Trials Fusion

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The finn in me feels the need to promote this game a bit. The game should be out in NA already and coming tomorrow for EU. I've had plenty of fun sessions on 360 playing Trials with friends locally, but havn't really owned a Trials game before, but I've only really heard good stuff. Sucks that I still only have one controller though and I'm the first and only of my friends ot have the One so far (as it's not released here officially yet) so getting 4 controllers isn't gonna be easy or cheap :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL0EB6Fd-xk

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Given that the first game is $10 and the second is $15, I don't see how they can justify a price tag of $40 on what is still, at its core, an XBLA game. Any idea why it's nearly tripled in price from its predecessor? Oh, and then there's a Season Pass? UGH.

It was somethign I was actually looking into at first, but that price tag scared me away. If they cut it in half, they might have gotten me on-board.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
No idea, but I do agree. In my current financial situation it does feel steep for a game like this, although I know this game will likely return much more than many full priced AAA-titles will over their lifespan, at least if Evolutions is anything to go by.

On the other hand, they are bringing this multiplat now, which might sorta effect development costs, but would think it also brings in more money so I dont see how it would warrant a steep increase.

I will likely pick this up sooner or later. Probably not right away cos as said, I don't even have the spare controllers. Maybe a sweet deal comes along, but I do want it digitally.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
100% agreed. If it goes on-sale, maybe some day I'll get it. I don't have money to buy extra controllers unless I sell my 360 (which I intend to do to get the Titanfall one). It's similar to RBI 14--I'd have gotten it for $10-15, but $20 for what is essentially 30% of a baseball game (3 player models, 16-man rosters, no online play) is a terrible deal.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
It seems the pricing on many retail sites were off by a lot. The game is 16?/20€ here, which is still mostly acceptable. Yes, it's more than the previous games, but it's not the 40-50€ it was going for on fe. Amazon for whatever reason. Might just pick this up after all now!

EDIT: Just bought it and downloading now!

EDIT2: Maybe my fiancee will let me try it at some point too, she hoarded the game to herself!

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
NICE, it's only $20 on Microsoft's site as well. I'll now be considering a purchase of this game. I'm hoping there's a demo, though it seems that very few games have gotten one this generation (tried DR3 and LEGO Marvel, not a fan of either).

Psyk00

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
No demo unfortunately. Almost 5 months after launch and XOne demo section is poor as lowend lagdroid. All new releases should have demos. After all it's a promotional/marketing tool for devs and publishers.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably purchase it later today. I've purchased the previous two games as well as the map packs. Very addicting and frustrating game... I love it!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought it, its fun! I knocked Coreldan off the top of my friends leaderboard in the first stage! ;)

Sorry to tell you though, I had my fiancee play the first stages for me until Kinect outsmarted us and sent us to her profile :p Since this game doesnt require using the other stick for anything crucial, it's doable for her. Anything that requires two sticks atm is too hard for her :D

But yeah, it was funny to drive against your ghost on many levels :p

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That's my favorite thing on Forza 5, chasing a ghost. I'll finish a race, then spend 30-60 minutes trying to beat my friend's time in the Time Attack mode, and I'll enjoy that more than the actual racing.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to tell you though, I had my fiancee play the first stages for me until Kinect outsmarted us and sent us to her profile :p Since this game doesnt require using the other stick for anything crucial, it's doable for her. Anything that requires two sticks atm is too hard for her :D

But yeah, it was funny to drive against your ghost on many levels :p

On the jump one, I hit 101m... haven't figured out the perfect point to get 115m for a gold medal though...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
On the jump one, I hit 101m... haven't figured out the perfect point to get 115m for a gold medal though...

I tried all kinds of things but couldn't figure out the trick to get past 25m or something. I had a friend over yesterday who is a big fan of Trials Evolution has probably played it hundreds if not a thousand hours by now and he knew the trick to get far, perhaps I gotta give it another shot now :p He went directly to gold medal on that one on his first try lol :D

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
No demo unfortunately. Almost 5 months after launch and XOne demo section is poor as lowend lagdroid. All new releases should have demos. After all it's a promotional/marketing tool for devs and publishers.

They have a demo for it on 360 that I was playing last night if you are still looking to try before you buy and have a 360.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've got $35 in points on my account, plus another $6 and change already on my Microsoft account. It's also the only reason I bought Asphalt 7, Halo: Spartan Assault, and probably a dozen other WP games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb