05-24-2014 10:12 PM
136 12345 ...
tools
    I'm mixed there. Those games have to live off of DLC, and I can't stand DLC. They want $3/song, and that's absurd. I wouldn't mind getting to play another game, but I couldn't justify the price to buy into what would certainly be the exact same experience that I had 8 years ago.
    05-08-2014 03:12 PM
    Hey so, I have both Xbox One and PS4 by now, and I'ma try and buy 99.5 percent of those multi-platform of those on Xbox One. If I can, Watch Dogs and Destiny are in danger of me buying on PS4. At the last minute, I'ma try to buy on Xbox, but its gonna be real close... :/

I've read that GTA V might get on Xbox One in June, as well as Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead Season 1 & 2, Unreal Tournament, and Mass Effect Trilogy. Hopefully, most of these land on XONE sooner than not.

Anyway, so I'ma try and be and buy on Xbox One, but its gonna be pretty hard with Watch Dogs and Destiny especially, as my friend is gonna try and sly persuade me on PS4. We really need more crazy-outlandish exclusives like Half-Life 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake to land on XONE.

And Halo 2 Anniversary is my most anticipated this year. I really hope Halo 5 doesn't make it this year. We need an old school game than people want immensely, just crazy exclusive againt PS4's dumb Project Beast. I have both, and we need many we can get at this point. :)
    Sunset Overdrive, and Dragon Age: Inquisition are my 2nd and 3rd most anticipated this year, btw. :D
    I have both consoles as well. As we don't know how the X1 and PS4 versions of Destiny compare, I don't know yet. But I'm getting Watchdogs on the PS4, as it has added gameplay and slightly better resolution (mostly for the gameplay).

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk
    05-08-2014 03:25 PM
    I'm mixed there. Those games have to live off of DLC, and I can't stand DLC. They want $3/song, and that's absurd. I wouldn't mind getting to play another game, but I couldn't justify the price to buy into what would certainly be the exact same experience that I had 8 years ago.
    It was $2 a song and they went on sale constantly. And how can you say "certainly be the exact same experience" They could incorporate the kinect, change the instruments, add other game types. It would be less of the same experience as BF4 or COD every year, or any other genera. Personally they could release the same game with the same controllers and I'd buy it.

Beatles Rock Band may be the best game of last gen.
    05-08-2014 03:37 PM
    I have both consoles as well. As we don't know how the X1 and PS4 versions of Destiny compare, I don't know yet. But I'm getting Watchdogs on the PS4, as it has added gameplay and slightly better resolution (mostly for the gameplay).

I still dont know if im going xbone or PC for this one. I guess ill have to see how many of my friends get it for PC vs xbone.
    05-08-2014 03:40 PM
    It was $2 a song and they went on sale constantly. And how can you say "certainly be the exact same experience" They could incorporate the kinect, change the instruments, add other game types. It would be less of the same experience as BF4 or COD every year, or any other genera. Personally they could release the same game with the same controllers and I'd buy it.

Beatles Rock Band may be the best game of last gen.
    That last part's certainly dependent on your preferences in music. I personally don't like The Beatles at all. Not to say they're untalented, their music just doesn't grab me. So I've played The Beatles Rock Band a couple of times, but it's a wretched bore because it's so easy and the songs don't interest me.

But as for the rest, maybe. I don't know how the Kinect would be useful with musical instruments. You can't really CHANGE a guitar or a drum set, just maybe go more towards Rocksmith. The game types don't have a lot of room to expand either, IMO. I don't see how you take either game, change the game type, and still have the same kind of game. The genre itself lends itself towards shallow gameplay. The games are highly-dependent on putting music the player likes on them, so it admittedly got more difficult for me to like the games as less and less music I knew populated the games.

I still wouldn't say it could be more-fresh that the FPS mainstays, though. At their core, they're redundant, but the online multiplayer gives you different levels of difficulty and different experiences, along with the maps. On the music game side, it's just tap along to the colored notes. You change songs, but most interested in these games are at their skill ceiling, so if you're like me, you'll bore yourself through the first 85% of the game, enjoy 10%, then bang your head against the last 5%, and probably never beat it.
    05-08-2014 03:53 PM

What's there on the PS4 that's not on The Bone?
    05-08-2014 03:53 PM
    That last part's certainly dependent on your preferences in music. I personally don't like The Beatles at all. Not to say they're untalented, their music just doesn't grab me. So I've played The Beatles Rock Band a couple of times, but it's a wretched bore because it's so easy and the songs don't interest me.

But as for the rest, maybe. I don't know how the Kinect would be useful with musical instruments. You can't really CHANGE a guitar or a drum set, just maybe go more towards Rocksmith. The game types don't have a lot of room to expand either, IMO. I don't see how you take either game, change the game type, and still have the same kind of game. The genre itself lends itself towards shallow gameplay. The games are highly-dependent on putting music the player likes on them, so it admittedly got more difficult for me to like the games as less and less music I knew populated the games.

I still wouldn't say it could be more-fresh that the FPS mainstays, though. At their core, they're redundant, but the online multiplayer gives you different levels of difficulty and different experiences, along with the maps. On the music game side, it's just tap along to the colored notes. You change songs, but most interested in these games are at their skill ceiling, so if you're like me, you'll bore yourself through the first 85% of the game, enjoy 10%, then bang your head against the last 5%, and probably never beat it.
    There are quite a few songs on Beatles rock band that are harder then some metal songs on other games, especially on bass (where this game shines). Obviously music tastes are important with a music based game. I would argue if you dont like the Beatles then you dont like music. :) I like how i cant think of what they could change = nothing can be changed. They can certainly do more then add a slide to running like COD did.

owevomi.jpg

There is no better party game out there, that everyone can enjoy. My friends and family have spent countless hours throwing back a few and making a fool of ourselves.
    05-08-2014 04:29 PM
    Both have a bit of exclusive content for PS4. Something like 1h worth or something. Not sure if these are timed exclusives or not.

Woud be a tough question if I had both consoles.. I think the Xbox One controler is far superior. Then the Xbox One is also the central device of my living room pretty much. I hate having to switch inputs these days, so getting multiplats on Xbox One instead would be more convenient for me, but I don't deny that the games likely look and run a tad better on PS4 and then there are the few games with exclusive content. But at least for now the better looks and that amount of excusive content are nowhere near enough to have me consider getting PS4 too. Perhaps if one day PS4 gets some exclusive game I just have to have, but even then I'd likely keep Xbox One as the main console for it's other features already.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    05-08-2014 04:31 PM
    There are quite a few songs on Beatles rock band that are harder then some metal songs on other games, especially on bass (where this game shines). Obviously music tastes are important with a music based game. I would argue if you dont like the Beatles then you dont like music. :) I like how i cant think of what they could change = nothing can be changed. They can certainly do more then add a slide to running like COD did.

There is no better party game out there, that everyone can enjoy. My friends and family have spent countless hours throwing back a few and making a fool of ourselves.
    This is precisely why I hate trying to have any kind of conversation with you. I give an opinion, put "IMO" in it, you act as if I claim it to be a fact, and then you offer no counterpoint to my OPINION whatsoever.

When The Beatles "shines" at bass, that kind of makes my point. 3 of the 4 instruments take little skill to beat in that game, and I say that from experience (except with the singing, as I hate singing). You talk about recycling CoD, but go take a look at Guitar Hero, where they released SIX games in a single year. World Tour was the only one where things legitimately changed (to copy Rock Band), but it was otherwise following notes on a screen. Rock Band made one major tweak on RB3 then the minor vocal grouping in The Beatles. The gameplay was always shallow, then they oversaturated the market.

CoD somewhat milks itself as well, but they never released games like they did with the music games, and they at least had their own flavors of gameplay. At the end, GH and RB were mostly the same thing, just with a different-looking fret board.
    05-08-2014 04:49 PM
    I dont see how putting IMO in there is worth anything... Obviously its your opinion, nothing is stated as fact, at least i hope. You want examples of how they could change the controller/ game types? idk what you are wanting here. You did the same thing to me. I said " they could add gametypes, or change controllers etc, you said NOPE, IMO. All I said is I AM looking forward to a new Rock Band... you didnt have to respond to me.

There are also challenging drum and guitar songs. We are talking about a band that was around 40 years ago, of course its going to be a little easier. It makes up for it in the great visuals. OHH THE PASTELS

The whole band genera is designed, marketed, and presented as a PARTY GAME. Its not a hardcore shooter, we really shouldnt compare the 2. They could produce the same game, with different tracks and it would sell well. Like you said this game is about the MUSIC more then the features.

You can say the same thing about any franchise. its basically the same game with upgraded visuals. RB3 added the ability to have 2 guitars/bass/vocals/etc. added a keyboard, and refined the career. The only thing i didnt like is they took score battle out of it.

You dont like the genera I get it, why did you start raining on my parade?

< Moderator edit - inappropriateness removed >
    Last edited by o Aperture o; 05-09-2014 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Removed inappropriate comment
    05-08-2014 05:14 PM
    It's whatever, but you elected to put words in my mouth, and I didn't care for it. I said that I personally didn't see where they could go with game types, and you said that my statement was that nothing can change. It's a "follow the leader" type of game, and it's hard to change without changing the leader. Unless they want to make it the super-obscure indie music game, where they can have trumpets and stuff, there's simply a limit to what you can do with "play along with the guitar." The only thing they haven't really shot for is making the real-life play-along the main objective--it was secondary in RB3. On that front, Rocksmith seemed to have it covered.
    05-08-2014 05:32 PM
    Guys, please keep this on topic and respect each other's opinions even if you don't agree with them.
    05-09-2014 08:17 AM
    One thing with the Kinect that I can see Harmonix doing with RB is make your own music videos.
    05-09-2014 08:38 AM
    The could put an IR transmitter into the guitar so the kinect could read it. It could do things like activate star power, incorporate your movement into your avatar on screen. IE if you did a spin with the guitar, your guy on screen would, or if you jumped etc.

Developers are creative people, they can make something out of nothing. Yes, its going to be hard to change the core gameplay, but why would they? Don't fix what's not broken. Can you name a franchise that changed its core gameplay? No, because they don't do that. If they were goign to change the core gameplay they would release it as a new IP.

I was in no way putting words in your mouth, I just worded what you said a different way. I guess i should have said "i love how TO YOU i cant think of anything = nothing can be done" You have to realize that your my favorite person on here, Us fellow Illinoisans need to stay together. Even if you dont like The Beatles :P
    05-09-2014 11:35 AM
    As I said, that's still putting words in my mouth. I said I didn't see where change could be meaningfully implemented, and you're saying I'm equating that to a lack of potential change, which isn't the case. The only reason I could see a new Rock Band come out is to move the digital store to the next-gen and try to milk it some more (toss-up as to whether they'd let you carry tracks over, though I imagine not).

But I'm wondering where the Xbox One version of RBI Baseball is. It says it was a Spring release, but nothing's been said since the previous-gen got announced. I imagine that we're going to see the next sports game iterations at E3, and it's going to give EA their one chance to win me back, and that's MVP Baseball If they announce that they're making an Xbox baseball game, they'll get my money. Whoever makes a semi-sim baseball game will get my money.
    05-09-2014 11:48 AM
    I still dont know if im going xbone or PC for this one. I guess ill have to see how many of my friends get it for PC vs xbone.
    If you have a powerful PC, you should get Watchdogs on PC. It has the ability to run on 4K. And the console versions only run at 30FPS...

05-09-2014 11:48 AM
    For Watchdogs? A lot of added gameplay that the other versions won't get.

05-09-2014 11:49 AM
    As I said, that's still putting words in my mouth. I said I didn't see where change could be meaningfully implemented, and you're saying I'm equating that to a lack of potential change, which isn't the case. The only reason I could see a new Rock Band come out is to move the digital store to the next-gen and try to milk it some more (toss-up as to whether they'd let you carry tracks over, though I imagine not).

But I'm wondering where the Xbox One version of RBI Baseball is. It says it was a Spring release, but nothing's been said since the previous-gen got announced. I imagine that we're going to see the next sports game iterations at E3, and it's going to give EA their one chance to win me back, and that's MVP Baseball If they announce that they're making an Xbox baseball game, they'll get my money. Whoever makes a semi-sim baseball game will get my money.
    Sorry, but RBI baseball looks like crap, IMO.

But if you watch the YT video for it on PS's channel, you can see the buttons are Xbox buttons. LOL!

05-09-2014 11:56 AM
    If you have a powerful PC, you should get Watchdogs on PC. It has the ability to run on 4K. And the console versions only run at 30FPS...

For me it's more about being able to play with friends. I have about 5 friends with good PC's (not sure if they are even getting the game). I have 1 friend with an Xbone, who im thinking will get the game. He's one of the ones with a good PC too so we will have to discuss.

I'm also curious if there will be smartglass features on the xbone version. If they are interactive and not on the PC, that will make my decision easy.
    05-09-2014 12:14 PM
    Sorry, but RBI baseball looks like crap, IMO.

But if you watch the YT video for it on PS's channel, you can see the buttons are Xbox buttons. LOL!

It's a $20 game, I'm not expecting $60 quality. I mean, I'm baffled by the idea that people want to spend $460 just to play The Show, which people ACTUALLY say they will do (buy a PS4 just for that game). $20 for a low-end baseball game is acceptable.
    05-09-2014 01:02 PM
    For me it's more about being able to play with friends. I have about 5 friends with good PC's (not sure if they are even getting the game). I have 1 friend with an Xbone, who im thinking will get the game. He's one of the ones with a good PC too so we will have to discuss.

I'm also curious if there will be smartglass features on the xbone version. If they are interactive and not on the PC, that will make my decision easy.
    Agreed. I'm not going to go get a new video card or an aftermarket cooler to overclock my CPU to get things into 4K on my 720p TV that I don't have issues with graphically. I'd rather get it on Xbox, where I have friends to play with, I don't have to touch that UPlay, asininity, and I don't have to get a new controller for my PC to enjoy.
    05-09-2014 01:04 PM

I think they are making a Watchdogs app, and won't be part of Smartglass.

05-09-2014 01:08 PM
    AHH then it probably wont be available for Windows Phone, at least not at launch :P
    05-09-2014 01:18 PM
    It's a $20 game, I'm not expecting $60 quality. I mean, I'm baffled by the idea that people want to spend $460 just to play The Show, which people ACTUALLY say they will do (buy a PS4 just for that game). $20 for a low-end baseball game is acceptable.
    The Show was ONE of the reasons why I got the PS4. Not the only reason. :)

05-09-2014 01:19 PM
    AHH then it probably wont be available for Windows Phone, at least not at launch :P
    I think it's a tablet app.

05-09-2014 01:19 PM
136 12345 ...