Official Share your Twitch Stream Channel Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I want to be able to stream on Twitch - but my internet connection can't handle it sadly :(. At least not with multiplayer games.

I really want WOW! (my ISP here in mid-Michigan) to upgrade their system here. They bought out Broadstripe who was our ISP when we moved here, but their (BS') infrastructure was so bad that they have to do a lot in order to get us in line with the rest of their system. Everyone else on WOW! can get up to 50MB down, with upload of 5... we in Mid-Michigan are stuck with only 15....with an upload of 1.5 which doesn't work that well for streaming AND playing multiplayer games...

15 should work, I would think. I haven't tried streaming on my 25-Mbps Comcast yet, but considering games are playable on 3 -Mbps AT&T DSL, I would imagine you could throw streaming on top if it's 5 times faster.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You see them if you're in the update preview - you get notifications when your favorites (or any of your friends if you deem so) come online or broadcasting.

For now, you just have to either go into the Activity page or wait for the main page to cycle through
You don't receive notifications when your twitch followers are broadcasting?

And I'm sure you can see my past broadcasts. :)

Sent from my SONY PlayStation 4 using WPCentral Forums

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never used Twitch before in my life, so I have no one I'm following. I don't even have my Twitch account set up yet. I just got my console last night and started playing from about 11 PM-4 AM.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never used Twitch before in my life, so I have no one I'm following. I don't even have my Twitch account set up yet. I just got my console last night and started playing from about 11 PM-4 AM.

How do you like your Xbox One? I love both of my consoles! :D

Sent from my SONY PlayStation 4 using WPCentral Forums

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not quite sure yet. There are things that frustrate the hell out of me, like the fact I have to manually sign in every time, if I don't have the Kinect plugged in (which I haven't even taken off its plastic yet). My game has also totally frozen, like, 5 times, meaning I have to reset the console. Considering I can't recall a single instance of that in Halo 4, having it happen so much in just 2 days with Titanfall isn't pleasant.

On the other hand, there are a few things worth mentioning that I like. The controller's great, especially how easily the joysticks move (the 360's are much tighter). The boot time is also very good. Other than that, my usage habits don't lend themselves to checking more out--I don't have a Netflix account or other stuff to play with the apps. So far, I've only tried Titanfall, but Forza is installed and in the drive, while Kinect Sports Rivals is supposed to either arrive at my dad's or be at Best Buy for pick-up later today.

One thing I'll do later, just for the heck of it, is see how my PC works through the HDMI-in port. It was something I was really curious about before getting the console, so I want to be able to see how bad the lag is, among other things.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Twitch

Not really expecting anyone to watch, I'm just throwing it out there because I want to see how it works. I'm playing Powerstar Golf on it right now, on the off chance anyone's curious to see it.

Runstarr

May 6, 2014
Visit site

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually had 29 viewers on my last twitch stream of Super Time Force. Of course - for whatever reason it disconnects me from chat and I can't see how people are railing on my playing skills ;)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's weird. My issue was with having the stream crash when my cousin walked in and it signed him in (back when I'd stream golf). I haven't bothered to stream in a few weeks, though if someone wants me to, I'll show off Powerstar Golf or Watch Dogs, just send me a message and ask.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's really annoying Keith. Happens to me too when my wife walks in... For whatever reason the app ceases to recognize the original user when someone else signs in. Hopefully that goes away once the pay wall goes down.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm streaming League of Legends right now. I got a free month of xsplit broadcaster which means i can stream in "HD". I will be messing with stuff so if it looks a little sketchy I apologize. :)

Twitch

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity - what is the highest number of viewers y'all have had on your streams? When Super Time Force was released I streamed quite a bit of it and hit a 'high mark' of around 90 people. I thought that was cool... I'm sure that even got me into the 'top XBOX streamers' segment on the app during that time.

So, what about y'all? I need to find a format that works best for streaming with me... But nobody 'engages' when they're watching my stream (more than likely because they are on the XBOX One and it isn't quite setup well to interact with streamers.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
HAHA i've maxed out at like 10. I usually stream just so my buddy has something to do in the late night hours at work.

I also stream a game that thousands of people stream, a lot of them professionally.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss