. It's just the nature of the beast tho..

I really hope they fix a lot of stuff on the Xbox one.... Chat, Parties, Achievements, friends lists....Personally I think they screwed it up, it was almost perfect on the Xbox 360....as it just works, things are easy to access and you don't have to go 3-4 level deep just to find info that you could found in 1 click on the controller...

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The Xbox 360 evolved nicely. Certainly light years ahead of where it began.

But they have taken multiple steps back to get to the current system. The "My Stuff" is nice in that it shows a full menu instead of a popup menu, I love that thought...but then to not have the achievements and message systems on the ready, just seems like something got lost.

I'd assume there is a click through rate in the high 90s for a notification comes through for "you unlocked an achievement" or "you just got a message". So, when those toast notifications are triggered to pop up, why not automatically start to load the applications also?

I'd actually saw the click through for the game clips recorded would be lower...that is my opinion at least.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
well theres another speed update coming. They are limiting the kinnect required resources. Figured this was old news
Microsoft Reportedly Relaxing Xbox One Kinect Requirements, Giving GPU Power A Boost - HotHardware

That is a neat find, thanks for sharing.

Also found a month old update with some good quotes on the update coming out.
Xbox One's first big update will address 'the Live experience,' expect streaming before E3

"The feedback we've gotten is pretty valid; some of the social stuff is hidden or harder to use than it was on the Xbox 360. So you're gonna see us come out with an update where, well, we're going to fix those things. As a person who's been pretty involved in building Xbox Live for the last decade, I take it pretty seriously when people say it's harder to get into a party, and the defaults aren't right, and I don't like the model. So what I'm trying to do with the team is kind of theme some stuff up. Let's take an update and really go through a big list of what we're hearing from customers, what we know is broken with the architecture, areas that we want to improve or complete. I think that's a theme you'll really see us push on -- that Live experience."

Sounds like they hear us, Gents! Our fixes will be on the way, soon! haha

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Some good stuff there people. They have much to do in my opinion. I get some random crashes every now and then too. Not many, had 3 altogether, but all in the last 7 days. Odd. For me, the absolute baseline that they should aim for are the 360 features. If the new one does not do those, plus more, then I think that is a fail.

sk1d_mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
For me, pretty much everything needs a major overhaul, its painfully slow to do almost anything, the party invites and chat is so much harder to use too. I just want it all to be as simple and seemless at the xbox360, just a bit faster.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Major Nelson sent out a msg about an update next Tuesday!

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Xbox One System Update coming Feb 11 :

Key Points:
The ability to see and manage your storage space.
The battery power indicator is back!
And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.
These are just a few of the many updates we will be shipping on February 11. We’ll share more details on these and other upcoming features in the coming weeks. We have several surprises in store that we think you’ll love.

PLUS............
March 4 system updates – countdown to “Titanfall”

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The Xbox 360 evolved nicely. Certainly light years ahead of where it began.

It's insane how people are expecting such rapid updating of the XBox One when it took years on the 360. Be thankful that MS is putting updates out every month it seems. That used to be friggen amazing, now people are upset when they don't get a weekly update. It's the mobile app disease.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It's insane how people are expecting such rapid updating of the XBox One when it took years on the 360. Be thankful that MS is putting updates out every month it seems. That used to be friggen amazing, now people are upset when they don't get a weekly update. It's the mobile app disease.

were you meaning me? My comment says evolved nicely, not quickly. I don't expect weekly updates. I am also grateful that the updates are coming. However, I am a cheesed off that so much was left out. I would have expected that the minimum specs at release would be the same as the 360. I appreciate BBC iPlayer and all the other apps would take time, but the baked in features should have been implemented at release. I fully anticipate it will develop at a faster pace than the last gen.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Also the bd player 24hz sync issues has been fixed. Seeing lots of reviews complaining about this so its good to know that it has been fixed. You just need to launch bd player to get the update. So now you know.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Looking forward to those udpates and can't wait for: ......We have several surprises in store that we think you’ll love. .......

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So there was meant to be an update on feb 11th, yet my xbox isn't seeing it. Anyone got it yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
As I posted above, it was postponed to later this week. If it doesnt come tomorrow, then I guess it goes till next week, but they did say it would come still this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo