The Official Titanfall Thread

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The game is pretty awesome. This is probably the most fun I've had online since Halo 2.

The balance is really top notch. I'm really impressed at how polished this game is.

Sure, some people will judge it just by looking at gameplay. However, that doesn't give you any idea about how this game really feels when playing.

I havn't played Halo 2, but my thoughts were quite similar around beta already. I was genuinely surprised how polished the game was, I don't think I've played any new game in the last 10 years that was in that good shape before launch already. And at the same time it was also the most fan I've had in a MP FPS game in probably those same 10 years :D

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I made it to level 11 last night, finished the Militia campaign, plan to finish the rest of the campaign by the weekend.
This game man... every round is epic. Everytime I get my Titan I feel like a damn super hero, especially if I get my damage core and continue to beast mode.
I LOVE, this game.

@Keith Wallace: GO GET AN XBOX ONE AND PLAY THIS GAME Z0MG. I have a i5 4670k based gaming rig with two GTX 480's. I'd rather play it on my Xbox One, it is a better experience, hands down. The game runs flawlessly on the One and looks great to boot. 792p? I don't give a crap, the gameplay and visuals coming out of that $500 box is unmatched, even by my $1,500 computer.

Verdict? Go get a XB1 and Titanfall right now. Stop ignoring the hype. The hype is REAL.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully I'll be getting my copy of Titanfall sometime today. I 'preordered' from bestbuy.com.... They seem to not know what a pre-order is at all. I expect to have it the day it comes out because I pre-ordered - not 1-3 days afterwards. Oh well. It's Lent and I'm really busy so it's kind of a blessing in disguise...

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks be to God ncx! :)
I gave up soda for lent, so I'm drinking tea. (I miss the carbonation!)

I preordered through Microsoft directly, got the game yesterday and they also give you a $10 code for the MS Store. Was only $61 shipped and the free $10 store coupon, pretty good deal.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: NEW REPORT: Titanfall could get a 1080p Update

As said, it's great. For me the visuals arnt a problem. I didnt find myself disappointed in them as they are now. Anything more is a plus as long as it's not away from performance.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: NEW REPORT: Titanfall could get a 1080p Update

I'm fine with how it is now. Like you said, would be nice to have that res increase, but I don't want it effecting the performance and gameplay. If they can squeeze higher res and keep the performance, great!

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the slight derail, but I think this is a good group to ask this question to. I have an Xbox 360 and have only played a bit of FPS on campaign mode. I wasn't planning to get an Xbox One just yet. This game looks extremely compelling, however, based on these and other reviews I've read. Will I likely be frustrated with the online format if I'm not an accomplished gamer? Thanks for your thoughts!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the slight derail, but I think this is a good group to ask this question to. I have an Xbox 360 and have only played a bit of FPS on campaign mode. I wasn't planning to get an Xbox One just yet. This game looks extremely compelling, however, based on these and other reviews I've read. Will I likely be frustrated with the online format if I'm not an accomplished gamer? Thanks for your thoughts!
This is the most newbie friendly FPS out there.

The bots in the game allow you to contribute points even if you ccan't kill players.

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they will do 1080p full hd in mp only game. the most important factor is high and steady framerate, so 900p possibly, but 1080p is doubtful.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh man Flagz, the first game I played with you I did horrible! haha!

I'm only able to play for short stints at a time between work and other responsibilities.

We totally should find a time when a bunch of us could all get online at the same time.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm just constantly on whenever I get a chance anymore haha. All I have is work to worry about so I'm on quite frequently! I work 3-11pm eastern so from now on its late nights till about early afternoon! I'm always trying to run games, but no one is joining ): dint be shy people! I'm really laid back (sometimes I rage)

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm just constantly on whenever I get a chance anymore haha. All I have is work to worry about so I'm on quite frequently! I work 3-11pm eastern so from now on its late nights till about early afternoon! I'm always trying to run games, but no one is joining ): dint be shy people! I'm really laid back (sometimes I rage)

Except when we ran the train on people last night

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Titanfall is the best shooter/combat game ever created and Forza 5 is the best racing game ever created. Xbox One is a MUST have!

The new CODs are boring, Battlefield is a big glitch, and the new NFS is basically MarioKart compared to Forza.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm definately not a 1st person shooter gamer, but I want to like the game because it has so many possibilities... but I fear I will get my @$$ handed to me as soon as I go online :eek:rly:

Anyhow, wanting to try it out, just need some free time.

So, anyhow, I didn't vote on the poll as I'm not sure yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven