why should i get xb1 to complete my MS ecosystem?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Everything you said of the XBox one is true of the XBox 360. I don't think anyone's scared, they just don't care about Kinect or duplicative livingroom functions.

The hateful ones are scared.

The reasonable ones may be indifferent.

Just like XBOX fans who hate Sony are also scared.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The hateful ones are scared.

The reasonable ones may be indifferent.

Just like XBOX fans who hate Sony are also scared.

I'm an Xbox fan, but I also want Sony and Nintendo to succeed. I'm not scared. It isn't like this whole "console war" will result in only one console in the end...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Full HD Skype calling is neat. I called my parents overseas and easily fit my family in camera view. It's cool how how when my family left the room the camera then focused in me.

I also like seeing my Skydrive... ummm I mean OneDrive pictures on there.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
But it's not. Who the hell is going to use Skype in their living room? No one. Microsoft built a pile of features no one cares about.

Uh... I use it almost every week. I've got two little girls (3 years old and 8 months old) Believe me, having Skype in the living room is INFINITELY better than Skype in the office. They are more comfortable, family and friends can see them better, it's just better.

It might not be useful to YOU, but for me (and others) love it.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying when buying a gaming console he shouldn't consider it's ability to play games?
The XBox is underpowered. It might matter, and it might not, but the spec sheet showed it was underpowered and now we're seeing the real world results of that. You can decide if it matters to you or not, but it's a factor.

It's a factor in the long run. MS bet too much on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
But it's not. Who the hell is going to use Skype in their living room? No one. Microsoft built a pile of features no one cares about.

I use it. It's great! It's awesome if you have kids.

Why would I want to be forced to be tethered to a PC or phone when I can have a full wide view where the whole family can participate in a call to grandma and grandpa?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Eh, what?

I would argue that basically most people use Skype in their living room except for those that keep their computer in the bedroom (which would probably be mostly people living at their parents).

Anyways, to answer your question, I do. I use it on X1 for video chat on many times a week and it's by far the best Skype experience I've ever had.

You don't have to like everything, but lose the attitude.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have to echo myself and Dan. The living room is the perfect venue for me. Unless I wanted to put on some show for my other half, I see no reason why a bedroom position would be better. And my PC is in the dining room, and we don't spend time in there. The HD Skype is really beautiful. Christmas day was great w the Skype.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have to echo myself and Dan. The living room is the perfect venue for me. Unless I wanted to put on some show for my other half, I see no reason why a bedroom position would be better. And my PC is in the dining room, and we don't spend time in there. The HD Skype is really beautiful. Christmas day was great w the Skype.

Ugh, rather refer to me as Core or something, as I have nothing to do with the name "Dan" :D

The name is actually originated from this fantasy name generator probably like 15 years ago. It was something pretty close, but I adjusted it a bit to my liking and it has basically been my MMORPG name since, but then people have started shortening it to just "Core" so I nowadays use that if it's possible (often it isn't, as "Core" as character/login name is typically taken everywhere) :p

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
my apologies, will do. Funnily enough I have referred to you previously as Corel, I thought I would pick the other end this time.

Core, Corel and Coreldan are the most typical ones :p The "dan" is sort of an unlucky suffix there cos Dan is a name and people often think that it's my name and call me that :p But in reality it's much like calling you "Chy" :D

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nice one, but I prefer to be called 001. Only kidding, my gamertag and name here are the same as my real work persona (aside from the 001 bit), so I have it easy. I had assumed you were a Coral dealer, or some old Coral draw fan. Anyway, the Major has listed some improvements coming in the March update, all looks good. Pleasing to see MS offering regular updates. Not sure what Sony are like in that respect.

daveakowalski

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I disagree. Sure, aiming is a bit easier, but I have a gaming PC that runs TF maxed at 60 fps, yet when I got into the Xbox One beta I barely touched the PC beta anymore, only when my fiancee stole the TV :p Well, obviously it can be made look better, can't deny that, but on my 40" TV with maybe 2,5m viewing distance I never considered the games graphical level as bad. And for launch they said they are aiming for 900p on X1.

And come launch I will still opt to get TF for X1, even if it will cost twice as much (damn you cheap PC game keys). Titanfall on PC with a controller might be quite optimal, but I still wouldn't want to go against mouse users with a controller. I felt that considering the movement and pace of the game, playing with WASD is a major waste of good fingers (well, playing anything with WASD is, but with TF on PC you run out of fingers :p)

You are going to make a lot of PC gamers rip their hair out saying you'd prefer a controller over keyboard mouse lol.

Fair enough though on your preference, but regarding performance, PC you get what you pay for, and if you put $1000 into GPUs you can spank any console game, particularly when you talk about resolutions >1080p. That said, you need the hardware and a capable display to go there.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, if 1080p is your bag, then the Sony is the choice. MS just offered an improved bundle price in UK, price parity is nearly there. Especially as it is bundled with a game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel