March Update Preview

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but if you were selected for the March update preview, they're pushing it out today. I turned on my Xbox when I went home on my lunch break and the update automatically started installing.

Just an FYI for those that care!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the update help set some things up for the twitch integration, but that won't be turned on until later I presume...

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've got the update and to be honest, no major changes really. It's just friends and party chat.

Buuuuut in Settings>System there's a new "Update Controller" button which I used to update my two controllers. I haven't notice much difference in Battlefield 4 though :(

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I've got the update and to be honest, no major changes really. It's just friends and party chat.

Buuuuut in Settings>System there's a new "Update Controller" button which I used to update my two controllers. I haven't notice much difference in Battlefield 4 though :(

Lots of audio improvements too Paul

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Not a big thing and not important for everyone, but I did end up altering the amount (sorta depends on your TV and setup), but you can now change the sensitivity of the "Xbox, volume up/down"- command:

1: Go to 'Settings"
2: "TV & OneGuide"
3: "Troubleshooting"
4: "Audio"
Now there is an option to alter the sensitivity 1-10, that alters how many "steps" it changes the volume per command.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

I think the controller update is related to the stero headset that's coming out soon. I've also noticed that the Netflix app is MUCH more stable. Before the update, it would take like 10 minutes to get to HD after taking a ridiculous amount of time to even begin to show/movie, and the app would crash or give an error message every now and then. Now the content loads almost immediately, and goes straight to HD. Also, the "resume games quickly" feature in the settings is no longer labeled as beta.

One last thing, and this might just be my imagination, but everything just looks nicer. The picture while watching cable through the TV app looks much cleaner; but again, that could be my mind playing tricks on me.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Not a big thing and not important for everyone, but I did end up altering the amount (sorta depends on your TV and setup), but you can now change the sensitivity of the "Xbox, volume up/down"- command:

1: Go to 'Settings"
2: "TV & OneGuide"
3: "Troubleshooting"
4: "Audio"
Now there is an option to alter the sensitivity 1-10, that alters how many "steps" it changes the volume per command.

Wow, I didn't catch that one. Good tip! I'll have to play with that when I get home. I was really hoping that they would create a command like "Xbox, set volume to XX," but this should do just fine.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Just as a precaution - if/when you get the preview update remember that you won't be able to party chat or party up with anyone who does not have the preview update.

Seriously - the xbox forums have been littered with people complaining about that even though there has been a lot of warnings about this....

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, it was clearly stated before they registered into the thing, but obvious that some people never read anything :D

The controller update could also be the "Respawn's Titanfall controller fix" that was reporetd some time back. But makes me appreciate the micro-USB plug in the controller more now.. I'm not a fan of those typically and would've preferred a 360-like cable plug

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Can I get an invite for the preview too? momo3605 Also, do you ever go back to the official release whenever it is released so you CAN party up with people who don't have the preview

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
No, there is no rollback option. Which being involved with these previews for the 360... it didn't happen then either.

This update is supposed to go out to everyone by Tuesday of next week. So, it isn't like this would be an extended inconvenience...

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
No, there is no rollback option. Which being involved with these previews for the 360... it didn't happen then either.

This update is supposed to go out to everyone by Tuesday of next week. So, it isn't like this would be an extended inconvenience...

First of all, it's two Tuesday's from now! Also, I like to be on as many previews as I can. I'm already on the windows phone one, and I used to be on the 360 one. So i'm still down to get on the xbox one preview as well. Unfortunately, I'm not an ambassador and there was no public sign up. So if anyone still has an invite left, I'm still down! :)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
First of all, it's two Tuesday's from now! Also, I like to be on as many previews as I can. I'm already on the windows phone one, and I used to be on the 360 one. So i'm still down to get on the xbox one preview as well. Unfortunately, I'm not an ambassador and there was no public sign up. So if anyone still has an invite left, I'm still down! :)

This update is supposed to come out on march 4th. That's this coming Tuesday ;). Only twitch app is being updated on march 11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky