Official Watch Dogs Thread

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Watch Dogs Thread

I waiting to get it tonight before making my own judgment.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Got my Copy, Installing Now!

Attachments

• 1401168277693.jpg
    1401168277693.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 1401168286302.jpg
    1401168286302.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 10

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Holy installations Batman! Takes over 6.6GB to install on the console.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Caved in, not super excited but it's one of the first beast I'ma be able to install on new rigs so I picked it up for the PC! Can't be to different from console version and I'm installing now so I'll report back aswell!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Driving is stiff and kind of sucks, other than that its' pretty good. Finished the first mission in the stadium and you had to cause a blackout. You had to use stealth to get out and I liked that aspect.

So far a 9/10. Will report back more soon.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

This game makes me realize how sad our lives can be. I saw a girl who got denied a scholarship request, a woman who had depression, a man who who lives in his parents basement and etc. It's just so realistic how they portrayed us as people in the game, real people with real lives who have our own problems.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

After maybe 2+ hours and 2 missions I'll give a mini review as I have been up since midnight.

WatchDogs is a great game. Definitely no GTA clone. They implement hacking into a simple little press of the X button. I enjoyed using the Car companion app to call up a vehicle when I needed one. The police vehicles are fast and if you aren't careful, you will get shot to death.

As I said before driving is hard, it might get better later but out of the box it is a tad stiff. When I order cars I just grab a motorcycle as they are much faster and maneuverable.

Trying not to be spotted while trying to tail a victim during a potential from is hard. A few times I was spotted so the potential criminal and victim just end up walking away separately and you have to wait until something happens again.

This game is incredibly detailed, so show appreciation to the Devs by listening to all the intercepted conversations by passerby and hack cameras if you can.

Overall I recommend it to anyone looking for am open world game. Action, excitement and a good story are all here.

Overall 9.2/10

BenGutt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I've been looking forward to getting my hands on this since the Xbox one was released.
I went into the store on the One, to find they are trying to sell it for ?59.99. Wow, back to Titanfall for me which was ?54.99 at release but can now be picked up for ?30.
Microsoft are determined to kill this console by charging unrealistic prices to use it's one of it biggest benefits "Xbox goto ...".

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Holy installations Batman! Takes over 6.6GB to install on the console.

Like you mean as a patch even after disc installation?

Wonder if I'll get to play it today at all lol.

EDIT: Oh, just noticed you got the 360 version as disc. Can anyone with X1 and disc based copy give any insight to how much patching with disc installation?

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Heya guys how is the graphic on xbox one as i was watching gameplay of xbox360 and the graphics are really bad especially while driving(i.e draw distance)

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Heya guys how is the graphic on xbox one as i was watching gameplay of xbox360 and the graphics are really bad especially while driving(i.e draw distance)

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

The graphics on my Xbox 360 aren't bad and the draw distances are actually pretty far.

AbsoluteZerow

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

After maybe 2+ hours and 2 missions I'll give a mini review as I have been up since midnight.

WatchDogs is a great game. Definitely no GTA clone. They implement hacking into a simple little press of the X button. I enjoyed using the Car companion app to call up a vehicle when I needed one. The police vehicles are fast and if you aren't careful, you will get shot to death.

As I said before driving is hard, it might get better later but out of the box it is a tad stiff. When I order cars I just grab a motorcycle as they are much faster and maneuverable.

Trying not to be spotted while trying to tail a victim during a potential from is hard. A few times I was spotted so the potential criminal and victim just end up walking away separately and you have to wait until something happens again.

This game is incredibly detailed, so show appreciation to the Devs by listening to all the intercepted conversations by passerby and hack cameras if you can.

Overall I recommend it to anyone looking for am open world game. Action, excitement and a good story are all here.

Overall 9.2/10

Thanks for the quick review A895. It's nice to hear a review from a player and not from the media. I really think the general gaming public is missing the point behind Watch Dogs; point being that Watch Dogs isn't trying to be GTA. Whenever people think of a sandbox city-based game, they automatically want it to be GTA. If you want GTA, go play GTA. Every review I've watch keeps comparing WD to GTA, which isn't a fair comparison. I mean, sure, it has some GTA-like aspects, but in many ways its nothing like GTA.

​I'm stoked to get my copy today.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

The graphics on my Xbox 360 aren't bad and the draw distances are actually pretty far.

I guess the graphic might have become messed up while recording btw thanks for the quick reply buddy:)

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Played 2 1/2 hours of it, here's my little insight.

Watch Dogs is honestly no more than a solid 7/10. They try and implement the Sandbox element similar to GTA but even with all the neat tricks (hacking / insight to peoples lives / free running) they have some shortcomings. The game is great with a solid story, at least for my 5-6 missions. Different then a lot of other stories that's for sure.

Explorations is a lacking. The world is small, and if you're big into Sandbox games then you'll notice right away. It doesn't take any effort to get from Point A to Point B. The details however are amazing, and at least on the PC side, you can tell this was made with Next Gen on the front lines That said, the player controls are amazing, the free running is a big improvement from Rockstars game, and the characters feel alot more real. Each NPC really does have a story. I must say though (I said it from the beginning!) that the driving SUCKS, flat out. Half the time you're in a car between missions, stores, online play and mini games but STILL the frucked up the driving. The physics in a car are all wrong, turning is boxy and sudden, and each car feels the same aside from speed. It sucks, and for spending 60% of my time in a car, I feel I should have a good experience.

The Hacks are amazing! You can complete some missions without ever aiming a gun! I love it, it's a unique feature that they definitely capitalized on! Cameras, Explosives, Cranes, Cars, Phones, Helmets, Lights and much more! It's amazing man, I mean I hacked a damn Helicopter!

The online play is great, but the fact that you have to disable (Which means losing your XP online) in order to play uninterrupted is awful. I really don't wanna lose my online progress just because I want to speed run the campaign..

Overall, it'll probably be more fun once I finish campaign and get online. Hopefully they fix that damn driving.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm really excited to play this game when I get home. I own both consoles, but got it on PS4. Not because of the slightly better graphics, but for the added gameplay. Anyways, I hope all of you guys will like it! :D

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Played 2 1/2 hours of it, here's my little insight.

Watch Dogs is honestly no more than a solid 7/10. They try and implement the Sandbox element similar to GTA but even with all the neat tricks (hacking / insight to peoples lives / free running) they have some shortcomings. The game is great with a solid story, at least for my 5-6 missions. Different then a lot of other stories that's for sure.

Explorations is a lacking. The world is small, and if you're big into Sandbox games then you'll notice right away. It doesn't take any effort to get from Point A to Point B. The details however are amazing, and at least on the PC side, you can tell this was made with Next Gen on the front lines That said, the player controls are amazing, the free running is a big improvement from Rockstars game, and the characters feel alot more real. Each NPC really does have a story. I must say though (I said it from the beginning!) that the driving SUCKS, flat out. Half the time you're in a car between missions, stores, online play and mini games but STILL the frucked up the driving. The physics in a car are all wrong, turning is boxy and sudden, and each car feels the same aside from speed. It sucks, and for spending 60% of my time in a car, I feel I should have a good experience.

The Hacks are amazing! You can complete some missions without ever aiming a gun! I love it, it's a unique feature that they definitely capitalized on! Cameras, Explosives, Cranes, Cars, Phones, Helmets, Lights and much more! It's amazing man, I mean I hacked a damn Helicopter!

The online play is great, but the fact that you have to disable (Which means losing your XP online) in order to play uninterrupted is awful. I really don't wanna lose my online progress just because I want to speed run the campaign..

Overall, it'll probably be more fun once I finish campaign and get online. Hopefully they fix that damn driving.

Well, it has to be better than that monotonous Titanfall...

Sent from my Xbox One using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb