New Xbox One Games coming to E3 2014!

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Here's my 10 things I want from E3.

1) Halo 2: Anniversary (with Multiplayer)
2) Minecraft
3) Destiny
4) Elder Scrolls Online
5) Evolve
6) Sunset Overdrive
7) Watch Dogs
8) The Division
9) Halo 5
10) Kingdom Hearts

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
When the 360 came out, everyone had one. I still don't know a single person who owns a One (or a PS4 for that matter).

It really depends on people's backgrounds. If people have 360s and are heavily invested in those already, it might take a couple of "Killer apps" before they make the switch. When 360 came, all my friends had a previous gen console pretty much and no one bought a 360 right out of the gate. That said, most of these people have 360s/PS3s by now already.

I do have 3-4 RL friends who will be buying One as soon as it comes available here in Finland. Currently I'm the only one who has one, but that's cos I imported one. If I would've had a 360 I most likely wouldn't have imported one. Since the console is released here nearly a year later, I guess it's not the same to talk about early adopting though. Year into consoles life cycle there are already plenty of games out and most kinks in hardware and software are likely fixed by that.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's my 10 things I want from E3.

1) Halo 2: Anniversary (with Multiplayer)
2) Minecraft
3) Destiny
4) Elder Scrolls Online
5) Evolve
6) Sunset Overdrive
7) WATCH DOGS
8) The Division
9) Halo 5
10) Kingdom Hearts
I'm curious what you want them to mention about Watch Dogs since it comes out in a few weeks and before E3 ;)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, unless they want to show off DLC or something, haha. I expect Ubisoft to spend its time with The Division and The Crew. That, and Unity/Comet will get stage time, and I'm hoping the Assassin's Creed bundle gets announced for The Bone as well.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm mixed there. Those games have to live off of DLC, and I can't stand DLC. They want $3/song, and that's absurd. I wouldn't mind getting to play another game, but I couldn't justify the price to buy into what would certainly be the exact same experience that I had 8 years ago.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey so, I have both Xbox One and PS4 by now, and I'ma try and buy 99.5 percent of those multi-platform of those on Xbox One. If I can, Watch Dogs and Destiny are in danger of me buying on PS4. At the last minute, I'ma try to buy on Xbox, but its gonna be real close... :/

I've read that GTA V might get on Xbox One in June, as well as Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead Season 1 & 2, Unreal Tournament, and Mass Effect Trilogy. Hopefully, most of these land on XONE sooner than not.

Anyway, so I'ma try and be and buy on Xbox One, but its gonna be pretty hard with Watch Dogs and Destiny especially, as my friend is gonna try and sly persuade me on PS4. We really need more crazy-outlandish exclusives like Half-Life 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake to land on XONE.

And Halo 2 Anniversary is my most anticipated this year. I really hope Halo 5 doesn't make it this year. We need an old school game than people want immensely, just crazy exclusive againt PS4's dumb Project Beast. I have both, and we need many we can get at this point. :)
Sunset Overdrive, and Dragon Age: Inquisition are my 2nd and 3rd most anticipated this year, btw. :D

I have both consoles as well. As we don't know how the X1 and PS4 versions of Destiny compare, I don't know yet. But I'm getting Watchdogs on the PS4, as it has added gameplay and slightly better resolution (mostly for the gameplay).

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm mixed there. Those games have to live off of DLC, and I can't stand DLC. They want $3/song, and that's absurd. I wouldn't mind getting to play another game, but I couldn't justify the price to buy into what would certainly be the exact same experience that I had 8 years ago.
It was $2 a song and they went on sale constantly. And how can you say "certainly be the exact same experience" They could incorporate the kinect, change the instruments, add other game types. It would be less of the same experience as BF4 or COD every year, or any other genera. Personally they could release the same game with the same controllers and I'd buy it.

Beatles Rock Band may be the best game of last gen.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have both consoles as well. As we don't know how the X1 and PS4 versions of Destiny compare, I don't know yet. But I'm getting Watchdogs on the PS4, as it has added gameplay and slightly better resolution (mostly for the gameplay).

I still dont know if im going xbone or PC for this one. I guess ill have to see how many of my friends get it for PC vs xbone.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It was $2 a song and they went on sale constantly. And how can you say "certainly be the exact same experience" They could incorporate the kinect, change the instruments, add other game types. It would be less of the same experience as BF4 or COD every year, or any other genera. Personally they could release the same game with the same controllers and I'd buy it.

Beatles Rock Band may be the best game of last gen.

That last part's certainly dependent on your preferences in music. I personally don't like The Beatles at all. Not to say they're untalented, their music just doesn't grab me. So I've played The Beatles Rock Band a couple of times, but it's a wretched bore because it's so easy and the songs don't interest me.

But as for the rest, maybe. I don't know how the Kinect would be useful with musical instruments. You can't really CHANGE a guitar or a drum set, just maybe go more towards Rocksmith. The game types don't have a lot of room to expand either, IMO. I don't see how you take either game, change the game type, and still have the same kind of game. The genre itself lends itself towards shallow gameplay. The games are highly-dependent on putting music the player likes on them, so it admittedly got more difficult for me to like the games as less and less music I knew populated the games.

I still wouldn't say it could be more-fresh that the FPS mainstays, though. At their core, they're redundant, but the online multiplayer gives you different levels of difficulty and different experiences, along with the maps. On the music game side, it's just tap along to the colored notes. You change songs, but most interested in these games are at their skill ceiling, so if you're like me, you'll bore yourself through the first 85% of the game, enjoy 10%, then bang your head against the last 5%, and probably never beat it.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

What's there on the PS4 that's not on The Bone?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
That last part's certainly dependent on your preferences in music. I personally don't like The Beatles at all. Not to say they're untalented, their music just doesn't grab me. So I've played The Beatles Rock Band a couple of times, but it's a wretched bore because it's so easy and the songs don't interest me.

But as for the rest, maybe. I don't know how the Kinect would be useful with musical instruments. You can't really CHANGE a guitar or a drum set, just maybe go more towards Rocksmith. The game types don't have a lot of room to expand either, IMO. I don't see how you take either game, change the game type, and still have the same kind of game. The genre itself lends itself towards shallow gameplay. The games are highly-dependent on putting music the player likes on them, so it admittedly got more difficult for me to like the games as less and less music I knew populated the games.

I still wouldn't say it could be more-fresh that the FPS mainstays, though. At their core, they're redundant, but the online multiplayer gives you different levels of difficulty and different experiences, along with the maps. On the music game side, it's just tap along to the colored notes. You change songs, but most interested in these games are at their skill ceiling, so if you're like me, you'll bore yourself through the first 85% of the game, enjoy 10%, then bang your head against the last 5%, and probably never beat it.

There are quite a few songs on Beatles rock band that are harder then some metal songs on other games, especially on bass (where this game shines). Obviously music tastes are important with a music based game. I would argue if you dont like the Beatles then you dont like music. :) I like how i cant think of what they could change = nothing can be changed. They can certainly do more then add a slide to running like COD did.

owEVOMI.jpg

There is no better party game out there, that everyone can enjoy. My friends and family have spent countless hours throwing back a few and making a fool of ourselves.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
What's there on the PS4 that's not on The Bone?

Both have a bit of exclusive content for PS4. Something like 1h worth or something. Not sure if these are timed exclusives or not.

Woud be a tough question if I had both consoles.. I think the Xbox One controler is far superior. Then the Xbox One is also the central device of my living room pretty much. I hate having to switch inputs these days, so getting multiplats on Xbox One instead would be more convenient for me, but I don't deny that the games likely look and run a tad better on PS4 and then there are the few games with exclusive content. But at least for now the better looks and that amount of excusive content are nowhere near enough to have me consider getting PS4 too. Perhaps if one day PS4 gets some exclusive game I just have to have, but even then I'd likely keep Xbox One as the main console for it's other features already.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
There are quite a few songs on Beatles rock band that are harder then some metal songs on other games, especially on bass (where this game shines). Obviously music tastes are important with a music based game. I would argue if you dont like the Beatles then you dont like music. :) I like how i cant think of what they could change = nothing can be changed. They can certainly do more then add a slide to running like COD did.

There is no better party game out there, that everyone can enjoy. My friends and family have spent countless hours throwing back a few and making a fool of ourselves.

This is precisely why I hate trying to have any kind of conversation with you. I give an opinion, put "IMO" in it, you act as if I claim it to be a fact, and then you offer no counterpoint to my OPINION whatsoever.

When The Beatles "shines" at bass, that kind of makes my point. 3 of the 4 instruments take little skill to beat in that game, and I say that from experience (except with the singing, as I hate singing). You talk about recycling CoD, but go take a look at Guitar Hero, where they released SIX games in a single year. World Tour was the only one where things legitimately changed (to copy Rock Band), but it was otherwise following notes on a screen. Rock Band made one major tweak on RB3 then the minor vocal grouping in The Beatles. The gameplay was always shallow, then they oversaturated the market.

CoD somewhat milks itself as well, but they never released games like they did with the music games, and they at least had their own flavors of gameplay. At the end, GH and RB were mostly the same thing, just with a different-looking fret board.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I dont see how putting IMO in there is worth anything... Obviously its your opinion, nothing is stated as fact, at least i hope. You want examples of how they could change the controller/ game types? idk what you are wanting here. You did the same thing to me. I said " they could add gametypes, or change controllers etc, you said NOPE, IMO. All I said is I AM looking forward to a new Rock Band... you didnt have to respond to me.

There are also challenging drum and guitar songs. We are talking about a band that was around 40 years ago, of course its going to be a little easier. It makes up for it in the great visuals. OHH THE PASTELS

The whole band genera is designed, marketed, and presented as a PARTY GAME. Its not a hardcore shooter, we really shouldnt compare the 2. They could produce the same game, with different tracks and it would sell well. Like you said this game is about the MUSIC more then the features.

You can say the same thing about any franchise. its basically the same game with upgraded visuals. RB3 added the ability to have 2 guitars/bass/vocals/etc. added a keyboard, and refined the career. The only thing i didnt like is they took score battle out of it.

You dont like the genera I get it, why did you start raining on my parade?

< Moderator edit - inappropriateness removed >

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)