Uk One Guide Sky tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just had an issue with kinect not hearing me, so did a full power cycle. I started looking around in the settings and found I could enter my postcode and select sky as my provider.
I am now able to control the sky box with my voice! The radio channels are not in order and i've not yet found how to show only the channels i am interested in, but it's a great start!

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I just had an issue with kinect not hearing me, so did a full power cycle. I started looking around in the settings and found I could enter my postcode and select sky as my provider.
I am now able to control the sky box with my voice! The radio channels are not in order and i've not yet found how to show only the channels i am interested in, but it's a great start!

Did you ever request to be part of the beta?

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am part of the beta. It's probably a feature of that, but I'm surprised I've not heard anything about it before seeing it in action!

HarkAtYou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am part of the beta. It's probably a feature of that, but I'm surprised I've not heard anything about it before seeing it in action!

Its the only part of the beta I'm aware of :)

I can't wait to get it working with sky... i hate using my remote soo much, especially since I moved my living room around to make room for a piano and now the line of sight from the sofa means a lot of leaning to change channel.

I used to like using the sky guide on my iphone, ive missed that since upgrading to WP, it was so much faster than using the remote.

Glad its finally here for wp!!!

Kelly Wilson7

May 14, 2014
Visit site
You should speak to an advisor who will be able to check this for you. You can try out calling*sky number*-**0844 00 3115.They are available to be called seven days a week so it doesn't matter what sort of work schedule you conduct, you should be able to contact sky and discuss whatever you desire.Hope that helps. :)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

You set up the channels you're only interested in by designating them as 'favorites' and then using that part of the guide to scroll through channels. (I'm hoping you figured that out at some point and haven't been struggling with that for over a month now ;))

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Try it again - with each update it improves. In fact for me it got a lot more accurate after the latest update (which I received last night/this morning).

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be great news. I was assuming that Sky TV would never be part of my Xbox One guide.

Care to share any details of how this works and what it looks like?

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd assume it works just like it does in the US.

The OneGuide provides a guide based on the UI of the XBOX One - it allows you to designate favorites which for those who have cable boxes in the US means they don't have to wade through a crap ton of channels they don't watch, channels they don't have, and duplicate (and sometimes TRIPLICATE) channels they already have. Using the TWC guide of my in-laws is a terrible experience next to DirecTV.

The guide is also fast and when you select a channel it sends an IR Blast through the Kinect that your receiver responds to and goes to the channel you designate. This process takes no longer than it does to key in a channel through your remote.

As a DirecTV subscriber, it is actually a smoother and faster process than using the DirecTV guide itself. As much as I enjoy the DirecTV UI - it is rather slow at times. OneGuide is a lot faster.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that's pretty much what I figured from the keynote video from last year. I'd just be very surprised if Sky here in the UK went ahead with the full-fat integrated guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel