Xbox One Update

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the PS4's update broke parts of their system that they have to look into just recently...

I guess it really depends on what they break in the process... With every update there is bugs, some so minor that you would never notice, others...well, twitter could be blowing up after one update.....

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Storage space management, download queue management, on-screen battery indicator, ability to use USB keyboard.

Easy way to check if you actually got this update is to hit the home button on the controller. You should see the battery level indicator next to the clock.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Major Nelson also mentions that there is a tweak to the achievements too. They'll show the description in the notifications at the top of the home screen notification menu now...

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering too. I'm getting a sync error when I try to play games. Could this be because I'm not up to date, or do I have another issue?

Edit: Nevermind, hard shutdown fixed the problem.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Ugh. Update messed up my voice recognition.

I could turn on the XBOX with, "XBOX on" and voice works in games. However, no voice commands work in dashboard. When I say "XBOX" nothing happens. I use "XBOX go home", "XBOX go to (game or app) and "XBOX turn off" a lot so this is a bummer for me. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Update was pretty poor.

Don't really see much difference. Battery indicator is useful, but thats about it.

I was hoping navigating achievements would be better, but its still ridiculously slow. Why do we need pretty videos and slow screens? I just want a fast scrolling list like the 360 had.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. Update messed up my voice recognition.

I could turn on the XBOX with, "XBOX on" and voice works in games. However, no voice commands work in dashboard. When I say "XBOX" nothing happens. I use "XBOX go home", "XBOX go to (game or app) and "XBOX turn off" a lot so this is a bummer for me. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Try recalibrating the Kinect?

Xbox On never really worked for me except with a really high pitched voice (so I wont use it), still seems to work, but the update broke the "Xbox, turn off - yes" command. Funny part is, it's the "yes" it refuses to recognize, everything else except that Xbox, On and the "yes" command in the turn off-command works perfectly.. should try recalibrating myself too, but I dont think its that when everything else works nearly 100%.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I already did try recalibrating. I also did a complete shut down and unplugged it for the night for good measure.

It worked again for 1 day, then went back to the problems.

I know Kinect works because it can hear me in game. It's just the UI options appear to not be working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720