share xbox video purchases on same xbox one?

sdanaher

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
So my wife and I have different Microsoft accounts. One Xbox one in our living room.

What's the best way to....

1) have access to my purchases when she is signed in

but still

2) her Skype account logged in when she is logged in and mine logged in when I am

is this possible? Essentially I'd want to find all my Xbox video purchases under my collection (and Xbox music playlists really...) regardless of who is signed in on my Xbox.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a one yet, but if it's like the 360, whomever signs in essentially gets all their profile stuff loaded. So my wife has hers loaded when she signs in, and mine when I do. Having her Skype while your content most likely wouldn't be possible.

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
You probably can download the movie to the HD and then if she logs into her account, then she can have access to the movie that's on the HD. I never tried it myself since Im the only one in the house that plays.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You probably can download the movie to the HD and then if she logs into her account, then she can have access to the movie that's on the HD. I never tried it myself since Im the only one in the house that plays.

Xbox Video on the Xbox One doesn't allow download to the HD as far as I know. Even then, I would bet the DRM is tied to the Xbox Live account.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I have two Microsoft accounts as well. She rarely does anything that is 'for her' so I make all the purchases. Essentially - as long as my account is signed in she has access to all the purchased content on the system and the Xbox live gold 'gated' stuff.

When she's signed in (and I'm not) her Skype account is signed in. I haven't tried what happens when we are both signed in. But, I normally don't like that since for whatever reason it will 'default' to hers on some gated stuff - or since both accounts aren't paid xbox live stuff I can't access things while she's signed in (Like VUDU and Twitch.tv for example).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers