Microsoft not accepting Discover?

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I got a new Discover card because of the Target breaches. When I went onto the Xbox Billing site (maybe I should post this under xbox) to change the information, it said that they do not accept Discover at this time. My Discover card has been my primary card for Xbox for awhile. I have another card I can use, but I like this one more. Anyone else see or hear anything about this?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
From Xbox Live support:
Solution 6: Confirm that you are using an approved payment method
You can use Visa, MasterCard, or American Express cards in the Windows Phone Store as long as they allow international purchases. Even if your card displays a Visa or MasterCard logo, it is possible that it's not approved by your bank or issuing financial institution to make an international purchase. Pre-paid cards, debit cards, and gift cards (even those with a Visa or MasterCard logo) do not qualify as international cards and are currently not accepted by the Windows Phone Store.
For more information about payment methods supported by the Store, see the Understanding international payment methods and billing activity article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So I guess they changed it at some point, because I've been using my Discover since I started using these services.

I'd suggest contacting their customer service via phone or online chat and asking them for further clarification. I can't offer any other personal advice, since my credit cards are Visa and Mastercard (and I have PayPal). I've never used Discover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium