View Poll Results: TitanfallYay, Nay, or Meh?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah! This game blows me away!

30 85.71%
  • I was extremely disappointed by Titanfall.

0 0%
  • Meh, it's alright.

5 14.29%
08-02-2014 07:52 AM
275 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Brain Surgeon is just broken. Sometimes it registers as a "Rodeo" kill, the other half it registers as your weapon kill. If you doom the Titan that kill is yours though.
    Oh well, my natural playstyle is quite rodeo heavy, so I suppose it comes sooner or later. Just that I never stick around after I doom it though cos there's really no reason to except if you want to get killed :P But luckily the LMG challenges are in the same gen, so a slammer LMG will make Brain Surgeon easier too.
    04-19-2014 10:29 AM
    I'm at level 37 of Gen 2, trying to get the Pilot Hunter Acheivement. I hate this game type SOOOOO much.
    04-19-2014 12:35 PM
    I'm at level 37 of Gen 2, trying to get the Pilot Hunter Acheivement. I hate this game type SOOOOO much.
    Pilot Hunter aint that bad, I mean you just play it like Attrition but by ignoring the AI! :D

I'd still have the CTF and LTS achievements to go, but I doubt I will ever bother getting them.
    04-19-2014 02:18 PM
    I'm just doing them all as I go. I never ignore the creeps because they're good for dropping your build time, but the games are SO lopsided. For all the talk of a great, balanced matchmaking experience, Titanfall is probably near the bottom in that respect. I am CONSTANTLY getting thrown into games where ym team is down by double-digits, with one being 8-38 yesterday. Lobby balance is hard to come by in Pilot Hunter, but Attrition didn't seem nearly as bad.
    04-19-2014 03:30 PM
    I believe the new matchmaking is only in place for Attrition and Hardpoint anyways. Which is also why it takes much longer to find games for them than most other gamemodes.

Obviously sometimes you end up in those games where one side dominates, I guess I've been lucky that it hasnt been too often (or I've been on the dominating side :P)
    04-19-2014 03:57 PM
    With all this talk of bad matchmaking all i have to say is.

CARRY HARDER.

throw them nubs on your back and GO.
    Flagz likes this.
    04-19-2014 04:29 PM
    Well guys, I finally reached Gen 10. A few observations I want to share from this post.

1) Weapon Balance - Believe it or not, Weapons are EXTREMELY balanced. The Carbine has a but to much range and the satchels blast radius is a bit to high. Other than that the Weapon are pretty much balanced and serve their purpose pretty well. If you're getting out gunned most of the time, then you're probably just not as good as them.

2) The Challenges - Oh God what can I say. These are time consuming. Seriously the only up side is to grind them for the next Gen. They included them in the ranking system for a reason - skill. If you can honestly grind these challenges out then you'll realize you became a better player by the end of it. Ask for any tips

3) Matchmaking Balance - This has only being used on two playlist so far but I think its wonderful. Repsawn said they plan on releasing a real skill based ranking system sometime in the future, bur for now this is the best we get. In Attrition and Hardpoint you'll get matched up with players who have a similar W/L (skill) as you. This leads to some intense nail biting games, but doesn't come without faults. If I play with someone who has a significant lower skill rank than me, then the game tends to be unfair to them. Leads to a bad system for playing with casual friends. Also, I think Pilot Hunter should have replaced Attrition in this case.

4) The Maps - Maps in this game are alot larger and more complex then they appear. I'm still finding new shortcuts and tactical spots to position myself.

I'm in my phone so I can't write to much, but all in all this is one of the most well structured and balanced FPS I ever played. Always willing to play with fellow users.

GT: the teams Flag
    04-19-2014 07:05 PM
    With all this talk of bad matchmaking all i have to say is.

CARRY HARDER.

throw them nubs on your back and GO.
    Sadly, this game is not made for that to be consistently possible. I could do that all day in CoD, and I could do it most times on Halo, but Titanfall makes it too hard. It's very fast-paced, and the maps are really big, so you can't keep up with all of the idiots. On top of that, when you get thrown into a partially-over game, it's often a case where the other team has 2-3 more titans, and you have some teammate who is 0-11 or something stupid.
    04-19-2014 07:28 PM
    Sadly, this game is not made for that to be consistently possible. I could do that all day in CoD, and I could do it most times on Halo, but Titanfall makes it too hard. It's very fast-paced, and the maps are really big, so you can't keep up with all of the idiots. On top of that, when you get thrown into a partially-over game, it's often a case where the other team has 2-3 more titans, and you have some teammate who is 0-11 or something stupid.
    I overlooked your name I the "Add for Titanfall" thread didn't I? Not sure if I played with you, and I don't know our skill gap, but I know it IS possible to consistently carry. I rarely lose games (unless going for challenges). Attrition I can pull 90-150 points, CTF I can cap consistently (3-4 caps). LTS I have a problem with, but I know it's possible (I have friends who get an average of 11 titan kills). Pilot Hunter is simple and Hardpoint is the hardest.

I never played Call of Duty, but in Halo the skill gap is similar - easy to carry people.

Titanfall is such an easy game if you're into playing competitively.
    04-19-2014 09:46 PM
    I have no idea if you skipped me. I've not been in a single party for any game since I got my console though (was going to play Forza with a friend, but I had to do the tutorial stuff). I've been trying to eat throguh the excessive number of Burn Cards I have right now, while working on the Pilot Hunter Achievement, and it's been sketchy. I get mostly stuck with total garbage, to the point I lost a match in where I went positive (don't remember the actual K/D) and killed 10 titans. I was pissed.
    04-19-2014 10:47 PM
    Flagz has carried my sorry **** many times. It can be done.
    Flagz likes this.
    04-20-2014 10:29 AM
    TK's somewhat correct, more like he carries me... I don't record alot so here's one of the high average games I found. Most of time I end around 100ish.
    04-20-2014 04:24 PM
    I never play Attrition (trying to get the Pilot Hunter Achievement), so I can't say I remember my typical Attrition score, nor do I record things. Right now, I'm still getting used to the movement in the game a bit, I'm also trying Active Radar Pulse at the moment as well.
    04-20-2014 05:10 PM
    I never play Attrition (trying to get the Pilot Hunter Achievement), so I can't say I remember my typical Attrition score, nor do I record things. Right now, I'm still getting used to the movement in the game a bit, I'm also trying Active Radar Pulse at the moment as well.
    Well, active radar pulse is pretty much the anti-infantry option and great for that, but I have really hard time giving up cloak, as it's one of the few things you have against titans when you are on foot.

I have a friend that uses stim just about always, although on PC. So I guess they are all viable.
    04-20-2014 05:20 PM
    TK's somewhat correct, more like he carries me... I don't record alot so here's one of the high average games I found. Most of time I end around 100ish.http://i62.tinypic.com/11rahkz.png
    Ha . 23 for me that game. Flagz mooched all my kills.
    04-20-2014 06:10 PM
    Well, active radar pulse is pretty much the anti-infantry option and great for that, but I have really hard time giving up cloak, as it's one of the few things you have against titans when you are on foot.

I have a friend that uses stim just about always, although on PC. So I guess they are all viable.
    I'm trying ARP because folks were sneaking up on me too much. I used Stim because I liked it to get to titans more than Cloak. I could out-maneuver the titans and run up behind them decently-well, but it's not worth it to get shot in the back by a pilot all the time.
    04-20-2014 10:16 PM
    I have a first world problem with this game, it seems I'm too good in a titan. When I get my Stryder ready, it typically lasts very long for me. When it finally dies, I pretty much get 2 kills and it's ready again and then I'm in it for the rest of the match. I really like being a pilot too though, but it's hard to not use the titan when it's ready.. then again I dont like having the Stryder run around by itself cos it dies if someone just looks at it without anyone taking use of it's mobility.
    04-21-2014 03:07 AM
    I'm trying ARP because folks were sneaking up on me too much. I used Stim because I liked it to get to titans more than Cloak. I could out-maneuver the titans and run up behind them decently-well, but it's not worth it to get shot in the back by a pilot all the time.
    ARP seems to confuse me and possibly give me seizures. Maybe I need to try it more.
    04-21-2014 10:15 AM
    But it resets your challenges and attachments...
    Yep, but it's the XBOX Achievement I'm going for. I need to unlock all the weapons and mods for both pilots and titans before I reset so I can get the 50g All The Hardware achievement. Sure I'll be on Gen3 for a while, but I don't really care. Since Gen3 contains the Rail Gun piece, I figured now is the best time to get them all.
    04-21-2014 10:19 AM
    When I say I can't carry in this game, it's because of stuff like this:

Me: 11-5
    Teammate 1: 2-6
    Teammate 3: 0-7
    Teammate 4: 0-10
    Teammate 5: 0-10
    04-21-2014 11:34 AM
    When I say I can't carry in this game, it's because of stuff like this:

Me: 11-5
    Teammate 1: 2-6
    Teammate 3: 0-7
    Teammate 4: 0-10
    Teammate 5: 0-10
    Pilot kills? Titan kills? Minion kills?

I carry my team every other game, but usually because of base captures and titan dooming.
    04-21-2014 11:37 AM
    That was Pilot Hunter, so that's the K/D for myself and my teammates. 3 guys, 0-27 combined.
    berty6294 likes this.
    04-21-2014 12:19 PM
    That was Pilot Hunter, so that's the K/D for myself and my teammates. 3 guys, 0-27 combined.
    You're right, Pilot Hunter and Hardpoint are hardest to Solo so I'll give you that. Add me and everyone else from the add list, most of the time we have some type of party going and if you don't win with some of them at least you have fun!
    04-22-2014 02:07 PM
    Yeah, it was kind of sad that after 2 weeks of playing, I got into my first lobby of people with mics last night. We won most games, until we got put with a guy who was consistently going -15 on his K-D. One of the guys was insane, going things like 20-2 every time. I've got a couple of people added already, but I'll find the rest.
    04-22-2014 02:43 PM
    Yeah, playing with peeps you can chat with is awesome. Though we have been known to lose concentration on the match when we talk about Windows Phone too much.
    04-22-2014 04:30 PM
275 ... 56789 ...