Did you order the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter?And has yours shipped?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine from the Microsoft online store, and it shipped! I'm quite excited to use my Nokia Purity HD headphones, because I don't like the headset that came in the box as much.

How about you guys?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I might pick one up at my local Microsoft Store this weekend. Been waiting for Microsoft to update the Xbox One for Dolby support for Optical so i can use my Tritton 720+ headset, but it doesn't seem to happening in the near future.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Can't you use an optical to digital adapter?

I should clarify. Audio still works on on my headset using optical but it's stereo, not surround (or in my case, virtual surround using Dolby technology).

An optical to digital adapter wouldn't work though would it? Where would I plug it in?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I should clarify. Audio still works on on my headset using optical but it's stereo, not surround (or in my case, virtual surround using Dolby technology).

An optical to digital adapter wouldn't work though would it? Where would I plug it in?

Isn't there a digital audio input right next to the optical audio input?

BTW - have you tried going into the Troubleshooting menu of the TV/OneGuide screen under the settings menu and ticked 'Surround Sound Beta' to possibly rectify your situation Dos101?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Isn't there a digital audio input right next to the optical audio input?

BTW - have you tried going into the Troubleshooting menu of the TV/OneGuide screen under the settings menu and ticked 'Surround Sound Beta' to possibly rectify your situation Dos101?

No there's two HDMI connections and between them the optical connection http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/13454421/xbox_one_10.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

Hmm, I do recall having issues back in December with the surround beta, but maybe it's worth trying it again to see of the update fixed it for me. Thanks for the reminder :)

Last edited:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the surround sound beta is still... well in beta... My issue is that for TV surround sound it only works if I completely shut down the xbox each time I turn it off. If it is in standby mode the TV app hangs (everything else works perfectly outside of the TV app though). So, we watch a lot of tv and using those back speakers is important to me, so I turned on 'power saving' mode... boo. Hopefully the new update coming out in the next week or so solves that issue...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Yay, it came! :D

5ygety8a.jpg
u8y8adag.jpg
ubu3azyv.jpg

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Does this adapter allow for the game volume to be transmitted through the headsets and therefore allow you to mute the tv while playing? I didn't think it dod, but a friend pointed out the game volume controls. So, I have to ask if it is possible. If so, I am going to get before Titanfall is out to spare the wife.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Does this adapter allow for the game volume to be transmitted through the headsets and therefore allow you to mute the tv while playing? I didn't think it dod, but a friend pointed out the game volume controls. So, I have to ask if it is possible. If so, I am going to get before Titanfall is out to spare the wife.

Yes it does, for all 3.5mm headsets, nothing else required. For the 2.5mm headsets, it is chat audio only. If you want game audio on the 2.5mm headsets though, you need to do some stuff (i'll post it here if you need info on that).

But you can always have it chat only, or game audio only, or both. It's up to you. :)

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Got my headset. I'll report back on how it is later when the kids go to bed.

Update: I got to play with it a little- I'll post my impressions in a new thread about the headphones.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo