why should i get xb1 to complete my MS ecosystem?

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It seems from the PlayStation forums he made his choice to get a PS4. However, if I were still going to try provide a reason for him to get the Xbone it is because they will be offering it with Titanfall included (no additional charge) on March 11. Titanfall is seriously that good. I know it sounds silly, but I have only played the beta and have been jonesing since to play it again. I can't wait for March 11 and I am not even a big fan of FPS games.

Also, the ecosystem thing will become more and more integrated as updates get released. There will be apps. Yes, I said it...apps that will be made for all versions of the Windows ecosystem to include the Xbone. Kinect seems like a gimmick, but it a really cool feature for voice and hand gesture controls. Game manufacturers can indeed make games run at 1080P (like Forza, for example). They just have to do so and not cut corners. I expect I will eventually be able to replace my cable box once Comcast permits. That will save me some rental fee for using their box. Simply put, the Xbone is more than just a gaming system. The future is brighter than with the PS4.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Game wise - at the moment - the XBOX One is winning in quality games....

Forza
Dead Rising 3
Peggle 2
PvZ: Garden Warfare
Titanfall (soon)
Ryse

Not to mention all the multiplatform games that run fine on the XBOX One (BF4, AC:IV, sports games, etc...)

PS4 has...
Resogun

Seriously... I heard from the Joystiq podcast that the other 'best game' on PS4 right now is Strider - which is also on the One (and 360 and PS3). Knack is uninspired. Killzone is 'bland' in gameplay but 'pretty' in looking.

Soon the PS4 will have Infamous: Second Son, but I doubt that'll be a huge system seller. And from what I was hearing/reading is that unless you truly enjoy open world games it isn't that great (which is the same thing that people said/say about Dead Rising 3)

Of course, this won't always be that way - but 'game' wise the XBOX One is winning in my book...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Except that all depends on preferences. People call Ryse bland and uninspired, if not worse things, on many occasions. I'd still say Killzone is #2 to Titanfallon that list of games myself. Dead Rising, I am not a big zombies person, and its resolution and FPS issues bother me. Forza, I am very disappointed in Turn 10's decision to add real-money purchases, while also cutting the graphics and content. Peggle just looks dumb, IMO. I'm not buying a console for smartphone games. Plants vs. Zombies is dead to me after hearing about how they added microtransactions to PvZ 2 and basically ruined the game with that. Even if GW is decent, I don't think I could be convinced to get it.Ryse, to me, looks nice. Nothing groundbreaking, but hack-and-slash gore and mayhem is fine with me.

So I'd agree that the Xbox One has a greater variety of exclusives for people, but in a "for me" situation, I'd probably say that neither console has more than 1 exclusive out right now that I would bother with (Ryse on Xbox, Killzone on PlayStation).

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Keith - do you have a XBOX One? I thought you didn't purchase one yet... so I'm interested in how the dead rising 'resolution and fps' bother you? I think the game is great, and for me - I haven't noticed any resolution/FPS issues...

If you have XBOX One, I apologize... for sounding 'rude' in anyway.

But, you're right - for some those games won't appeal.

But in diverse offerings of games MS is winning...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope, holding out for the Halo 5 one that will inevitably come, so I can put it with my Halo 4 360. Despite that, I've seen videos of the gameplay, and we've already seen it announced that DR3 is 720, 30 FPS, and doesn't even hold that 30 FPS consistently. On a next-gen console, even if some folks don't notice it (I probably wouldn't, my eyes are bad), that just screams "LAZY DEVELOPERS," and it annoys me.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
MS really needs to invest more money in MGS.

It's nice to spend hundreds of millions marketing the XBOX ONE, but we all know that the biggest thing that tends to move units are AAA exclusives.

Puts aside $100 million and use that to develop 5 killer AAA 1st party exclusives. Stuff that MS owns.

I'd love to see some great adventure game like Naughty Dog gas been doing for Sony.

I want something quirky and weird, but might blow my mind, like SeaMan for the Dreamcast.

Etc...

MS should also see if they could invest in an existing IP that normally gets crappy games. Like how THQ used to make money by making crappy movie tie-ins. But instead, get exclusivity to characters and than make something that actually kicks ****. Like if they secured the rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or something.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I think they could invest a boatload into getting soon quality titles too. Do they have the UFC as an exclusive game? I know it featured in their reveal last year.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
MS really needs to invest more money in MGS.

It's nice to spend hundreds of millions marketing the XBOX ONE, but we all know that the biggest thing that tends to move units are AAA exclusives.

Puts aside $100 million and use that to develop 5 killer AAA 1st party exclusives. Stuff that MS owns.

I'd love to see some great adventure game like Naughty Dog gas been doing for Sony.

I want something quirky and weird, but might blow my mind, like SeaMan for the Dreamcast.

Etc...

MS should also see if they could invest in an existing IP that normally gets crappy games. Like how THQ used to make money by making crappy movie tie-ins. But instead, get exclusivity to characters and than make something that actually kicks ****. Like if they secured the rights to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or something.

100 mil isn't typically enough for 5 good AAA titles. The budgets of games have skyrocketed the recent years.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I posted this elsewhere on WPcentral but I'll repeat it here. I strongly prefer the Xbox One over the PS4 because I think it's a much more exciting system. Not only will it integrate better with your other devices (SmartGlass in particular is superb), but I really think Microsoft nailed it with their 'all in one' approach.

Most of the games will look approximately the same, and 98% of games will come to both systems, so games aren't the issue here (and if they were, it is pretty undebatable that the Xbox One's exclusive game lineup is better: Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Forza 5, Ryse, Peggle 2, Crimson Dragon, Zoo Tycoon, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare all out now and coming soon is Titanfall [which is amazing: I played the beta], Project Spark, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Gears of War 4, etc.). That's all great but I'm not dropping hundreds of dollars on a one-trick pony game machine. I want my devices to do many things, and the Xbox One does more things, and does them better. Here is why I think the Xbox One is better. This is a typical day's use for me:

I walk in the door and immediately say, "Xbox, on". And before a PS4 user could take off his shoes, walk over to hisPS4, turn it on, turn on his TV and turn on his cable box, and put in a game disc, and walk over to the couch and sit down and turn on the controller--before all of that, the Xbox One has turned itself on, turned my TV on, and turned my TV set top box on. It immediately recognizes me and automatically signs me in, showing my dashboard with my pinned apps and games. I then say "Xbox, go to Killer Instinct" and while he's still turning on devices, I'm playing a game. I decide I want to play online. While it is matchmaking, I can say "Xbox, watch TV". I'm watching TV in seconds. Then a notification pops up telling me my match is ready so I say "Xbox, accept" and I'm instantly beamed back into Killer Instinct. I want my friends to see how fun Killer Instinct is so I say "Xbox, broacast" and instantly I'm streaming live to Twitch. Streaming is nice but because I play awesome, as usual, doing some sweet combos that I just have to save for later, I want to record a game clip. But, you can't pause an online match! Oh no! Oh, wait, I simply say "Xbox, record that" and the clip is recorded without me having to even take a finger off the controller. The match ends and I want to work on a new, tricky combo, so I say, "Xbox, snap Internet Explorer" and I search for a video guide, find it, and then while it's playing in the right pane, I'm aping the moves in the left pane. I realize suddenly I need to ask my dad something. Instead of having to exit out of the game, open up Skype, go to my contacts list, locate my dad's name, select it, and then call him, I can simply say "Xbox, Skype Dad" and in seconds it's ringing him. After the call I decide I want to watch TV while I eat messy chicken wings: hands are greasy and full but it's no problem as I can just say "Xbox, watch CBS" / "What's on NBC?", navigating live TV via voice.

These are the types of conveniences that the PS4 doesn't offer. I can do so much on my Xbox One: I can watch TV with an awesome channel guide called OneGuide (this is a huge deal for me because I have only free antenna TV, without a guide), I can swing on over to Netflix, I can surf the web, I can play games, I can Skype friends, I can do two things at the same time, I can instantly switch between all those apps without having to fumble around with HDMI inputs, remotes, etc. It's amazingly convenient, and I absolutely love it.

Last edited:

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Well games are the issue if we are talking about exclusives. For those with no allegiance to any system, then it comes down to whether or not you want to pay $500 vs $400 to play the same game.

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Got rid of the PS4, now I have a xb1. My online experience was sub par with psn. Don't know I it was EA'S SERVERS OR psn. Also got tired of terrible charge on the PS controller. Xboxone has been ok so far, features are impressive. Graphical power seems better on PS. But I think I'm here to stay with XBOXONE FOR NOW. It would be awesome to turn on xboxone through Cortana on my phone

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, points about that all:

1. Online: You're probably getting screwed by EA. Titanfall hasn't been TERRIBLE about it, but they've had some outages and disconnects. Not sure how PSN+ was for you, but Microsoft's got some nice network infrastructure, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was better.

2. Battery: If you want good batteries, go with the rechargeable Eneloops on Amazon. I got 4 AAs and a charger for $18 on there, and they last me 5-7 days of HEAVY playing. Considering the Play & Charge is $25, I think that the Eneloop option is much better.

3. Graphics: What you perceive is factually not the case, not that I care. The GPU in the PS4 is a couple of notches above that of the Xbox One, and it's a factor (along with the improved memory) into why the PS4 can run games at a higher resolution and/or frame rate than the Xbox One.

4. Remote Start: I thought the same about SmartGlass, that getting the console running through the app would be cool. Oh, well.

I'm loving my One as well, glad you like what you have so far.

urik770

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Just saw this thread. So I'm definitely a MS ******. WP, PC. I have a gaming computer already, but I'm really considering getting an Xbox One to play Titanfall with my brother. Thing is, I'm really upset that MS hasn't implemented any remote playing capabilities into the console. Sometimes, I want to just lay in bed or couch and play a game. Instead of the dumb iPad crap, I'd love to use my laptop in these scenarios to play some real games from the console. Sony does it already with the Vita and Nintendo with U controller. I'd get the NVIDIA Shield and stream from my PC, but a laptop would be so much sweeter! (And, no, I don't have $1,000+ to spend on a gaming laptop with a halfway decent GPU).

What do u guys think? Should I get the PS4 and remote play with a Vita or NVIDIA Shield? Or is the Xbone compelling enough even w/o that feature? I really don't care about the media stuff...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not the best response, but Steam's in-house streaming is open to all now. You CAN fire up a game on your laptop from your desktop and play now, if you want, but remote play on the One's not an option.

Honestly, the streaming with the Vita isn't all that great, from what I've heard. OK, but noticeable input lag and such. The thing that should make or break a console for you is the games. Picking a console based on preferred exclusives is almost a guarantee to avoid buyer's remorse. Do you want Halo and Sunset Overdrive and Forza or The Order and Uncharted and Driveclub?

Remote play with games you don't really want isn't going to make them better.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't really think the remote play is really a big deal for any machine. If I cared for playing things in a mobile fashion on a small screen, I'd probably get a handheld console and while with some games it probably works out okay, but most console games really just arnt meant for a small screen. Not to mention you have to buy a many hundred dollars costing handheld (that really has little value outside it's remote play capability) to do that too. The people who happen to have a Vita probably like it, but most don't have one and most won't buy one either.

I agree with Keith though, picking the one with more suitable exclusives seems to be a good way to go. PS4 does run the multiplats perhaps a bit better (at least on paper... despite the higher resolution of PS4 version, many sites said Thief actually looked better on Xbox One, as an example), but Xbox One definitely has no problem with those games. For me what largely sealed it for me was the exclusives, the off gaming capabilities, the controller and the fact I'm fairly heavily in MS ecosystem anyways while having nothing from Sony (well, they dont have an ecosystem other than PS4 and Vita, sooo..)

urik770

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
All good points. I never played PS3 and have no clue if their games are any good. But I bet Killzone on a Vita beats the living daylights out of Clash of Clans on my iPad mini for the scenarios I described...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786