Do you think I should buy an Xbox One?

bills pies

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I love the Xbox 360, and I have spent too many days of my life on Halo reach, on which I am the highest rank.

Currently I have a Laptop, Surface and a Lumia 520
I hardly use my Laptop, but I need it because it runs desktop programs which the Surface cannot.
I want to upgrade my phone in a few months, so that will set me back some money.

Do you think I should sell my Laptop and Surface to get something like a Surface Pro 2 or another Windows 8.x / 9 tablet or keep my current hardware and buy an Xbone instead?
*note: i'm in year 11, and I was actually planning originally to get an SP2 and save the xbone until 2016, but Destiny and Halo 5 are too tempting*

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If Destiny is the first game you're wanting on the console, I think you're better-off just waiting until Christmas or something, then using that money for a console. I'd also say that depending on the laptop, you're probably not going to get a whole lot for it an an original Surface RT (or is that a Pro you have now?), so you might rather keep those for now, if you don't do anything taxing on your laptop.

I'm guessing you don't have a big use for the Surface RT, between having a laptop and a Windows Phone, so you COULD just sell the Surface and use money from that for the Xbox.

bills pies

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
If Destiny is the first game you're wanting on the console, I think you're better-off just waiting until Christmas or something, then using that money for a console. I'd also say that depending on the laptop, you're probably not going to get a whole lot for it an an original Surface RT (or is that a Pro you have now?), so you might rather keep those for now, if you don't do anything taxing on your laptop.

I'm guessing you don't have a big use for the Surface RT, between having a laptop and a Windows Phone, so you COULD just sell the Surface and use money from that for the Xbox.

On the contrary, I actually use my Surface more than my laptop. I prefer the form factor of it and love the touchscreen with Windows 8.1
I would honestly get rid of my Laptop if I could get Visual Studio for my Surface. But that's never going to happen, which is why I need my laptop atm

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
IDK what your preferred size preference is, but you could look into something like the ASUS T100, which is a 10.6-inch hybrid that runs on an Atom SoC (meaning x86 software runs on it). I'm not sure how great it runs things like Visual Studio, but it's only about $400 and has a detachable keyboard dock, so it would probably function well as a laptop and tablet for you, if you like the Surface.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes