02-13-2014 08:10 AM
40 12
tools
    Hi people, just putting this out there. Xbox gets a new update in March. I am hoping for some streaming options and the ability to turn vibration off. I am hoping they make a couple of tweaks to the interface, I find it slow for achievement. Awkward to get to. What you lot after?
    01-30-2014 02:35 PM
    Hi people, just putting this out there. Xbox gets a new update in March. I am hoping for some streaming options and the ability to turn vibration off. I am hoping they make a couple of tweaks to the interface, I find it slow for achievement. Awkward to get to. What you lot after?
    This just a speculation or random rumor you heard some where?

I'd agree...the achievement and msgs take way too long to open up. The achievements need to be next to instant...currently if the app shuts itself down, it takes what feels like 5-10 seconds to start back up! (I should actually time it for validity....)
    peachy001 likes this.
    01-30-2014 02:42 PM
    No need, I know what you mean. Glorious detail though. I hope the smartglass gets an update too. But for the actual console, that vibration is a biggie for me. Oh, meant to say.... http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/29/535...-due-this-year
    01-30-2014 02:52 PM
    The app slowness seems similar to Windows 8, it's sorta weird how in the end such simple apps can take that long to open up. I feel some of it is tied to the app not loading before it has connected to internet or something. For example if I'm on the train with spotty connection and try to open an app on my Surface as the connection is "limited" (as in it sorta is connected, but not actually :P), the app (at least many of them) will basically stay in the "loading screen" until the connection has been established.

I don't really know what I'd hope mostly. I'm happy with vibration, so I personally don't need to turn that off system wide. I'd hope the Xbox On-command gets some tweaking. I've only ever got that to work once even if all other voice commands have like 99% accuracy for me (so basically just user error/loud environment being the rare problem). I could also hope for the media features to be expanded. Then more "local support" for the TV-stuff, even if just so that the 50hz areas would get proper feed. There's maybe some little inconsistency in the UI, but nothing major IMO. Party system is often given feedback on, that would be nice. I'd prefer to keep "Use Kinect for voice chat" off for games, but it sucks cos it turns it off for Skype too, a solution to this would be nice :P Battery indicator in the UI (if nothing else just a warning when it's low enough), eject button (and voice command for it).

For me it's quite minor things and things that will naturally evolve and improve over time, I really love the Xbox One and there's nothing gamebreaking for me.
    peachy001 likes this.
    01-30-2014 03:17 PM
    I agree about the achievements, I was just thinking about this last night. I hate having to completely leave the game to see my achievement. Why not open it up in snap view?
    peachy001 likes this.
    01-30-2014 03:48 PM
    How about leaving party chat on by default then there's no need snap party in middle of game and turn chat on seems stupid! How about giving me option to turn off when I want.....makes more sense
    peachy001 likes this.
    01-30-2014 04:05 PM
    From what the link says, party chat is an area they will improve. Corel, I hear what you say about the vibration, I'm only wanting the option though. Man I hate vibrating things. Took me eons to find the option in Forza, in Battlefield it does not even exist! The achievement thing would be nice. In terms of the connect to the web bit, I reckon you are spot on. I thought that is what it must be doing, Xbox Fitness can take an age to load at times. I would like them to build on the streaming capabilities of what they had with the 360. There is lots I love about it, but a bit of evolution will be sweet. I like the look of the tiles, and the pin thing is nice. Although I did like the old guide that used to pop up on the 360.

The keyboard also lags, and is much slower than the PS4 one. I would also like the predictive text bits, like I get on my phone. That would make typing replies a joy.
    01-30-2014 04:20 PM
    3D Blu-ray support. That is all!
    Rhody#WP, Curtieson and Vallos like this.
    01-30-2014 08:25 PM
    I want:

* Dolby 5.1 support
    * Ability to connect a USB hard drive
    * Fix shoddy Kinect gestures
    * Better speech recognition
    peachy001 likes this.
    01-31-2014 02:10 AM
    The hard drive bit is coming.... Though how well a game would stream from it, I don't know.
    01-31-2014 02:46 AM
    You won't be able to install games to external drive. It will serve just to stream media content, imo.
    01-31-2014 02:51 AM
    No no, they have said that it is for games too. I think.
    01-31-2014 07:30 AM
    The Xbox One has USB 3.0 so it should totally be able to load and play games from external HDD.
    01-31-2014 01:11 PM
    Would the speed be sufficient?
    01-31-2014 03:45 PM
    USB 3.0 is capable of up to 5 Gigabits per second transfer rate. That puts it almost on par with internal Serial ATA 3.0 interface which is up to 6 Gigabits per second. Serial ATA 2.0 is only up to 3 Gigabits per second.
    Last edited by TheKinkajou; 01-31-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    peachy001 likes this.
    01-31-2014 03:58 PM
    Improve the "XBOX ON" feature. Rarely works. Stream from a network drive is a must. I love XBox Music, but it doesn't have all my music or videos. Lets step up the game sharing options to the original specs, crybabies be damned. They really need to layer a social network onto XBox Live so I can find gamers that play similar games but are unknown to me. Let me build a friends list that's more than just the people I know. Even people that don't really play games and got the XBox One as a multimedia device. Pay HBO so we can hurry up and get HBO GO. We really need battery level indicators for the controllers. And lets add some features to the Smartglass app.
    01-31-2014 04:00 PM
    One thing I'd like from the X360 is the ability to play music from a USB device, ideally the Zune since I have 3 of those.
    01-31-2014 04:13 PM
    An update I'd like to see is to notify me when my friends start playing games that I own and might be interested in playing with them (sorta like the beacons thing with Xbox 360). As it is, I won't ever know a friend has come online or is playing anything unless I go to the friends list or feed. Otherwise I just miss out.
    peachy001 and sumothong01 like this.
    01-31-2014 04:17 PM
    I hear you on that one. Moving the friend list limit to 1000 meant they probably had to turn the notification off, but it would be nice to know when someone plays the same game. Could do with one of those apps that tests for locally used WiFi channels. Just to assist with enabling the best wireless connection. I as looking at downloading one last night, but couldn't find a safe or free one for the PC. InSSIDer looked promising, but the program by Mcat (Msomthing anyway), had some choppy reviews.
    01-31-2014 05:00 PM
    So apparently this is just a dashboard update, not a system one. Boo!
    01-31-2014 08:30 PM
    is this the patch with the 10% speed boost?
    01-31-2014 08:44 PM
    is this the patch with the 10% speed boost?
    no, we have already had that. My understanding is that wa included in the day one patch.
    02-01-2014 01:49 AM
    USB 3.0 is capable of up to 5 Gigabits per second transfer rate. That puts it almost on par with internal Serial ATA 3.0 interface which is up to 6 Gigabits per second. Serial ATA 2.0 is only up to 3 Gigabits per second.
    Yep and that is totally based on the user using a TRUE USB 3.0 drive and normally a lot more expensive than USB 2.0 drives (esp when you want a few TB).

WIth the perfect setup this should work awesome but, as we know people will cheap out and try to use a drive they have and cause problems. It's just the nature of the beast tho..

I really hope they fix a lot of stuff on the Xbox one.... Chat, Parties, Achievements, friends lists....Personally I think they screwed it up, it was almost perfect on the Xbox 360....as it just works, things are easy to access and you don't have to go 3-4 level deep just to find info that you could found in 1 click on the controller...
    02-01-2014 03:24 PM
    The Xbox 360 evolved nicely. Certainly light years ahead of where it began.
    02-01-2014 04:10 PM
    The Xbox 360 evolved nicely. Certainly light years ahead of where it began.
    But they have taken multiple steps back to get to the current system. The "My Stuff" is nice in that it shows a full menu instead of a popup menu, I love that thought...but then to not have the achievements and message systems on the ready, just seems like something got lost.

I'd assume there is a click through rate in the high 90s for a notification comes through for "you unlocked an achievement" or "you just got a message". So, when those toast notifications are triggered to pop up, why not automatically start to load the applications also?

I'd actually saw the click through for the game clips recorded would be lower...that is my opinion at least.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    02-03-2014 01:41 PM
40 12