• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
09-30-2014 02:59 AM
278 1234 ...
tools
    hey guys do you think the app will be available for Windows 8 on the smartglass app? or they're going to do it like metal gear and we are going to need an Android or iOS tablet to use the companion app ?
    05-14-2014 12:41 PM
    Their most-recent gameplay video said iOS/Android. Here's Microsoft, being the only mobile OS provider with an ACTUAL gaming platform (actually, 2, with Windows and Xbox), yet Ubisoft is apparently too lazy to put an app on Windows 8/RT or Windows Phone 8.
    05-14-2014 01:27 PM
    I will not be getting the game if my win8 laptop / surface rt/ or phone doesn't get the app.
    05-14-2014 01:39 PM
    Yeah, I briefly considered canceling my pre-order over it. I don't think I'll do it though, as there isn't another game to play coming out until the fall.
    05-14-2014 02:00 PM
    I wouldn't consider canceling my preorder of the app. It's still going to be quite a minor thing and I prefer not to switch back and forth between "controllers". I wouldn't mind 2nd screen support, but mostly for stuff like perhaps a real time map on my tablet, I don't want to input.

Anyways, this is sort of one of the things that at least I've accepted when I picked WP/didn't pick iOS/Android and I'm already over the fact that we just simply won't get most apps like these.
    05-14-2014 02:06 PM
    Agreed, but there's still a part of me that says "if I'm not worth your time for apps, you're not worth my time for games." I'm vengeful...

But the app is more about the opportunity to play the game while not at home. You can use it to start challenges for friends on their consoles, like setting up a race. The person tries to complete the course you set up, and you use the city (cops, obstacles, etc.) to try to stop him. This isn't just about having a map during the game when you're at home, it seems to be a nice, powerful app for interacting with folks on the go.
    05-14-2014 05:47 PM
    Who ever has not pre-ordered Watch Dogs yet...Microsoftstore.com is selling for $59.99 but they are giving a $15.00 Xbox live gift card, AND, if you are a fatwallet.com member, Microsoft store gives back 4%.....hey a buck is a buck on a pre-order !!!

I think that I am getting the game for about $45 shipped after everything, as the Xbox gift cards I use all the time..

Fat wallet is a great place if u shop online a lot... even ebay gives a % on some things...
    05-14-2014 07:39 PM
    Yeah, I have it pre-ordered and paid off at Best Buy. If I could, I would cancel it and put the money on it with Microsoft, but I think they'd just refund it to my dad's card (he paid it off as a gift with my console).
    05-14-2014 09:45 PM
    I preordered with Gamestop, way more reliable to get it in person.
    05-14-2014 10:46 PM
    How do you mean? I had KS: Rivals pre-ordered through Best Buy, and getting my game was effortless. Are you meaning that online pre-orders or sketchy or something?
    05-15-2014 01:36 AM
    How do you mean? I had KS: Rivals pre-ordered through Best Buy, and getting my game was effortless. Are you meaning that online pre-orders or sketchy or something?
    No. I just prefer GameStop. Been shopping there for years for games. I use to go to EB Games, but they went away.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    05-15-2014 07:31 AM
    If you pre-order it in the store it is effortless. If you pre-order it online (like I did with Titanfall) and have it 'delivered' its a nightmare. This coming from a guy who pre-orders and buys everything from Best Buy (because of the myBestBuy account). BBOnline doesn't seem to understand that everyone else realizes that a pre-order gets you the game - the day it comes out - guaranteed. BBOnline seems to think a pre-order is just a 'pre-purchase' of an item that you'd like to get 3-5 days after said product is released.

That was infuriating with Titanfall... Sure, its a first-world problem, but man was I annoyed... I mean, I didn't get my game until AFTER Coreldan got it in Europe... the horror! ;)
    A895 likes this.
    05-15-2014 09:38 AM
    I've pre ordered a couple games from Microsoft directly and they've always arrived on day of release without any issues.
    05-15-2014 11:48 AM
    No. I just prefer GameStop. Been shopping there for years for games. I use to go to EB Games, but they went away.

GameStop bought eb games. :) same store now. Just try to go to eb games website, it redirects to GameStop.

Anyway back to watchdogs. I'm really exited for it! I love open world games. And the hacking element to the game is what got me interested!
    05-16-2014 10:43 PM
    So there are some random reviews out on YouTube from 'reviewers', nothing out from official sites though.
    There are plenty of play throughs and people streaming on Twitch, anyone had a chance to watch anything? I'm still set on getting this, I'm trying to refrain from watching anything cause I want to experience it start to finish on my own.
    05-26-2014 12:04 PM
    I watched some stuff, very hyped to get hands on tomorrow!
    05-26-2014 12:36 PM
    I waiting to get it tonight before making my own judgment.

05-26-2014 12:42 PM
    Got my Copy, Installing Now!

Attached Thumbnails 1401168277693.jpg   1401168286302.jpg  
    05-27-2014 12:24 AM
    Report back soon!
    05-27-2014 12:38 AM
    Holy installations Batman! Takes over 6.6GB to install on the console.

05-27-2014 12:56 AM
    Caved in, not super excited but it's one of the first beast I'ma be able to install on new rigs so I picked it up for the PC! Can't be to different from console version and I'm installing now so I'll report back aswell!
    05-27-2014 01:23 AM
    Driving is stiff and kind of sucks, other than that its' pretty good. Finished the first mission in the stadium and you had to cause a blackout. You had to use stealth to get out and I liked that aspect.

So far a 9/10. Will report back more soon.

05-27-2014 01:32 AM
    This game makes me realize how sad our lives can be. I saw a girl who got denied a scholarship request, a woman who had depression, a man who who lives in his parents basement and etc. It's just so realistic how they portrayed us as people in the game, real people with real lives who have our own problems.

AbsoluteZerow likes this.
    05-27-2014 02:23 AM
    After maybe 2+ hours and 2 missions I'll give a mini review as I have been up since midnight.

WatchDogs is a great game. Definitely no GTA clone. They implement hacking into a simple little press of the X button. I enjoyed using the Car companion app to call up a vehicle when I needed one. The police vehicles are fast and if you aren't careful, you will get shot to death.

As I said before driving is hard, it might get better later but out of the box it is a tad stiff. When I order cars I just grab a motorcycle as they are much faster and maneuverable.

Trying not to be spotted while trying to tail a victim during a potential from is hard. A few times I was spotted so the potential criminal and victim just end up walking away separately and you have to wait until something happens again.

This game is incredibly detailed, so show appreciation to the Devs by listening to all the intercepted conversations by passerby and hack cameras if you can.

Overall I recommend it to anyone looking for am open world game. Action, excitement and a good story are all here.

Overall 9.2/10

AbsoluteZerow likes this.
    05-27-2014 03:30 AM
    I've been looking forward to getting my hands on this since the Xbox one was released.
    I went into the store on the One, to find they are trying to sell it for 59.99. Wow, back to Titanfall for me which was 54.99 at release but can now be picked up for 30.
    Microsoft are determined to kill this console by charging unrealistic prices to use it's one of it biggest benefits "Xbox goto ...".
    05-27-2014 03:39 AM
278 1234 ...