The Official Titanfall Thread

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
1d 20h played, just regenerated to Gen 5. Still loving the game all the way, although I'm not sure why I'm pushing myself to go higher gen when most of the gen I use stuff I don't like to use :p It has it's benefits to learn to use the weapons cos then you know their weakness when they're against you.

Got level 50 with my new personal best record for exp per round, 51k :p But that's not much of a ego boost, exp is quite irrelevant as it comes like.. 80% from challenges, you can get 30k exp from a **** round if you were one kill away from completing 3 different challenges at tier 5 :D

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
?
I use the Stryder exclusively, but it can be hard with so many having autoeject and then you end up just taking the explosion dmg with no gain
Yep, ultimately got it with not to many issues, just alot of auto eject. Glad I'm playing again (took a week and half break at Gen7) its soo much fun but sometimes to addicting. :X

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
8th Generation still. These 100 wins is near impossible for me now. Not sure why but late last night and early this morning I kept doing decent - amazing but still for some reason I keep losing. This is going to be a long grind.

Just completed the "Look Out Below" challenge though (50 kills with a titanfall). That was hard, but it is doable with warpfall transmitter.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Here is one of the matches that we DID win. :)

match1.PNG

8th Generation still. These 100 wins is near impossible for me now. Not sure why but late last night and early this morning I kept doing decent - amazing but still for some reason I keep losing. This is going to be a long grind.

Just completed the "Look Out Below" challenge though (50 kills with a titanfall). That was hard, but it is doable with warpfall transmitter.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll be home the rest of the night, most likely. I'll be playing off and on while cleaning/rearranging my room for Rivals, so if anyone needs a teammate, message/invite me.

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Might be a dumb question, but what causes someone to show up on the radar? Only when they're shooting? Will sprinting/jumping do it?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Shooting, yes. There is a perk that bring all minions (I assume it means Spectres and Grunts) up on the mini-map at all times. There's a radar burn card that pulses every 10 seconds, though I don't recall is if's map-wide or in a small area or what.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
There's also a 'rare' burn card called "Map Hack' that has the full map on all the time - you can see everyone while they run around on the map.

Also - Respawn is releasing an update today for Titanfall that brings private matches (when you play in it you don't gain any XP or earn towards challenges) and they are lowering the 'Gooser' challenge from 50 ejection kills to 5.

I'm loving the support Respawn is giving. I suppose it helps when its your only game :). Still anticipating what the DLC will be ;)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
We need somebody to schedule some time for the All WPCentral Titanfall battles. I want to see how many times Flagz can kill me in one match!

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Last edited:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I have that feeling towards the shotgun in ANY online shooting game - The shotgun in Gears of War was especially infuriating...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Gears was crazy with it because the maps had so much cover, but the range from a distance wasn't TOO bad (especially since a melee could stun the guy). This shotty just has crazy range, like the MW2 ones (makes sense, considering that was the last FPS Respawn's crew did). The other thing getting me mad is the "Stepped On" physics, which don't require any contact. They function a lot like the CoD knife, haha.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I mean, I'm on and playing now, if anyone wants to join/invite me.

The shotgun in this game is starting to anger me though, its range is insane.

Wow, I must really suck with it then, because I struggled hard to get to 75 pilot kills during the Gen2 requirements. I would get caught all the time too far away from peeps and get gunned down. But part of it was my problem for running out in the open with that gun I guess. The CAR is my favorite gun I think.

Looks like they nerfed the 40mm cannon. Dropped the clip down from 20 to 12 for the normal magazine and extended from 25 to 16. I can probably agree with it. According to their notes, it is the only gun that is supposed to take down a Titan without reloading (if used skillfully) but it had too many rounds.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Carbine is easily my favourite. I sometimes use the LMG for the fun of it, but Carbine is IMO the best gun in the game. At least for me :p

My typical Titan loadout is Stryder with a Chaingun and Accelerator using Cluster missile, Vortex Shield, Big Punch and Regen Booster. When I play attrition I often switch to a Stryder with Arc Cannon with Particle Wall and otherwise similar setup.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos