GTA V coming to Xbox One, PC, and PS4!

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it is true. But it definitely makes sense for them to release PC, Xbox One, PS4 at once. Since all three are the same chip architecture it would be easy bringing them across between the three in my opinion. I thought about this when they released the game and figured they would wait 6 months or a year to the release current gen in order to maximize last Gen game sales. Also I will definitely be buying this once it is released for the Xbox one.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not a little excited. I have it for 360 and the only reason I would consider for the One is if it had better gfx. Even then I think it is a waste of time and they should be working on GTA 6 for the next gen consoles!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Not a little excited. I have it for 360 and the only reason I would consider for the One is if it had better gfx. Even then I think it is a waste of time and they should be working on GTA 6 for the next gen consoles!

Well some, like me, sold their last Gen consoles to get the new ones.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It'll most probably be ported 360 code, maybe with tweaks to the textures and physics engine.

This game is about the only thing I regretted leaving behind when I moved onto the One. Will be good to see it again and play through (this time ignoring all the boring and tedious parts).

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not interested. I still think GTA is garbage. Still, this is good news to those on PC and the new consoles. What sucks is that as of now, they've announced the new Borderlands game as only being on the 360, PS3, and PC. That's just dumb, considering it's scheduled to come out late-2104, or about a year after the consoles launched.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Dude, you have no in between do you? If its not something you like then it is garbage.

Now regardless if you enjoy playing GTA or not, it is quite obvious that the ridiculous amount of work behind the creation of a game like GTA is nothing short of incredible!

Now I think I am in the same shoes as everybody else in the world when I say that GTA is one of the greatest games of all time!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
No, you just don't care to see any of my in-between stuff. I didn't say that GTA is poorly-made, I just think the gameplay itself is uninteresting and bland. It's got a bunch of stuff to do, but I don't think that it does any of those individual things well. I watched my cousin play it for an hour or two on several occasions, and it never gave me a different impression. It's a big open world, that's cool, but that's about where my interest ends. I didn't care about the story. The driving was pretty meh, when comparing it to Forza, or another legitimate driving game. The shooting was sketchy, when compared to a shooter. It gives you a lot to do, but when I want to play a game, I usually want to play a specific genre, so I want that genre (like shooting) to be done really well. GTA just doesn't fit that for me, it's mostly mindless mayhem that I don't care for, similar to Saints Row.

But if you want to make sweeping accusations, I'll feed the troll. There's a LOOOOT that fits into my "just OK," it's just that the rest of the world thinks anything remotely good is the best thing ever. In all honesty, it's more-likely that everyone ELSE plays the great/terrible extreme than I do. The best example I always give is game ratings, where anything under an 8/10 is deemed to be crap, basically. I prefer to use the entire scale of 1-10 in rating things, so if I say something is a 5, it's pretty much an average game, where person preference is likely the deciding factor. GTA, I'd give it a 5 or so, based on how it fits the interests of so many, but my preference for specialized games makes it something I don't like. I'd give its development a high grade, but the gameplay and story very low ones, because they don't interest me.

Really, I speak in hyperbole about GTA because while I get it's a well-made game with a broad appeal, I don't get why people consider it a game worth calling a GotY title, let alone one of the best game series ever. I can go on and on about titles folks don't care for but I do (I think that MLB 2K was great because while its graphics were crap, the gameplay itself was amazing, particularly the controls), but that's beside my point. GTA's not REALLY garbage, you just tend to get better conversation from that exaggeration than just saying "it's OK." No one wants to engage for a mild disagreement, people want to engage you in argumentation because you said something outlandish.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So you are saying now it is not garbage and that you respect the work and see it as a well developed game, you simply just don't care for it? ya know, like I said?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I rented GTA V for a bit on the 360. It was alright. I'm not really into the GTA games (though I did beat GTAIV). I'd much rather play a new Fallout game.

Though, the games I want to come to XBOX One/PS4 are the TellTale games - with your saves being saved 'in the cloud' so my choices come over to the updated systems... my brother has an 'in' with someone at TT and they told him that there are no plans at the moment to bring the games to XBOX One/PS4. Which is silly - since the PC version (I assume......) should be easily ported over to both next-gen consoles...

I may still check out GTAV on the XBOX One when/if it releases...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So you are saying now it is not garbage and that you respect the work and see it as a well developed game, you simply just don't care for it? ya know, like I said?

I'm saying I recognize the work it took, but the gameplay and story are garbage. As someone who cares greatly about the gameplay, this puts the game in "garbage" territory, even if the entirety of it is not.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have it for the 360, but I'm excited for the PC version for one reason: Mods.

The carmageddon mod was one of the funniest ever

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get it, and regret getting it. I have 100% completion on the X360, so there's no way I'm NOT going to go for 100% on the Xbox One, and that my friend, will be time consuming. Honestly, I just hope it doesn't happen >_>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05