I love the Xbox 360, and I have spent too many days of my life on Halo reach, on which I am the highest rank.

Currently I have a Laptop, Surface and a Lumia 520
    I hardly use my Laptop, but I need it because it runs desktop programs which the Surface cannot.
    I want to upgrade my phone in a few months, so that will set me back some money.

Do you think I should sell my Laptop and Surface to get something like a Surface Pro 2 or another Windows 8.x / 9 tablet or keep my current hardware and buy an Xbone instead?
    *note: i'm in year 11, and I was actually planning originally to get an SP2 and save the xbone until 2016, but Destiny and Halo 5 are too tempting*
    04-23-2014 03:25 PM
    Only if you can't get one for free. jk
    04-23-2014 03:30 PM
    If Destiny is the first game you're wanting on the console, I think you're better-off just waiting until Christmas or something, then using that money for a console. I'd also say that depending on the laptop, you're probably not going to get a whole lot for it an an original Surface RT (or is that a Pro you have now?), so you might rather keep those for now, if you don't do anything taxing on your laptop.

I'm guessing you don't have a big use for the Surface RT, between having a laptop and a Windows Phone, so you COULD just sell the Surface and use money from that for the Xbox.
    04-23-2014 03:31 PM
    If Destiny is the first game you're wanting on the console, I think you're better-off just waiting until Christmas or something, then using that money for a console. I'd also say that depending on the laptop, you're probably not going to get a whole lot for it an an original Surface RT (or is that a Pro you have now?), so you might rather keep those for now, if you don't do anything taxing on your laptop.

I'm guessing you don't have a big use for the Surface RT, between having a laptop and a Windows Phone, so you COULD just sell the Surface and use money from that for the Xbox.
    On the contrary, I actually use my Surface more than my laptop. I prefer the form factor of it and love the touchscreen with Windows 8.1
    I would honestly get rid of my Laptop if I could get Visual Studio for my Surface. But that's never going to happen, which is why I need my laptop atm
    04-23-2014 03:34 PM
    IDK what your preferred size preference is, but you could look into something like the ASUS T100, which is a 10.6-inch hybrid that runs on an Atom SoC (meaning x86 software runs on it). I'm not sure how great it runs things like Visual Studio, but it's only about $400 and has a detachable keyboard dock, so it would probably function well as a laptop and tablet for you, if you like the Surface.
    04-23-2014 04:29 PM