Official Watch Dogs Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Watch Dogs Thread

Disc all the way. The only way I'll ever go digital this generation is if it's at a deep discount ($30 or less) or it's a digital-only title (like Powerstar Golf was).

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Ugh i just hate having to change discs, and driving to the store. And if i have to install the game to my HDD anyway, digital will be my go to, unless i think im going to sell the game.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

U guys going disc or digital?

I'll probably go digital for this one.

Disc, as I don't see this game have that much replay value after a certain time for me. Or at least I rather make sure I can sell it if I want to. I tend to get "keepers" and mostly multiplayer games as digital. I much prefer the convenience of not having to mess around with discs, but I rather sell away titles that are mostly single player games to fund further games.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Disc, as I don't see this game have that much replay value after a certain time for me. Or at least I rather make sure I can sell it if I want to. I tend to get "keepers" and mostly multiplayer games as digital. I much prefer the convenience of not having to mess around with discs, but I rather sell away titles that are mostly single player games to fund further games.

Same here. I am turning in Arkham Origins and COD:Ghosts for WatchDogs. I'll turn in even more games when Destiny drops.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

lorisuzan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

hey guys do you think the app will be available for Windows 8 on the smartglass app? or they're going to do it like metal gear and we are going to need an Android or iOS tablet to use the companion app ?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Their most-recent gameplay video said iOS/Android. Here's Microsoft, being the only mobile OS provider with an ACTUAL gaming platform (actually, 2, with Windows and Xbox), yet Ubisoft is apparently too lazy to put an app on Windows 8/RT or Windows Phone 8.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I briefly considered canceling my pre-order over it. I don't think I'll do it though, as there isn't another game to play coming out until the fall.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't consider canceling my preorder of the app. It's still going to be quite a minor thing and I prefer not to switch back and forth between "controllers". I wouldn't mind 2nd screen support, but mostly for stuff like perhaps a real time map on my tablet, I don't want to input.

Anyways, this is sort of one of the things that at least I've accepted when I picked WP/didn't pick iOS/Android and I'm already over the fact that we just simply won't get most apps like these.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Agreed, but there's still a part of me that says "if I'm not worth your time for apps, you're not worth my time for games." I'm vengeful...

But the app is more about the opportunity to play the game while not at home. You can use it to start challenges for friends on their consoles, like setting up a race. The person tries to complete the course you set up, and you use the city (cops, obstacles, etc.) to try to stop him. This isn't just about having a map during the game when you're at home, it seems to be a nice, powerful app for interacting with folks on the go.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Who ever has not pre-ordered Watch Dogs yet...Microsoftstore.com is selling for $59.99 but they are giving a $15.00 Xbox live gift card, AND, if you are a fatwallet.com member, Microsoft store gives back 4%.....hey a buck is a buck on a pre-order !!!

I think that I am getting the game for about $45 shipped after everything, as the Xbox gift cards I use all the time..

Fat wallet is a great place if u shop online a lot... even ebay gives a % on some things...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I have it pre-ordered and paid off at Best Buy. If I could, I would cancel it and put the money on it with Microsoft, but I think they'd just refund it to my dad's card (he paid it off as a gift with my console).

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

How do you mean? I had KS: Rivals pre-ordered through Best Buy, and getting my game was effortless. Are you meaning that online pre-orders or sketchy or something?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

How do you mean? I had KS: Rivals pre-ordered through Best Buy, and getting my game was effortless. Are you meaning that online pre-orders or sketchy or something?

No. I just prefer GameStop. Been shopping there for years for games. I use to go to EB Games, but they went away.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

If you pre-order it in the store it is effortless. If you pre-order it online (like I did with Titanfall) and have it 'delivered' its a nightmare. This coming from a guy who pre-orders and buys everything from Best Buy (because of the myBestBuy account). BBOnline doesn't seem to understand that everyone else realizes that a pre-order gets you the game - the day it comes out - guaranteed. BBOnline seems to think a pre-order is just a 'pre-purchase' of an item that you'd like to get 3-5 days after said product is released.

That was infuriating with Titanfall... Sure, its a first-world problem, but man was I annoyed... I mean, I didn't get my game until AFTER Coreldan got it in Europe... the horror! ;)

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

I've pre ordered a couple games from Microsoft directly and they've always arrived on day of release without any issues.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

No. I just prefer GameStop. Been shopping there for years for games. I use to go to EB Games, but they went away.

GameStop bought eb games. :) same store now. Just try to go to eb games website, it redirects to GameStop.

Anyway back to watchdogs. I'm really exited for it! I love open world games. And the hacking element to the game is what got me interested!

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

So there are some random reviews out on YouTube from 'reviewers', nothing out from official sites though.
There are plenty of play throughs and people streaming on Twitch, anyone had a chance to watch anything? I'm still set on getting this, I'm trying to refrain from watching anything cause I want to experience it start to finish on my own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99