data usage

hcoreyh

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,
The last two months data usage has been capped very early (telstra). The only things I can think of that changed are Xbox one and a sudden taking to xbox video. Has anyone heard reports or had personal experience with either of these things increasing data usage dramatically. This month I've watched the final two seasons of breaking bad and one movie on xbox video in SD. There has also been a change from xbox 360 use to xbox one (no games downloaded). The cap is 200gb so I can't see how this was capped in 16 days without major torrenting or game downloads. Oh maybe a little extra youtubing at either 720p or 480p, maybe 10-15 hours this month.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hitting a cellular cap is one thing, but a Cable/DSL cap? That usually takes something very deliberate.

I suppose I should start by asking what all you've downloaded this month? Any Xbox One games? They tend to be large.

"Major" torrenting? Any torrenting is suspect. The whole purpose of torrenting is to host what you've downloaded so far for others to download as well, and thus it tends to eat data quicker than even streaming video, especially if the download is extremely popular. On top of that, some torrent programs will force themselves to stay running, and are nearly trojans in how they act. If you play MMOs, check that whatever you've been playing hasn't left Pando Media Booster running on your computer. It's evil.

hcoreyh

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Pando media booster could be a culprit. I'll look into that. The torrenting is very minor. due to a download speed in excess of 10mbps and only about 3GB of torrents downloaded they were seeding for a very limited time. no xbox games downloaded. My laptop has only used 70GB in 2 months so ruled that out (windows 8.1 feature being able to see how much you have downloaded and I believe this number includes foxtel play which is unmetered). So pretty much leaves an alternate computer (primary purpose gaming not mine so pando media booster could be doing it) and xbox video on the xbox1 some of which would be included in the 70 GB as i switch between the two.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786