Official Watch Dogs Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's because I hate basically paying a company for a game, then having them show their appreciation for my support with an inconvenience like that. I don't like needing two digital identities for one game. I've heard horror stories about PC UPlay that make me want to not support Ubisoft's double-DRM ways, same with Origin.

Honestly, what role does UPlay have in any of this? They're just using it on the console to try to force people onto it on the PC later more easily. Why couldn't Ubisoft just have your points or whatever tied to your Xbox LIVE gamertag? It seems unnecessary to force me to make an account to play a game I already have an account to play (Xbox LIVE), then basically have that account serve no meaningful purpose.

I hate being inconvenienced, that's all it is. I'm also pretty stubborn in my distaste for those inconveniences. It's why I haven't gotten a retail EA title since Rock Band 2, and I won't get one unless they release a baseball game. I might cave on UPlay because they've done nothing to really annoy me outside of this, and because I will likely need the stupid thing for The Division, which I'm NOT going to pass over because of this.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I hate Origin AND UPlay, but Ubisoft at least makes compelling games to sway me to potentially use their services. I went back and looked at the EA releases for the past 5 years because someone said I was missing out on a bunch of good EA games because of my actions. Crysis and Dead Space were the only franchises I MIGHT have wanted to play. Their games over the past 5 years have mostly been total crap. Ubisoft's at least got my intrigued by Watch Dogs, The Division, and Assassin's Creed (if we get an HD collection on the One like Halo).

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's because I hate basically paying a company for a game, then having them show their appreciation for my support with an inconvenience like that. I don't like needing two digital identities for one game. I've heard horror stories about PC UPlay that make me want to not support Ubisoft's double-DRM ways, same with Origin.

Honestly, what role does UPlay have in any of this? They're just using it on the console to try to force people onto it on the PC later more easily. Why couldn't Ubisoft just have your points or whatever tied to your Xbox LIVE gamertag? It seems unnecessary to force me to make an account to play a game I already have an account to play (Xbox LIVE), then basically have that account serve no meaningful purpose.

I hate being inconvenienced, that's all it is. I'm also pretty stubborn in my distaste for those inconveniences. It's why I haven't gotten a retail EA title since Rock Band 2, and I won't get one unless they release a baseball game. I might cave on UPlay because they've done nothing to really annoy me outside of this, and because I will likely need the stupid thing for The Division, which I'm NOT going to pass over because of this.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I hate Origin AND UPlay, but Ubisoft at least makes compelling games to sway me to potentially use their services. I went back and looked at the EA releases for the past 5 years because someone said I was missing out on a bunch of good EA games because of my actions. Crysis and Dead Space were the only franchises I MIGHT have wanted to play. Their games over the past 5 years have mostly been total crap. Ubisoft's at least got my intrigued by Watch Dogs, The Division, and Assassin's Creed (if we get an HD collection on the One like Halo).

Its not even really a inconvenience. They just have you set up a email to send to and you are on your way. Though you have to check your email to set up a password. It's much easier than Origin which I had to deal with for Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012). That was annoying.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

The thing is though, origin and uplay don't put as much force on the console gamer compared to the PC gamer.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The thing is though, origin and uplay don't put as much force on the console gamer compared to the PC gamer.

They also offer less to the console gamer, though. EA's giving away a free PC game monthly with Origin, and they're both at least offering storefront access on PC. This is just a pointless account creation tool to make their member count higher.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
They also offer less to the console gamer, though. EA's giving away a free PC game monthly with Origin, and they're both at least offering storefront access on PC. This is just a pointless account creation tool to make their member count higher.

Well it does have benefits. You don't actually lose anything by having it.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else played Spider Tank yet? Playing it now and I'm not saying it's awesome, but it's awesome.

Attachments

• 1401302756331.jpg
    1401302756331.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is a bug or something but the multiplayer modes Decryption and Multiplayer free roam can't be found. I looked it up and people on Xbox and PlayStation are having the same problem.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I started it. So far, most everything feels clumsy. The running's definitely better than Assassin's Creed, but it still feels similar to it, what with the frustrations of sticking to things. The driving's better than I expected, but still pretty sketchy (does the handbrake even do anything?). I'm still getting through stuff and see what all I can do right now.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, I started it. So far, most everything feels clumsy. The running's definitely better than Assassin's Creed, but it still feels similar to it, what with the frustrations of sticking to things. The driving's better than I expected, but still pretty sketchy (does the handbrake even do anything?). I'm still getting through stuff and see what all I can do right now.

Then handbrake works. What frustrations of sticking to things are you talking about?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I found out I Ranked #63 on online contracts. Hacking people is fun. The most important bit is to find a good hiding spot so that they won't find you. I never tried to blend in because as you get closer to finishing the hack people get desperate and start shooting things up and getting the police involved.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I did a lot of the observation online contracts last night. They are a lot of fun. It reminds me a lot of the AC multiplayer. Watching them run around in circles trying to figure out where i am.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I did a lot of the observation online contracts last night. They are a lot of fun. It reminds me a lot of the AC multiplayer. Watching them run around in circles trying to figure out where i am.

It is funny, watching people panic. Frantically trying to find where I am.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried hacking my first guy last night, someone with "extremely strong defence". It took him a long while before he figured out that I was hiding in the huge fire truck about 10 feet away from where I first hacked him.

Then I found that fire trucks don't make good getaway vehicles...

And pressing the wrong button and bailing out on the freeway isn't a great idea...

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
you must always slow down before pressing Y :)

I've found you always want to find a crowd before pulling out your cell phone to profile the person you are targeting.

Also try changing your cloths... its pretty obvious if you look like the guy on the front of the game :p

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I found out I Ranked #63 on online contracts. Hacking people is fun. The most important bit is to find a good hiding spot so that they won't find you. I never tried to blend in because as you get closer to finishing the hack people get desperate and start shooting things up and getting the police involved.

How do you do those? Because it won't let me do the online stuff unless I do that multiplayer intro or whatever.

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried hacking my first guy last night, someone with "extremely strong defence". It took him a long while before he figured out that I was hiding in the huge fire truck about 10 feet away from where I first hacked him.

Then I found that fire trucks don't make good getaway vehicles...

And pressing the wrong button and bailing out on the freeway isn't a great idea...

Now you learned. :)

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb