Official Watch Dogs Thread

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't exist so I figured I'd make a thread just for Watch Dogs. Anyone else excited for this game?! I am! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Watch Dogs Thread

Also have it preordered for X1. Just finished Thief a while back so it will be my first priority SP game when it comes :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

My copy was paid off when the console was purchased. I'm kinda weathering the storm of boredom from Titanfall, instead playing Forza this week while I wait. I might also try out Nutjitsu, since it's only $6.50.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I love, love, love open world games. I'm normally a GTA, AC, Skyrim kinda guy, which is weird that I've been playing Titanfall non stop.

I hope it turns out as awesome as they first said it would be. I'm going to wait for the reviews though.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

This is one I couldn't really wait for. Part of the issue was that my dad, when he got me it as a gift, was prepared to get me 3 games, no matter what. The only one out I wanted was Forza, so I then decided I'd pick two upcoming to pre-order. Kinect Sports Rivals was one (and I regret it only because I lack the space to play it properly), and Watch Dogs was the only other real option. I wasn't sold on Wolfenstein (though I like it for the DOOM beta), and after Watch Dogs, I don't think that I saw any game I wanted get a release date yet.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm still cautious of Watch Dogs.
I love Assassin's Creed. (beat and played all the ACs except for IV right now).
I don't enjoy GTA. (I finished IV, I've played V sparingly... though if/when it comes to the XBOX One I'll play it some more).
I loved Fallout 3.
I didn't like Skyrim all that much.

I heard a 'preview' of it that said the world was pretty boring to participate in... of course that was about 3 months ago... So we'll see...

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Preordered a few weeks ago. I also preordered Destiny last week so, between those two I might be good for gaming this year. Though if COD:Advanced warfare makes it to Xbox 360 I may get that too otherwise I'll pass. I am not getting an Xbox One until holiday 2015 at the earliest.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Have $5 on it, but from a GTA fan, this honestly looks like a bore. Needs more polishing. Part of the fun in GTA is the racing and chasing someone down. Being able to have actual damage effect the car, and shoot/have passengers (crew members shoot). This is an original concept, but not really like GTA: V multiplayer so I might pass. The Car driving was the part that turned me off. Lack of REAL driving physics (SUPER TURNING?!) and lack of car damage makes it meh. For being an item that MOST people will use to travel the city, you would think it will be better polished.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Have $5 on it, but from a GTA fan, this honestly looks like a bore. Needs more polishing. Part of the fun in GTA is the racing and chasing someone down. Being able to have actual damage effect the car, and shoot/have passengers (crew members shoot). This is an original concept, but not really like GTA: V multiplayer so I might pass. The Car driving was the part that turned me off. Lack of REAL driving physics (SUPER TURNING?!) and lack of car damage makes it meh. For being an item that MOST people will use to travel the city, you would think it will be better polished.

I get the vibe from WatchDogs that you are going to be running a lot. Also there is still time, they probably fixed things like driving already, even though I didn't see a problem with it, driving in GTA always sucked, but in GTA its all about committing crimes so it does not matter.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I'm not sure that if you want to call a game's driving bad, using the GTA franchise would be the best measuring stick. This obviously doesn't look like it has very good driving physics, but that's not what I'd want this game for. It seems like the first decent, open-world game I've actually wanted to play in the past few years (Assassin's Creed got redundant and GTA is terrible, IMO).

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I know it's only one video, but as much as I loved that first multi-player game of one dude trying to hack the other dude, to me it looks like 99% of the time it's going to be the hackie shooting in the air and then discovering the hacker right away and having it break down to a chase.. Also I found it weird that they all ran away.. it's Chicago. They are used to gunfire anyway. :)

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

I know it's only one video, but as much as I loved that first multi-player game of one dude trying to hack the other dude, to me it looks like 99% of the time it's going to be the hackie shooting in the air and then discovering the hacker right away and having it break down to a chase.. Also I found it weird that they all ran away.. it's Chicago. They are used to gunfire anyway. :)

Lol.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm playing through Dead Rising 3 and I'm hoping to have it finished up in the next couple weeks... so I can start playing my preorder of Watch Dogs. :)

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Just joining in. I'm going digital for Watch Dogs. Mainly because I ordered an Nvidia 660 for my sons PC and it comes with a free copy of Watch Dogs. The game will be installed on my PC though. Its running an Nvidia GTX 780 3GB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)