Konami confirms MGS5 720p on Xbox One and 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft needs to hurry the patches and their SDKs. The gap and media information is ruining them because the lack of proper use of ESRAM.

Another big title that is ruining lower than PS4. Even our exclusive , Titanfall is not running on 1080p. It is really hard to accept, but Xbox One needs a big update or at least of something better than that Media offerings. You can get most of the Xbox one media content on PS4 for a lesser price and more powerful hardware.

Here is the link: Konami Confirms MGS Ground Zeroes Runs at 1080p on PS4, 720p on Xbox One - IGN

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
He even went on to say the PS4 was the better of the two consoles. "I think, between the home consoles available in the domestic market, the PS4 is the best," said Kojima.

"Since it does it a little better than other hardware, the image quality of the PS4 is the most beautiful. It’s the closest to the photorealistic quality we are aiming at."

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Yet the difference is nonexistant. But sure, it looks bad in the press.

I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on my 24" Dell monitor, never mind my 50" TV. It's definitely noticeable and not at all nonexistent. Don't be an apologist. I <3 my X360 and I'm not going to get an Xbox One until these things stop happening, or just stick to PC gaming.

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on my 24" Dell monitor, never mind my 50" TV. It's definitely noticeable and not at all nonexistent. Don't be an apologist. I <3 my X360 and I'm not going to get an Xbox One until these things stop happening, or just stick to PC gaming.

Yes, I agree. Peharps the original name of Xbox (that time they said it would be Xbox 720) would fits better now.....makes more sense.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think it's funny when people think they can tell the difference between 720 and 1080, but when they do a blind comparison test almost 100% of the time they dont. Resolution =\= pitcure quality.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I agree. Peharps the original name of Xbox (that time they said it would be Xbox 720) would fits better now.....makes more sense.

Not really, when there are plenty of games running a resolution higher than 720p.

But yes, I'm pretty sure they opted out of the Xbox 720 name partially cos they didn't want it to feel like it referred to the resolution or anything.

But like MobileVortex said, resolution does not equal good graphics. If you ask me, Ryse still looks better than anything on the PS4, regardless of resolution. The PS4 is also more powerful, that's not an opinion but a fact. It's also easier to develop for so it will show in the spec/graphical difference early on. But even later on Xbox One will likely never truely match PS4 1 to 1, cos you just can't make more out of less power. However, 360 was also less powerful and it didn't change a damn thing. I'm also pretty sure Wii was less powerful than either PS3 or 360, yet it sold more than either. So yes, X1 has less power, so what?

marcusasdrubal

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Not really, when there are plenty of games running a resolution higher than 720p.

But yes, I'm pretty sure they opted out of the Xbox 720 name partially cos they didn't want it to feel like it referred to the resolution or anything.

But like MobileVortex said, resolution does not equal good graphics. If you ask me, Ryse still looks better than anything on the PS4, regardless of resolution. The PS4 is also more powerful, that's not an opinion but a fact. It's also easier to develop for so it will show in the spec/graphical difference early on. But even later on Xbox One will likely never truely match PS4 1 to 1, cos you just can't make more out of less power. However, 360 was also less powerful and it didn't change a damn thing. I'm also pretty sure Wii was less powerful than either PS3 or 360, yet it sold more than either. So yes, X1 has less power, so what?

Xbox 360 won the graphics war from PS3 in the beginner until right now. Even GTA V is better on Xbox 360, compared to PS3 counterpart. The architeture of PS3 is harder to work. Now Xbox One is the hardest next gen console to te devs. It is hard to use the esram in a proper way. And I have to remember that on United States , PS4 sold nearly the double of Xbox One. Then, more games will go to their route than ours...

U.S. PlayStation 4 Sales “Nearly Double” Xbox One in January | TIME.com

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Could that be because it wasnt hard to find a xbone in december? Did we forget how the xbone sold better in dec then the ps4? One month means nothing. The total us numbers have not been released. I have no doubt sony is in the lead, but to me that means nothing, lets not forget for ever 4 xbox's sold that = 1 extra ps4 being sold.

Also with the financial crisis Sony is in right now (lost 1.1 billion even with the ps4 launch). I would be leery about what's in store for the future.

Hardware is only half the battle. And i trust a software company with the other half much more.

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Right now its too early to tell anything, nobody has much software to choose from and each console is still under heavy development. But one thing I do know is that people tend to go with whatever is cheaper. If the price tags were reversed in sure we would see the Xbox as number one.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
PS4 will probably keep selling more already cos of it's signifigant price advantage. Those who arn't exactly married to either platform might just pick the one that is cheaper (also a bit more powerful).

I've never owned either PS or an Xbox in the past (only NES and GameCube), so my choice wasn't based on previous bias. That said, I would pick my Xbox One all over again, even knowing what all we know now. I wouldn't even have to think twice about it. If I cared that much about power, I'd just solely play with my PC that runs circles around the PS4. But I don't think that's why anybody buys consoles to begin with.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hardware is only half the battle. And i trust a software company with the other half much more.

uh? MS is not a game development company, that environment is VERY different from what MS does well (i.e. enterprise). They need to attract EA, Konami and whatnot, whose attitude towards the Xbox One varies from "meh" to complete pwnage, as done by Mr. Kojima here.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

The game gets upscaled to 1080p on XbOne, vs running natively at 1080p on the PS4. The difference will be negligible during actual gameplay. Many critics thought the upscaled XbOne version of Battlefield looked better than the native 1080p PS4 version due to smoother lines & better dynamic lighting, etc. I would rather the XbOne titles run natively in 1080p, but until the devs figure out how to properly optimize their software for the XbOne's unique hardware configuration, I think that upscaling is an acceptable solution.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I won't be going to a PS4, but this kind of stuff just makes it harder for me to get an Xbox One. Every time I read about these kinds of graphical issues, it makes me want to switch my non-exclusive gaming to my PC. Basically, my Xbox One gaming would get restricted to Halo and Gears. I was looking forward to The Division, but now I'll probably look into it as a PC title, if the resolution's that bad later in the year. The eSRAM's not as much of a problem as that Kinect/OS footprint, where it's using 10% of the GPU. They need to fix that soon, because it's getting REALLY bad that 6 months after release, we're still hearing crying about resolution, the console's clearly losing the sales battle (not that I personally care), and it's becoming more and more obvious that the underpowered hardware was a mistake (as was forcing the Kinect on people).

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's not like the 3D models being used are filled with so many polygons that it needs a higher resolution.

A 25,000 polygon character is still a 25,000 polygon character. Jaggies are due to curves not being perfectly smooth because of that.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I won't be going to a PS4, but this kind of stuff just makes it harder for me to get an Xbox One. Every time I read about these kinds of graphical issues, it makes me want to switch my non-exclusive gaming to my PC. Basically, my Xbox One gaming would get restricted to Halo and Gears. I was looking forward to The Division, but now I'll probably look into it as a PC title, if the resolution's that bad later in the year. The eSRAM's not as much of a problem as that Kinect/OS footprint, where it's using 10% of the GPU. They need to fix that soon, because it's getting REALLY bad that 6 months after release, we're still hearing crying about resolution, the console's clearly losing the sales battle (not that I personally care), and it's becoming more and more obvious that the underpowered hardware was a mistake (as was forcing the Kinect on people).

Just to be fair, we haven't even hit 90 days yet with the XBOX One, and the PS4 just passed 90 days.... it hasn't been 6 months...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'll give the Xbox a year before I decide whether I made a good choice or a bad choice (I'm assuming it'll be a good one( simply because this is only like, what, less than 3 months). Considering the fact that they basically had to rewrite the entire code from scratch, I'll give them leeway. I mean, they're giving a pretty big update to Windows, Windows Phone 8.1 looks incredible, Skype is basically being rewritten, and they're doing other things with the X1 like the Windows Store, I'll give them time.

I knew right out of the gate that the X1 wouldn't be as big of a powerhouse (although, I've logged at least 15 hours on Titanfall, so clearly I have no problem with the graphics), but I made a bet on the future.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
uh? MS is not a game development company, that environment is VERY different from what MS does well (i.e. enterprise). They need to attract EA, Konami and whatnot, whose attitude towards the Xbox One varies from "meh" to complete pwnage, as done by Mr. Kojima here.

LoL what?

One: I was reffering to the OS development more then anything, but MS has been developing/partnering with games for YEARS.

Two: They have already attracted EA, Konami, and whatnot. You see they have games on the platform, and are coming out with more. The amount of consoles in the market is almost double what the 360 was at this point. Both consoles are going to do great and push the envelope in their respective ways. If you guys are goign to keep crying about resolution and stupid things like this, i suggest buying a PC because if thats what's making your decisions for you PC is your platform. I think MS understands the console market better then most of you/me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)