The Official "ADD FOR TITANFALL" thread

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It's still my go-to online shooter these days. That has never been my primary genre of games per se, but an important part of my "game diet" :D I still think it's one of the best games I've played, even if it was still WIP with many of the features, but it was the core game mechanics that were just spot on for me.

I did one of those laggy lobbies a few days back, but I was playing in an unusual data server for me (shouldn't be the cause though as ping to that is still OK too), but it went away when I went back to my usual data server.

EDIT: I do have to admit that now post-launch I've been annoyed by several things, though, but these are all related to sort of off-match things. For example the way the DLC seems to be handled, I would like to play in fe. Attrition lobby that had some normal maps but also DLC maps. I dont want to switch between the two lobbies just to play the 3 new maps. Then there's the matchmaking, while probably a pretty idea, I dont know if an online shooter needs matchmaking, no shooter I've ever played really had any. There are a few exceptions and perhaps I'm a bit higher on the food chain than the average player, but I never had issues with tthere being no real matchmaking. Now it takes 10 mins to gather a group and even then the matchmaking is questionable at best :D Then I would also like a lobby that could have several gamemodes, but not all. I like Attrition and Hardpoint and also Pilot Hunter is OK cos it's really just another form of TDM. That's why I often play the campaign to get a mix of Hardpoint and Attrition, but the maps are very limited there, also it's much faster to get to play in campaign.

But as said, all these problems are more or less "menu related". I still think the core gameplay is frigging awesome and the best I've probably ever played, but it's sort of plagued by how some things are handled by Respawn atm.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I still feel liked the core stuff is where people get the "Call of Duty with mechs," thing. SO MUCH of it feels CoD-like. The hit detection on the guns is iffy like CoD, the melee hit detection is AWFUL like CoD, and the melee is overpowered with the one-hit kill and sketchy hit detection like CoD (the number of times someone's leg apparently becomes 8-foot-long and kicks me without contact is ridiculous).

Those things ruin the game SO MUCH. Like, I'd rate the mech play a 9/10, but the pilot play's basically a 5/10, like CoD with wallrunning.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I still feel liked the core stuff is where people get the "Call of Duty with mechs," thing. SO MUCH of it feels CoD-like. The hit detection on the guns is iffy like CoD, the melee hit detection is AWFUL like CoD, and the melee is overpowered with the one-hit kill and sketchy hit detection like CoD (the number of times someone's leg apparently becomes 8-foot-long and kicks me without contact is ridiculous).

Those things ruin the game SO MUCH. Like, I'd rate the mech play a 9/10, but the pilot play's basically a 5/10, like CoD with wallrunning.
Its all based on lag. My friend recorded out gameplay and via his screen, none his kicks looked far off, but on my screen they didn't even touch me. That's my only gameplay gripe, the Kicks are OP and they need to make em look more realistic / inflict damage sooner. On the other side, I have a decent ping and I feel NO hit detection issues. The game plays awesome and if Halo didn't exist it would be my goto shooter. 100% above CoD imo. Also, I wish there was a Pilot only 50 kill playlist with a 1-50 ranking system. If they release that BEFORE Destiny & Halo release, maybe ill play it religiously again.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
See, I don't get how you can say it's 100% above CoD. I see it as having the same bullet-based hit detection issues as CoD. You have to basically shoot off the person a bit to hit him, and not in a logical leading the shot manner. I just feel like it's got the same thing as CoD, and given who the Titanfall developers are, it's not surprising. It's not to mean the game is BAD, just that I don't see how you like one and hate the other. They feel very similar with the gunplay.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
See, I don't get how you can say it's 100% above CoD. I see it as having the same bullet-based hit detection issues as CoD. You have to basically shoot off the person a bit to hit him, and not in a logical leading the shot manner. I just feel like it's got the same thing as CoD, and given who the Titanfall developers are, it's not surprising. It's not to mean the game is BAD, just that I don't see how you like one and hate the other. They feel very similar with the gunplay.
Well maybe I'm one of the few. I feel the same way about other games aswell, to me Halo 4 & Reach =/= Halo 3 & 2. I absolutely DESPISE Halo 4 & Reach, Love Halo 2 & 3 though. Same feelings I have about CoD =/= Titanfall. I absolutely HATE and I mean HATE Call of Duty. I snapped two disc, gave Bo2 away and deleted my day one Xbox purchase of Ghost. Games aren't equals, even if made by equal developers.

Titanfall feels like online play in the game, which it is. I lead shots and that gets me kills. Nothing special. :| Not to different to me, all I do is lead shots and shoot people. That's not even the part I like about the game. It's the movement, speed, and larger "health." I have the opportunity to win a battle if I'm shot at first, and tank it around corners. Makes it feel more like a strategy game that I enjoyed in Halo 2 & 3. Higher speed = advanced Strafing. Movement and environments mean jump tricks that only a lot of competitive kids know about, more thinking and setups.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Definitely need people to play with. We just lost CtF 3-1, my whole team was first-gen bums, and I had 29 pilot kills, 7 titan kills, and 11 deaths, along with 3 flag returns (which ignores the numerous flag carriers I killed). It's frustrating doing a decent job by yourself and losing because no one else on the team has a brain.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Definitely need people to play with. We just lost CtF 3-1, my whole team was first-gen bums, and I had 29 pilot kills, 7 titan kills, and 11 deaths, along with 3 flag returns (which ignores the numerous flag carriers I killed). It's frustrating doing a decent job by yourself and losing because no one else on the team has a brain.

Welcome to forever. ;)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nah, TF is the WORST for it. I could somewhat carry a 4-man team in Halo when they sucked, and even a 6-man team in Black Ops II could be carried. In TF, the maps are huge and spread out, so you can't cover every ***** as well.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Well we play on different levels, but that's not even what I meant. I was saying that's how it is for me 24/7.

It happened to me and my friend on Halo 4 as well (we went back to see if the damn game was fixed) We both had a total of 41/50 kills and we lost by two. Twas a disappointing lost. I normally only play the top of the top kids though on most games (especially TF) due to my Trueskill. In order to carry I have to go in with someone on my friends list to rake in the less skilled. That why I want my team to hop over, but they all gave up on Titanfall so really we just stay on Halo 2, the rest on Ghost.

Funny how Trueskill works, they'll match your team with the God Squads and give you crap to throw in a backpack. Oh well, guess it keeps my skills sharp.

lewminous

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
GT: lewminous I'm not the best shot, but I like to think I'm not the worst. Wouldn't mind playing with some of you guys. I tend to listen to music when I play, so I often don't use my mic.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm adding you to the list. The next week or so is gonna be Work & Destiny for me but I'll be sure to game with you after that! :D

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So the Season Pass for this is only $8.25 this week. I might go for it, since I'm tied into the digital copy of the game (form the bundle) permanently. However, I played for the first time in months yesterday, and saw that they added player counts to the playlists. That game is a wasteland, even worse than people call Halo 4. The biggest thing holding me back is that I just picked up TEW, am about to pick up SO, and I get CoD and Halo in the 2 weeks after that. I don't know when I'll have time for TF.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I havn't really ever had issues finding players. Sometimes at odd hours at odd gamemodes at old content (basically like first map pack at this point can be empty'ish cos people either play normal or the newer DLCs).

I still recommend this game to anyone who wants a shooter to play on Xbox One. To me it's still the best online shooter ever, period :D

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have find an issue with getting into a game, the population numbers just sucked hard. As for where I'd rank this as a shooter, I don't even know that I'd bother with that. It might make the top-10 for online play, but as a whole, probably not.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, online play is all it has. I'm not sure if there are some generational differences with gamers. It seems that a lot of people have really hard time grasping how Titanfall can be a multiplayer game only. I have never heard anyone complain about CS being the exact same. I've also never heard anyone complain of "repetition and grind" in CS (or many other similar games).

It feels like people are trying to make the game something it was never intended to be. But as an online PVP shooter it holds the number one spot for me hands down. There are games that do some sections better (like BF4s weapon variety and how well they are modelled and their audios) or something like APB with it's unrivaled customization, but overall those don't really come close to Titanfall for me.

Anyways, I hope the next Titanfall can right the wrongs the first game had. I think the Frontier Defense thing is also a great iniative towards some PVE co-op too. The public outcry for a real campaign more or less shows that people still apparently want those to exist, but I'm not sure what to think about that in light of the data they have. Seeing the resources it takes in comparison to how many actually ever finish the campaign, it just isn't worth it in a game like this where it's mostly an afterthought as opposed to an actual story driven SP game where the multiplayer might be more of an afterthought (something like.. Last of Us or Halo, even if Halo MP is quite praised)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The reasons I wouldn't compare C-S and Titanfall:

1. C-S is much older, meaning it mostly has its influence over an older generation.
2. C-S doesn't even bother trying to have a campaign.
3. C-S doesn't have the Achievement and Challenge and Regeneration grinding (though optional in Titanfall, it still gives a point of criticism).

My thing with Titanfall is that while it does an OK job with online competitive play, the very fact that they BOTHERED with a campaign drags it down, given how wretchedly they told the story. Even then, if I ignore the campaign, I wouldn't rank the game highly for online competitive shooter gameplay. While the Titans feel a lot better than I expected, I also feel like it doesn't do a great job with weapon balance (though it's probably better than the last time I played for an extended period of time). The maps were OK, nothing special. It's a game where I don't feel that anything is done terribly (from a competitive standpoint), but nothing blows me away, either. I'd still hold probably every iteration of Halo's online above it, and I might even have some iterations of CoD (4 and the BO games would be the only candidates) in higher regard.

However, I guess it's just how much you love/enjoy the unique things of Titanfall (Titans, wall running, Burn Cards) that will affect where you rank it, because from a gunplay standpoint, it's pretty much standard fare for the genre. Personally, I hate Burn Cards, the wall running is more fun for traversal than FPS strategy, and like I said, the Titans handle well, but there's also the downside that they can heavily swing the balance of a game in a hurry, and while that's obviously their game design choice, there are times it irritates me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs