why should i get xb1 to complete my MS ecosystem?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a huge online gamer.

I didn't play much Call of Duty online because it's really not that fun having 0 kills and 225 deaths every match. I did play Halo online a lot though.

I played the Titanfall beta. OMG. That game is just... awesome. So awesome. So so awesome.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Back to my point, Titanfall will be on PC and looks and controls way better, just sayin' :)

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

I disagree. Sure, aiming is a bit easier, but I have a gaming PC that runs TF maxed at 60 fps, yet when I got into the Xbox One beta I barely touched the PC beta anymore, only when my fiancee stole the TV :p Well, obviously it can be made look better, can't deny that, but on my 40" TV with maybe 2,5m viewing distance I never considered the games graphical level as bad. And for launch they said they are aiming for 900p on X1.

And come launch I will still opt to get TF for X1, even if it will cost twice as much (damn you cheap PC game keys). Titanfall on PC with a controller might be quite optimal, but I still wouldn't want to go against mouse users with a controller. I felt that considering the movement and pace of the game, playing with WASD is a major waste of good fingers (well, playing anything with WASD is, but with TF on PC you run out of fingers :p)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
more games run at 1080p 60 for less money than xb1

If that is the primary reason, he should just upgrade his PC, I feel.

Obviously it matters when trying to decide between the two, but it still does make me wonder..

That said, it's a bit surprising how the PS4 struggles to run most of it's AAA games at 1080p/60 fps. And this isn't to say that it has more of those than X1 or that they would still run at higher specs than the same games on X1, but considering how "omg powerful" it is, it really isn't all that powerful either :p

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Why wouldn't developers make games 1080p standard come on now its 2014 most ir all TV's are 1080p let alone 4k making the rise. But can really tell the difference in 720 and 1080 on games

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think most XBOX fans think the PS4 is a decent gaming machine. We see that it does have more potential with graphics.

However we chose XBOX because of a better online community and online infrastructure, multiple uses other than just gaming, MS exclusives like Titanfall and Halo, and Kinect's potential to be a true next-gen GAMEPLAY changer.

With these next-gen consoles we are investing in potential. The only next-gen thing I feel about the PS4 is slightly better graphics. With the XBOX ONE a lot of things feel next-gen. It's now just up to devs to implement it.

I think PS4 fans know this. That is why they seem to have a deep hate for the XBOX. They feel threatened by its existence. They'd like to see it stop existing because they don't want to see it live up to its potential since the PS4 won't have the ability to match it.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Why wouldn't developers make games 1080p standard come on now its 2014 most ir all TV's are 1080p let alone 4k making the rise. But can really tell the difference in 720 and 1080 on games

It'll be a while before 4K gaming is a 'norm' and won't exist on this generation of consoles. Heck, Forbes just did an article that 4K gaming on the PC starts at 2500 and only goes up from there (still more 'affordable' than just 6 months ago, but still).

I will say this - as we weigh the pros and cons of XBOX One over PS4. I had a group of about 15 folks over at the house last night (ranging in age from 2 months to 70 and when I said, "XBOX Watch TV/Watch ESPN/Watch Nick Jr." Everyone's (apart from that stubborn 2 month old ;)) jaws hit the floor and we're pretty amazed that it did that...

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
They may be ex-Xbox users that went to the dark side. It would explain the quality of their posts.... Na, just kidding. They mention some good points though. They have the machine to back it up this time too. The Xbox is on the back foot in many respects, but I still prefer it. The design of it is way better, IMO, than the PS4.

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it rocks! I have xbox music, use onedrive, have a Nokia Lumia 2520 and a Nokia Lumia Icon. Everything looks/feels/and sometimes connects together. And as more and more updates for each OS (WP,W8,XboxOS) they will become closer entwined. Yes get a Xbox One

nc1886

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay I have a ps3 so I'm a little irrelevant here, but if you're looking for a reason to get Xbox One, here's three I can think of:

1. The ecosystem could be a big deal. PS4 would be a great console for you (so it seems), but you may regret PS4 later down the road if MS steps up and gives Xbox better integration with your other MS stuff. Not saying this would happen- and I don't know what exactly they would do- but there is definitely some potential. I had something similar happen to me in that I got my ps3 before I was heavily invested in the MS ecosystem, and now I wish I would have bought a 360 instead (I'll probably be getting xb1 sometime this year though). If you buy a PS4, you may loose out on some integration stuff down the road. I do believe MS will improve One significantly over its lifespan. Of course, integration probably wouldn't affect your core gaming experience, but you asked why you should get it to "complete my MS ecosystem"- and there's a reason why.

2. Titanfall.

3. I don't know where you're from, but if you're American, I would get the Microsoft product over Sony. Nothing against Sony here but it always ticked me off how Japan (or Korea, China, etc) is really dedicated to their national brands (Japan is PS4 territory), and the US seems to have no consideration whatsoever as to where their money is going. YES, competition is good, and YES these are publicly traded companies, but there is just something admirable about the Japanese's loyalty to Sony. It'd be cool if Americans wanted to support their home country as well. Try to factor in the brand and where it's from when making your decision (I kinda regret not doing this when buying my ps3...).

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd say what others already mentioned. If you enjoy multiplayer games with your friends get the PS4. New gen doesn't have a lot of games and multiplayer is the only way to fill up the void between game releases. If you already have a Xbox 360 you won't miss most of the Xbox exclusives since they usually come on both 360 and the One. It depends on your gaming preference, if you mainly play racing games for example get the Xbox one, Fortza with the new controller is amazing. The ecosystem is not really connected for now, I don't know what Microsoft is doing and why win8, windows phone 8 and Xbox are not yet doing awesome things together but it might come later down the road.
That said I have an Xbox one and is really good but I have no friends with PS4 :wink:

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
The best feature I like in my One is the silence it runs. Fantastic after 360 fiasco. Wouldn't be too afraid of the "resolutiongate" as both consoles are underpowered to run 4K that will come withing few years. At that point both will feel a bit outdated I think.
Even when there are difference in graphics between One and PS4, the difference is not so much. If you are after the best quality picture, you should go with PC.

And as others has stated, if and when MS improves the media capabilities to at least 360 level, I can't see any reason why One wouldn't the mediamachine in your living room.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
If that is the primary reason, he should just upgrade his PC, I feel.

So you're saying when buying a gaming console he shouldn't consider it's ability to play games?
The XBox is underpowered. It might matter, and it might not, but the spec sheet showed it was underpowered and now we're seeing the real world results of that. You can decide if it matters to you or not, but it's a factor.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I think most XBOX fans think the PS4 is a decent gaming machine. We see that it does have more potential with graphics.

However we chose XBOX because of a better online community and online infrastructure, multiple uses other than just gaming, MS exclusives like Titanfall and Halo, and Kinect's potential to be a true next-gen GAMEPLAY changer.

With these next-gen consoles we are investing in potential. The only next-gen thing I feel about the PS4 is slightly better graphics. With the XBOX ONE a lot of things feel next-gen. It's now just up to devs to implement it.

I think PS4 fans know this. That is why they seem to have a deep hate for the XBOX. They feel threatened by its existence. They'd like to see it stop existing because they don't want to see it live up to its potential since the PS4 won't have the ability to match it.

Everything you said of the XBox one is true of the XBox 360. I don't think anyone's scared, they just don't care about Kinect or duplicative livingroom functions.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying when buying a gaming console he shouldn't consider it's ability to play games?
The XBox is underpowered. It might matter, and it might not, but the spec sheet showed it was underpowered and now we're seeing the real world results of that. You can decide if it matters to you or not, but it's a factor.

Sure, but if that's the primary reason, then the PS4 is also underpowered. The argument mainly is that I don't think anyone primarly buys these thing for their specs. Obviously when making the decision the different specs of the devices weight in the decisionmaking, though.

But I'm not afraid of suggesting people to get the PS4, I already did that in this thread, but the OP seems to want the Xbox One more. But if fe. the Xbox exclusives, the controller and the other "unique features" of the Xbox One don't interest someone, they're probably better off with the PS4 already due to it's lower price and stronger hardware. I personally think though the controller is still an abomination and I'm more more drawn towards Xbox exclusives of the usual PS exclusives. At the same time I absolutely love the Kinect's functionality and for example the HDMI passthrough. For me the decision wasn't hard, but obviously for many it is :p

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The HDMI pass through is not fo me. Bit of a waste of electric. But the Kinect is good, and the voice commands work very well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss