I bought an xbox one today thinking it would be a lot better than my 360 as a media machine, only to discover I cannot download any of the videos or movies I've purchased on xbox video. Seeing as the maximum internet speed in my area (which I have) is 1.5mbps and there are other people on my network, I cannot stream my movies without constant buffering and general pixelated-ness. On the 360 I could download movies onto the console overnight and watch them in full HD goodness. It seems like a big oversight that the xbox one can't do this.

If anyone else needs or would like this feature please vote here:

Add Support on Xbox One for Downloading Movies and TV shows to internal and external hard drives – Customer Feedback for Microsoft
    02-08-2014 06:45 AM
    There are a couple of updates being released over the next few weeks, hopefully this is one of the added features. I have a Surface tablet that lets me download my videos, then I can play them to my TV. If you have a device that can access Xbox Video perhaps you could do the same in the meantime?
    02-08-2014 08:02 AM
    I do have a surface and can do that, but it does add an extra step (connecting to tv), especially considering the 360 could do this. Hopefully after next update I can say "xbox, bing *movie name*. xbox select download" to get my movies. I dream big.
    02-10-2014 02:40 AM
    I do have a surface and can do that, but it does add an extra step (connecting to tv), especially considering the 360 could do this. Hopefully after next update I can say "xbox, bing *movie name*. xbox select download" to get my movies. I dream big.
    Ideally, if you have a Windows 8 desktop machine connected to your home network with wired Ethernet, then you can download the media to that computer, open it up in Xbox Video, and then play to the Xbox One from there. At least that would be better than streaming over the Internet.
    02-10-2014 09:12 AM
    There are a couple of updates being released over the next few weeks, hopefully this is one of the added features. I have a Surface tablet that lets me download my videos, then I can play them to my TV. If you have a device that can access Xbox Video perhaps you could do the same in the meantime?
    How do you do this from your surface? When I try to Play To my video (in xbox video), it says this app can't share right now or something.
    02-10-2014 02:44 PM