Official Watch Dogs Thread

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
How do you do those? Because it won't let me do the online stuff unless I do that multiplayer intro or whatever.

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

You have go do the multiplayer intro. It's a rite of passage. Otherwise you can access multiplayer by pressing up on the d pad (in free roam) and selecting online contracts.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You have go do the multiplayer intro. It's a rite of passage. Otherwise you can access multiplayer by pressing up on the d pad (in free roam) and selecting online contracts.

How do you do the multiplayer intro?

BTW, I got Watchdogs on my PS4, not my X1.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
How do you do the multiplayer intro?

BTW, I got Watchdogs on my PS4, not my X1.

How far are you in the game? It was supposed to come up in like the 2nd or 3rd campaign mission. The A.I. name is 2XTap (same name on all platforms). Then after that multiplayer should be available.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
How far are you in the game? It was supposed to come up in like the 2nd or 3rd campaign mission. The A.I. name is 2XTap (same name on all platforms). Then after that multiplayer should be available.

Well, I just killed that creep who called "my sister", and I'm doing the 2nd side mission, the one with the car and you escape the cops.

I've only played the game for like an hour, lol.

Really busy this and next week.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Then handbrake works. What frustrations of sticking to things are you talking about?

Trying to move around cover or climb walls. It's got a bit of the Assassin's Creed syndrome, where it can be a bit off. I try to get off cover, and it might not let me fast enough. I tried to climb a wall and walk along the top, and it immediately had me jump off the other side, making me run all the way back around to get on top of the wall. It's nothing major, just a bit of an annoyance.

The handbrake seems rather useless while driving, though. Using it to turn's not really any different than using nothing or tapping the left trigger.

Hah, I didn't know that was an A.I. thing, the first hack. I just assumed someone was trying to annoy me. I've been hacked once after that. What was weird is that it never had a progress meter. I thought the guy hadn't found me to start hacking, but when I finished, it said he was at 74% or something. Either way, I took him down pretty easily. I just got behind a wall, hacked a camera, and looked for him.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Trying to move around cover or climb walls. It's got a bit of the Assassin's Creed syndrome, where it can be a bit off. I try to get off cover, and it might not let me fast enough. I tried to climb a wall and walk along the top, and it immediately had me jump off the other side, making me run all the way back around to get on top of the wall. It's nothing major, just a bit of an annoyance.

The handbrake seems rather useless while driving, though. Using it to turn's not really any different than using nothing or tapping the left trigger.

Hah, I didn't know that was an A.I. thing, the first hack. I just assumed someone was trying to annoy me. I've been hacked once after that. What was weird is that it never had a progress meter. I thought the guy hadn't found me to start hacking, but when I finished, it said he was at 74% or something. Either way, I took him down pretty easily. I just got behind a wall, hacked a camera, and looked for him.

There is a multiplayer mode called tailing where there is no progress bar that you can see but they are watching you.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
There is a multiplayer mode called tailing where there is no progress bar that you can see but they are watching you.

How do you get started with the multiplayer intro?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just bring up your phone (up on dpad) and go under online contracts. If you can select it, it means they are available, if you cant you havent progressed far enough in the main story.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Until? And side missions or no?

No side missions. You have to get to a certain point in the story. As the poster above me said. You can always check to see if it is available by brining up your phone and seeing if online contracts is there.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

No side missions. You have to get to a certain point in the story. As the poster above me said. You can always check to see if it is available by brining up your phone and seeing if online contracts is there.

Thanks you guys. I'm still behind, since I sadly have exams and a 5 page paper due next week, so I've probably now played just 2 hours of Watchdogs, which include some side missions I've done.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Curious, is online hacking when you can just invade another's game without them noticing, or they press the button to allow it, when someone wants to play the game with them?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
the game will alert you that someone is trying to hack/tail you. It will then give you an area that they are in and you have to try to find them.

You will sometimes get invites to do races/decryption games those you have to accept.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
the game will alert you that someone is trying to hack/tail you. It will then give you an area that they are in and you have to try to find them.

You will sometimes get invites to do races/decryption games those you have to accept.

But before someone starts hacking, and they just join your world, you don't notice it AT ALL? :D

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
when they join your world it alerts you but other then that, they just pop in. If you dont want them to you can turn your online presence off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo