The Official Titanfall Thread

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The embargo on Titanfall has been lifted - its getting some pretty stellar reviews so far :).

Polygon - 9/10
Joystiq - 4.5/5 stars
Eurogamer - score to be updated once game is 'live' on public servers, but they do share some thoughts on playing the game so far...
Kotaku - Same as Eurogamer.net. They're 'final' review will be posted in the next few days to see how servers shake out...

Metacritic's site of all reviews they've seen so far...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
POLL: Titanfall?Yay or Nay?

I'm pretty excited to play Titanfall soon! I loved the beta, and have been waiting for today!

Besides some of the current issues, like server issues, what are your thoughts on Titanfall? Are you blown away? Is it meh? Or are you completely disappointed? Let us know!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: POLL: Titanfall?Yay or Nay?

Nay. First off, it's by EA. That turns me off from the get-go.

The problem I have is that this game looks just fine. I didn't play the beta, but I watched a good chunk of footage. I don't doubt I'd have fun with it. The problem with that is that the game is supposed to be a "console-seller." Titanfall doesn't have me thinking "I wish I had a One for Titanfall," like I felt with Halo and the original Xbox. Heck, Titanfall isn't enough to convince me to sign up for, and use, EA's Origin software. It looks good, it just doesn't make me super-excited. Hearing that the PC install is 50 GB makes you think it should be visually amazing and/or have many big maps. Instead, the story I'm hearing is that 34 GB of the game is AUDIO.

All of that said, it look fine. On the shooter side, I care a lot more for The Division. Heck, as someone who hasn't bought an EA game in 5+ years, I think that NFS: Rivals had me considering breaking that embargo more, just because good arcade racers are hard to find. If I want a ho-hum FPS, I can still throw Black Ops 2 or Halo 4 into my 360. I'm holding out hope that AMD will get Titanfall into a Radeon R9 bundle like they did with Battlefield 4 because I'm going to need a new video card this year.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Parkour + Mechs + Monsters/Aliens!
Why should there even be a Nay or Meh?

@Keith Wallace, EA being the publisher IS a letdown but its still controlled by Respawn. And they already proved their dedication by releasing a patch to stabilize the servers ahead of US release. Talk about lightning fast response.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I was turned off a little by EA, but I don't judge by a developer and a publisher. I might just have a good enough income for gamefly, but I usually try EVERY game. I was disappointed by Halo 4, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy Halo 2 AE if it was made by 343. Games should be judge by the actual product. This was made by the people who arguably made the best Call od Duty in the franchise, but I absolutely HATE Call of Duty, and its published biut the people who publish BF, and I HATE Battlefield. I LOVE Halo, but I hate Halo 4 and Halo Reach. Its a alot different unless your blinded by a branding. Halo 2 had me play 32000 games POST PATCH, and Halo 3 had me play 124000 games. Halo Reach had me play 1200 games and Halo 4 had me play 5000 games. (all rounded of total games.)

On the titanfall end of things, it's not a perfect game, but I love it because it (in my opinion) is the best thing to happen to gaming since Halo 3. I never pulled so much time on a game let alone a beta since I was at my peak in Halo 3. I'm hoping to cap for the first time by the end of next week.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I was turned off a little by EA, but I don't judge by a developer and a publisher. I might just have a good enough income for gamefly, but I usually try EVERY game. I was disappointed by Halo 4, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy Halo 2 AE if it was made by 343. Games should be judge by the actual product. This was made by the people who arguably made the best Call od Duty in the franchise, but I absolutely HATE Call of Duty, and its published biut the people who publish BF, and I HATE Battlefield. I LOVE Halo, but I hate Halo 4 and Halo Reach. Its a alot different unless your blinded by a branding. Halo 2 had me play 32000 games POST PATCH, and Halo 3 had me play 124000 games. Halo Reach had me play 1200 games and Halo 4 had me play 5000 games. (all rounded of total games.)

On the titanfall end of things, it's not a perfect game, but I love it because it (in my opinion) is the best thing to happen to gaming since Halo 3. I never pulled so much time on a game let alone a beta since I was at my peak in Halo 3. I'm hoping to cap for the first time by the end of next week.

I'd also say that Titanfallwas made by the makers of one of the WORST of the CoD games, because MW2 was a total joke. MW was good, but BO showed that MW2 was an illogical turd that needed flushed, in my opinion.

I think we just have different preferences though, because Halo 3 is possibly my least-favorite of the Halo games, from a multiplayer standpoint. I would have to go back and play it some more, but I'd definitely put it behind 2 and 4.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm pretty excited to play Titanfall soon! I loved the beta, and have been waiting for today!

Besides some of the current issues, like server issues, what are your thoughts on Titanfall? Are you blown away? Is it meh? Or are you completely disappointed? Let us know!

My thread and poll got merged with this thread? :confused:

Sent from my Xbox One using WPCentral Forums

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Nay. First off, it's by EA. That turns me off from the get-go.

The problem I have is that this game looks just fine. I didn't play the beta, but I watched a good chunk of footage. I don't doubt I'd have fun with it. The problem with that is that the game is supposed to be a "console-seller." Titanfall doesn't have me thinking "I wish I had a One for Titanfall," like I felt with Halo and the original Xbox. Heck, Titanfall isn't enough to convince me to sign up for, and use, EA's Origin software. It looks good, it just doesn't make me super-excited. Hearing that the PC install is 50 GB makes you think it should be visually amazing and/or have many big maps. Instead, the story I'm hearing is that 34 GB of the game is AUDIO.

All of that said, it look fine. On the shooter side, I care a lot more for The Division. Heck, as someone who hasn't bought an EA game in 5+ years, I think that NFS: Rivals had me considering breaking that embargo more, just because good arcade racers are hard to find. If I want a ho-hum FPS, I can still throw Black Ops 2 or Halo 4 into my 360. I'm holding out hope that AMD will get Titanfall into a Radeon R9 bundle like they did with Battlefield 4 because I'm going to need a new video card this year.

EA is nothing more than a big distributer in Titanfall. I wouldn't let EA or Origin get in the way of purchasing & playing this incredible game. EA has the perception of being an evil company because they had so many annoying failures and downfalls while they were at the helm. But... to be honest, if it wasn't EA, it would have been another distributer/publisher (Activision, THQ, etc.).

Games like Spore, Battlefield 4 (What a mess that game is!) and Sim City didn't get bad reps because EA distributed/published them, they got bad reps because Spore was a terrible game, BF4 continues to crash on every platform it touches, and Sim City was poorly planned. EA gives these devs opportunities and money, if they can't deliver on time its not EA's fault, its the developers fault.

Long story short, get Titanfall, it is badass.
Respawn knows WTF they're doing. We should all thank EA for giving Respawn the resources to make the gem that Titanfall is.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you know WHY Battlefield is in the state that it is? It's because EA was so concerned with beating Call of Duty to market that they forced DICE to release it before it was dune. The publisher got directly in the way, starting with when they bought DICE and turned it into EA DICE. EA is the reason Titanfall isn't on Sony consoles, not Respawn. They did an exclusivity deal without getting Respawn on-board. Don't act like is "just a distributor," because what they really are is the major financial backing of these titles. They have say in what goes on. I'm sure the developers weren't behind the Online Pass.

Sad fact is, Origin is a major thing in my way (the other begin I don't have a good setup for playing FPS games on my desktop, so I don't bother with them). I'm not creating an Origin account and installing their software for one game. I made that stupid mistake with Blacklight: Retribution creating whatever the dumb account it was that game required. Unless I get a video card that comes with Titanfall for free, then I won't be getting the game, most likely. By the time I'd consider a One, it would be Christmas, and I'd be staring at The Division.

Titanfall just doesn't look like something attention-grabbing to me. The Titans and vertical movement are cool, but the general gunplay and map setup and all of that don't look great.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I'd also say that Titanfallwas made by the makers of one of the WORST of the CoD games, because MW2 was a total joke. MW was good, but BO showed that MW2 was an illogical turd that needed flushed, in my opinion.

I think we just have different preferences though, because Halo 3 is possibly my least-favorite of the Halo games, from a multiplayer standpoint. I would have to go back and play it some more, but I'd definitely put it behind 2 and 4.

yep different opinions. I prefer Halo 2 then Halo CE, then Halo 3, then Halo 4, then Halo Wars, then Halo Reach. That's without other FPS in between (Shadowrun, GCI, etc.)

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you know WHY Battlefield is in the state that it is? It's because EA was so concerned with beating Call of Duty to market that they forced DICE to release it before it was dune. The publisher got directly in the way, starting with when they bought DICE and turned it into EA DICE. EA is the reason Titanfall isn't on Sony consoles, not Respawn. They did an exclusivity deal without getting Respawn on-board. Don't act like is "just a distributor," because what they really are is the major financial backing of these titles. They have say in what goes on. I'm sure the developers weren't behind the Online Pass.

Sad fact is, Origin is a major thing in my way (the other begin I don't have a good setup for playing FPS games on my desktop, so I don't bother with them). I'm not creating an Origin account and installing their software for one game. I made that stupid mistake with Blacklight: Retribution creating whatever the dumb account it was that game required. Unless I get a video card that comes with Titanfall for free, then I won't be getting the game, most likely. By the time I'd consider a One, it would be Christmas, and I'd be staring at The Division.

Titanfall just doesn't look like something attention-grabbing to me. The Titans and vertical movement are cool, but the general gunplay and map setup and all of that don't look great.

DICE should develop the game on time then shouldn't they? EA is giving them money and a deadline. Either meet it, or don't. Not much else to say about it. A company funds your game, deliver the product they're paying you for. It isn't their fault DICE can't deliver. BF3 was a mess for a while at launch and BF4 is still a mess MONTHS after launch.

As for Titanfall, if you haven't played it, you won't get it. It really makes sense when you play it and call down that first Titan. The game is BADASS man, and I'm sad you won't get to enjoy it right now. Everyone who was on the fence about getting a XB1, this game is all the reason to get one. Yeah, a PC can play it, that's great, but I'll be beast modin' on the One.

@johnnyfiive love your profile pic.

Thanks, A Perfect Circle is awesome.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The game is pretty awesome. This is probably the most fun I've had online since Halo 2.

The balance is really top notch. I'm really impressed at how polished this game is.

Sure, some people will judge it just by looking at gameplay. However, that doesn't give you any idea about how this game really feels when playing.

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just hit lvl5 and haven't had a negative game yet, absolutely loving it more on the One then I did on PC.

I think the only time I'll be playing Ghosts again is come new DLC time to get my monies worth

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just beat every campaign level as both IMC and Militia. I can honestly say the game runs flawlessly and is the most fun I had in a long time. Record is 18-0, and now I have all 3 Titans and I'm up 255 gamerscore.

Already purchased Turtlebeach ATLAS to replace 360's Trittons and purchased the Season Pass! All in or nothing!

Looking forward to playing with some WPCentral members! Add me: the teams Flag

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb