The Official "ADD FOR TITANFALL" thread

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I never look at win % myself, I think it's quite irrelevant unless you always play with a premade or something. I can't do a damn thing about if the 5 others in my team suck too bad, but I can still get a good personal K/D :p While I too regularly carry pub groups, but carrying the entire group in hardpoint is just about impossible unless the opposing team is equally bad :p In attrition carrying is a bit easier.

Yeah, but its a better representation because honestly anyone can get a good K/D. Reminds me in Halo 3 after making a new account for a Halo tracker rank, I left it alone and never touched it after a 95 K/D (95 kills, after I died once I quit). I've won Gamebattles tournament matches in top 16 going negative 12 though. To a competitive player its all about the Win, to a Pub Stomper its all about the K/D. That's a big reason why I keep my friends list in a tight knit. Then again I don't think like everyone else, I've played at live events and over 50+ ladders so idk. ;)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand how you feel. I've never cared about anything like playing competitively, but I care primarily about winning. I've always preferred playing defense in CtF, but in Halo 4, I usually played with friends and relatives who weren't very good (a couple were, the rest weren't), so it would occasionally mean I kind held a floating role where I'd try to play defense, but I'd occasionally mosey out towards to middle to clear a path for my teammates to go after the flag (while proceeding to give covering fire after). I've not had any friends to play with in a FPS in probably a year-plus though, so it's mostly been something where I look at my personal performance over the win, because I'm constantly matched up with bum randoms who don't use mics.

Example: I'm doing the CtF Achievement now on Titanfall, and I find myself not chasing the flag (I'll run down the opposing flag carrier, though), just because when I've done it, I usually am in a setting where the rest of the team won't push, so I get a kill or two, grab the flag, and die within 10 seconds because I have no help. I switched over to Forza a while ago because I got sick of it. I don't consider myself awesome at Titanfall by any measure, but the people I was getting stuck with were a terrible combination of bad and uncoordinated, and it was too frustrating to keep playing.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
See i find carrying to be the easiest in hardpoint, and in attrition i struggle with it. I usually play objective games more then TDM in almost every game tho.

I do prefer Hardpoint myself too if the teams are even close to equal, but if they have a good team and you have a terrible team, then your contribution sadly just wont cut it for victory.

Although lately I've been starting to like the idea of Attrition too. In other game modes I find myself facing the dilemma of having a room full of AI but I "can't" kill them cos it barely makes sense to except for making myself show up on the radar. So in that way Attrition allows me to play a bit more naturally without thinking too much about whether it's "worth it" to clear the AI in the way :p

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It still makes a little sense to kill AI no matter what the game mode because of the titan build time and core ability reduction.

I also like Hardpoint and CTF because they seem more team oriented. Assuming you have a good team, and mics.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's a big reason as to why I like the suppressor--creeps. I'm preferential to staying hidden while killing the creeps, and I like killing them because killing a trio gets you about 15 seconds off of your build time.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ha, I kinda like 'creeps' Every time I say minion, I think I'm killing those little cute little yellow guys from Despicable Me.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I remember when LoL was new and they tried to use the term minion. Creep really started in Warcraft III, which then obviously moved to DOTA and so on.

I never played LoL so I was so confused when EVERYONE was calling Minions in TF Creeps for like a week straight.. Weird..

ShinobiJaeger

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey All....I'm new to WP Central and tried to add everyone via xbox.com, but got blocked (message exceeds allowed blah blah blah...). I sent some of you one off invites, but it's a lot of work through the One. Please add me if you have the time. I'm no badass, but love TF and recognize some of your tags. Thanks to those that already followed me.

GT: ShinobiJaeger
North America

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So, to put the cherry on top of this turd sundae, the servers are completely unstable now, apparently. I haven't been able to get into a match not coated in lag and low-bar connections for 2-3 days now.

All that "this game's almost perfect" crap seems to have been REALLY overblown.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, I went back to playing it two days ago and realized how much I missed it. No one plays anymore but aside from the servers being fully DOWN, I don't think the servers are really crap. I played a lot of non-lag games. I'd still rather play this over any next gen game, but with Halo 2 Anniversary on the Horizon, I really can't play anything BUT Halo 2 right now. It sucks, but I have more friends playing Halo 2 than this. There was also a lot of promises, but they're taking to long (Private Matches still in beta, no customization, lack of playlist, Supp Carbine still runs the Multiplayer). Guess I was wrong, I had to much faith in such a young company. This game fell to the "Watch Dogs" and "Halo 4" effect. Never felt like they were even sure what they wanted it to be so in turn, never finished it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb