09-30-2014 02:59 AM
278 12345 ...
tools
    I kinda disappointed with Watch Dogs, if you ever played GTA V then you will know what I mean
    05-27-2014 04:29 AM
    Holy installations Batman! Takes over 6.6GB to install on the console.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Like you mean as a patch even after disc installation?

Wonder if I'll get to play it today at all lol.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed you got the 360 version as disc. Can anyone with X1 and disc based copy give any insight to how much patching with disc installation?
    05-27-2014 06:00 AM
    I kinda disappointed with Watch Dogs, if you ever played GTA V then you will know what I mean
    Please elaborate.

05-27-2014 08:18 AM
    Heya guys how is the graphic on xbox one as i was watching gameplay of xbox360 and the graphics are really bad especially while driving(i.e draw distance)

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Skyrocker007; 05-27-2014 at 10:27 AM.
    05-27-2014 10:08 AM
    Heya guys how is the graphic on xbox one as i was watching gameplay of xbox360 and the graphics are really bad especially while driving(i.e draw distance)

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    The graphics on my Xbox 360 aren't bad and the draw distances are actually pretty far.

Akash Patel likes this.
    05-27-2014 10:53 AM
    After maybe 2+ hours and 2 missions I'll give a mini review as I have been up since midnight.

WatchDogs is a great game. Definitely no GTA clone. They implement hacking into a simple little press of the X button. I enjoyed using the Car companion app to call up a vehicle when I needed one. The police vehicles are fast and if you aren't careful, you will get shot to death.

As I said before driving is hard, it might get better later but out of the box it is a tad stiff. When I order cars I just grab a motorcycle as they are much faster and maneuverable.

Trying not to be spotted while trying to tail a victim during a potential from is hard. A few times I was spotted so the potential criminal and victim just end up walking away separately and you have to wait until something happens again.

This game is incredibly detailed, so show appreciation to the Devs by listening to all the intercepted conversations by passerby and hack cameras if you can.

Overall I recommend it to anyone looking for am open world game. Action, excitement and a good story are all here.

Overall 9.2/10

Thanks for the quick review A895. It's nice to hear a review from a player and not from the media. I really think the general gaming public is missing the point behind Watch Dogs; point being that Watch Dogs isn't trying to be GTA. Whenever people think of a sandbox city-based game, they automatically want it to be GTA. If you want GTA, go play GTA. Every review I've watch keeps comparing WD to GTA, which isn't a fair comparison. I mean, sure, it has some GTA-like aspects, but in many ways its nothing like GTA.

​I'm stoked to get my copy today.
    A895 likes this.
    05-27-2014 10:58 AM
    The graphics on my Xbox 360 aren't bad and the draw distances are actually pretty far.

I guess the graphic might have become messed up while recording btw thanks for the quick reply buddy:)
    A895 likes this.
    05-27-2014 11:05 AM
    Played 2 1/2 hours of it, here's my little insight.

Watch Dogs is honestly no more than a solid 7/10. They try and implement the Sandbox element similar to GTA but even with all the neat tricks (hacking / insight to peoples lives / free running) they have some shortcomings. The game is great with a solid story, at least for my 5-6 missions. Different then a lot of other stories that's for sure.

Explorations is a lacking. The world is small, and if you're big into Sandbox games then you'll notice right away. It doesn't take any effort to get from Point A to Point B. The details however are amazing, and at least on the PC side, you can tell this was made with Next Gen on the front lines That said, the player controls are amazing, the free running is a big improvement from Rockstars game, and the characters feel alot more real. Each NPC really does have a story. I must say though (I said it from the beginning!) that the driving SUCKS, flat out. Half the time you're in a car between missions, stores, online play and mini games but STILL the frucked up the driving. The physics in a car are all wrong, turning is boxy and sudden, and each car feels the same aside from speed. It sucks, and for spending 60% of my time in a car, I feel I should have a good experience.

The Hacks are amazing! You can complete some missions without ever aiming a gun! I love it, it's a unique feature that they definitely capitalized on! Cameras, Explosives, Cranes, Cars, Phones, Helmets, Lights and much more! It's amazing man, I mean I hacked a damn Helicopter!

The online play is great, but the fact that you have to disable (Which means losing your XP online) in order to play uninterrupted is awful. I really don't wanna lose my online progress just because I want to speed run the campaign..

Overall, it'll probably be more fun once I finish campaign and get online. Hopefully they fix that damn driving.
    05-27-2014 11:50 AM
    I'm really excited to play this game when I get home. I own both consoles, but got it on PS4. Not because of the slightly better graphics, but for the added gameplay. Anyways, I hope all of you guys will like it! :D

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk
    05-27-2014 11:51 AM

Watch Dogs is honestly no more than a solid 7/10. They try and implement the Sandbox element similar to GTA but even with all the neat tricks (hacking / insight to peoples lives / free running) they have some shortcomings. The game is great with a solid story, at least for my 5-6 missions. Different then a lot of other stories that's for sure.

Explorations is a lacking. The world is small, and if you're big into Sandbox games then you'll notice right away. It doesn't take any effort to get from Point A to Point B. The details however are amazing, and at least on the PC side, you can tell this was made with Next Gen on the front lines That said, the player controls are amazing, the free running is a big improvement from Rockstars game, and the characters feel alot more real. Each NPC really does have a story. I must say though (I said it from the beginning!) that the driving SUCKS, flat out. Half the time you're in a car between missions, stores, online play and mini games but STILL the frucked up the driving. The physics in a car are all wrong, turning is boxy and sudden, and each car feels the same aside from speed. It sucks, and for spending 60% of my time in a car, I feel I should have a good experience.

The Hacks are amazing! You can complete some missions without ever aiming a gun! I love it, it's a unique feature that they definitely capitalized on! Cameras, Explosives, Cranes, Cars, Phones, Helmets, Lights and much more! It's amazing man, I mean I hacked a damn Helicopter!

The online play is great, but the fact that you have to disable (Which means losing your XP online) in order to play uninterrupted is awful. I really don't wanna lose my online progress just because I want to speed run the campaign..

Overall, it'll probably be more fun once I finish campaign and get online. Hopefully they fix that damn driving.
    Well, it has to be better than that monotonous Titanfall...

A895 likes this.
    05-27-2014 11:52 AM
    Just asked my superiors if this thread could be stickied. :)

A895 likes this.
    05-27-2014 11:56 AM

The world small? It feels big to me. The city is large. They have a rural and urban area. I especially like the area where it mostly all two story buildings and houses. I like the downtown areas even more.

I do agree with you about driving. Hopefully it gets better in time. I vastly prefer using Motorcycles to get around Chicago.

I own Just Cause 2 and this city may feel a third as large or more.

05-27-2014 12:11 PM
    I'm still undecided. From the reviews I've read the general thoughts are it is good, but not great.

Maybe it's going to be like the original Assassin's Creed.. cool mechanics but not quite there, but the following versions will rule?
    05-27-2014 02:56 PM
    Good thing I'm not home now, because UPlay is still down, lol. Anyways, probably once I play it for the first time, there will probably be a patch.

I'm excited to play it on my ps4 though! :D
    05-27-2014 03:09 PM
    I'm still undecided. From the reviews I've read the general thoughts are it is good, but not great.

Maybe it's going to be like the original Assassin's Creed.. cool mechanics but not quite there, but the following versions will rule?
    I think it's great. Don't put too much trust in reviewers because they are trying to compare it to GTA, when it is not. Buy it yourself and see what YOU think. If you don't like it, return it.

05-27-2014 03:15 PM
    Good thing I'm not home now, because UPlay is still down, lol. Anyways, probably once I play it for the first time, there will probably be a patch.

I'm excited to play it on my ps4 though! :D
    I have been trying to use the ctOS App and it does not connect. Their servers are probably getting hammered right now.

05-27-2014 03:18 PM
    I have been trying to use the ctOS App and it does not connect. Their servers are probably getting hammered right now.

Yeah, me too. Though the official Ubisoft twitch channel is steaming it now, which makes it seems like Ubisoft doesn't care...
    05-27-2014 03:33 PM
    I had it pre-ordered, picked it up at midnight, then took it back today without playing. I'm honestly just not sure on it, after hearing the barrage of complaints. That ,and the game was $65 after tax. I returned it, got the money on a gift card, spent $60 on Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked, and have $5 left to put towards the game later, if I want. The main thing was getting the GCU so I get the games 20% off, meaning after I use the last of the gift card, it'll run me $43, plus tax.

Regardless, there were just too many complaints to want to play it last night. Heard that the servers are down, which is a drag. I watched a stream, and the driving physics look worse than the awful car physics in GTA V. There was a video showing that going end-to-end in a car is a 7-minute drive. The folks on PC (not sure how this compares on consoles) say that the draw distance can be terrible, resulting in a lot of op-in problems. It's apparently common to be driving along, then have an A.I. character appear out of nowhere in front of you, which is really bad, IMO.

As someone who abhors the GTA franchise, I was looking to this as a chance to FINALLY have a good open-world game. It AT LEAST seems to offer a better story than the crap GTA has thrown out there, and the game seems to be visually better than GTA, but the rest of it seems to be a downgrade. The driving looks bad, and some are saying that using ANY gun other than a silenced pistol is pointless because of bad weapon balance.

Granted, all of this can go by the wayside (for the most part) for the "fun factor." However, that's something you'd mostly experience playing with friends, and none of mine have this game (I have one friend with the console, but not Watch Dogs). It's similar to Titanfall, IMO, where you'll get bored quickly on your own.

Without playing it, I'm thinking this will be in the 6-7 range. It'll be above-average, but it will be dependent on how much you tolerate what seems to be a highly-redundant hacking system, and if you have others to play it with.
    05-27-2014 04:00 PM
    Well, it has to be better than that monotonous Titanfall...

Titanfalls a different genre and doesn't belong in this convo. Rake that as good or bad. Its a competitive FPS shooter, this is a story based sandbox game.
    A895 likes this.
    05-27-2014 04:51 PM
    I had it pre-ordered, picked it up at midnight, then took it back today without playing. I'm honestly just not sure on it, after hearing the barrage of complaints. That ,and the game was $65 after tax. I returned it, got the money on a gift card, spent $60 on Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked, and have $5 left to put towards the game later, if I want. The main thing was getting the GCU so I get the games 20% off, meaning after I use the last of the gift card, it'll run me $43, plus tax.

Regardless, there were just too many complaints to want to play it last night. Heard that the servers are down, which is a drag. I watched a stream, and the driving physics look worse than the awful car physics in GTA V. There was a video showing that going end-to-end in a car is a 7-minute drive. The folks on PC (not sure how this compares on consoles) say that the draw distance can be terrible, resulting in a lot of op-in problems. It's apparently common to be driving along, then have an A.I. character appear out of nowhere in front of you, which is really bad, IMO.

As someone who abhors the GTA franchise, I was looking to this as a chance to FINALLY have a good open-world game. It AT LEAST seems to offer a better story than the crap GTA has thrown out there, and the game seems to be visually better than GTA, but the rest of it seems to be a downgrade. The driving looks bad, and some are saying that using ANY gun other than a silenced pistol is pointless because of bad weapon balance.

Granted, all of this can go by the wayside (for the most part) for the "fun factor." However, that's something you'd mostly experience playing with friends, and none of mine have this game (I have one friend with the console, but not Watch Dogs). It's similar to Titanfall, IMO, where you'll get bored quickly on your own.

Without playing it, I'm thinking this will be in the 6-7 range. It'll be above-average, but it will be dependent on how much you tolerate what seems to be a highly-redundant hacking system, and if you have others to play it with.
    How do you draw such conclusions on something you have never played yourself? I am seeing this a lot with people regarding this game for some reason. You returned it after buying it, which makes little sense. If you tried it and returned it, I would get it but you are basing your conclusions on others thoughts.

05-27-2014 05:37 PM
    Yeah, me too. Though the official Ubisoft twitch channel is steaming it now, which makes it seems like Ubisoft doesn't care...
    Probably they are working on a fix. Just saw an ArsTechnica article regarding it. They'll probably have it right in a couple days. GTA had the same problem.

05-27-2014 05:38 PM
    Titanfalls a different genre and doesn't belong in this convo. Rake that as good or bad. Its a competitive FPS shooter, this is a story based sandbox game.
    I meant in terms of enjoyment, not category. ;)
    05-27-2014 07:42 PM

It will probably be better in like a month. :P
    05-27-2014 07:43 PM
    I meant in terms of enjoyment, not category. ;)
    Well that's a valid opinion then. Titanfall still outranks any current game for the Xbox One, my opinion of course. I try to play any game though.
    05-27-2014 07:45 PM
    Well that's a valid opinion then. Titanfall still outranks any current game for the Xbox One, my opinion of course. I try to play any game though.
    Just curious, not bashing you in any way, but how do you still enjoy Titanfall, after all those hours you have played it?
    05-27-2014 07:50 PM
278 12345 ...