Official Watch Dogs Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The online play in this game is terrible. They talked up the Online Hacking mode, but it is literally one of the worst online modes of any game I've ever played. Here's a typical sequence for the Online Hacking mode (decided to try it after finishing the campaign, as you have ot win it 10 times for an Achievement):

1. Enter player's game.
2. Get ready to start hack.
3. Player is already in a car, driving away.
4. Get in car, try to keep up.
5. Attempt to fast-travel to opponent.
6. Repeat 3-5 a few times
7. You lose, game over.

Really, it's a total joke. You're basically always thrown into it where the guy's in a car, and you're about half a mile away. It'll offer to fast-travel you to the guy at about 1,000 meters, but by the time you're fast-traveled in, he's already driven another 500+ meters, and there's a good chance (50-50) that the game spawns you facing the wrong direction, meaning you have ot turn around in traffic for 5-10 seconds, letting him get another 500 meters away, start the fast travel attempt all over.

The last one I tried (my fifth or so), that was all I did until the last minute. With a minute to go, the guy got out of his car in the middle of the highway. I HAD to drive to him to start the hack, and he was out in the middle of the road, gun at the ready. So, after 4 minutes of driving, I got to him, and was shot immediately. It was a super-useful way to spend my time, especially since it took 10 minutes to get the thing going because it fails to start the game 3-5 times before you get into one.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The online play in this game is terrible. They talked up the Online Hacking mode, but it is literally one of the worst online modes of any game I've ever played. Here's a typical sequence for the Online Hacking mode (decided to try it after finishing the campaign, as you have ot win it 10 times for an Achievement):

1. Enter player's game.
7. You lose, game over.

Really, it's a total joke. You're basically always thrown into it where the guy's in a car, and you're about half a mile away. It'll offer to fast-travel you to the guy at about 1,000 meters, but by the time you're fast-traveled in, he's already driven another 500+ meters, and there's a good chance (50-50) that the game spawns you facing the wrong direction, meaning you have ot turn around in traffic for 5-10 seconds, letting him get another 500 meters away, start the fast travel attempt all over.

The last one I tried (my fifth or so), that was all I did until the last minute. With a minute to go, the guy got out of his car in the middle of the highway. I HAD to drive to him to start the hack, and he was out in the middle of the road, gun at the ready. So, after 4 minutes of driving, I got to him, and was shot immediately. It was a super-useful way to spend my time, especially since it took 10 minutes to get the thing going because it fails to start the game 3-5 times before you get into one.

Damn, you've had some terrible luck there :p I havnt had such a nightmare myself, luckily.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

1. Enter player's game.
7. You lose, game over.

Sounds like you just sick at hacking no offense. I have been thrown into a lot of games where they are 300-500 meters away and I always just catch up to them in a car. Hell, I even hacked someone successfully catching up to them on the highway over the water.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I feel bad if i'm trying to hack someone and they are not in a car. I've yet to be discovered on foot. At least if they are in a car i have to try to mimic NPC driving, which can be hard to do.

TIP: dont pull out your phone until you are in a good position to start hacking / tailing. Practice in tailing mode its much easier, IMHO.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I feel bad if i'm trying to hack someone and they are not in a car. I've yet to be discovered on foot. At least if they are in a car i have to try to mimic NPC driving, which can be hard to do.

TIP: dont pull out your phone until you are in a good position to start hacking / tailing. Practice in tailing mode its much easier, IMHO.

I still have not done tailing mode. I mainly have been doing online hacking, and racing.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I recently successfully hacked someone in the park by keeping a tree between me and the victim. He walked by the tree I was standing behind so many times it was funny. I truly believe I am a boss at hacking.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
did you guys ever play the Assassins Creed Multiplayer? There are a lot of similarities. I used to play it all the time, i had a lot of fun with it.

I hope they come out with 2v2 hacking or something like that.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
did you guys ever play the Assassins Creed Multiplayer? There are a lot of similarities. I used to play it all the time, i had a lot of fun with it.

I hope they come out with 2v2 hacking or something like that.

I played the Assassins Creed multiplayer on AC3 and trying to blend was a heart pounding experience. I truly hope UniSoft throws some more updates Watch Dogs way to maybe have more players in Online hacking and Tailing. Maybe a team based Hacking situation.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you just sick at hacking no offense. I have been thrown into a lot of games where they are 300-500 meters away and I always just catch up to them in a car. Hell, I even hacked someone successfully catching up to them on the highway over the water.

It's really just that it puts me in a position where I can do nothing about it. Like that one I was talking about, I STARTED the hack over 1,000 meters away from the guy. It immediately asked me if I wanted to fast-travel, so I did. It put me in the exact same spot as when I started, only I was a bit farther away because of the load time. It did that 2 or 3 times before it fast-traveled me towards the person. When I came out of THAT, I was something like 700 meters away and facing the wrong direction. By the time I turned around, I was at about 1,000 meters away again. The process repeated itself until the last minute or so, when he got out, waited for me, and shot me as I approached. That was something I screwed up, of course, but there weren't a whole lot of options to cover almost a mile in one minute in an open highway.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten to play much last weekend and this weekend, but I played a it last weekend, and I LOVE hacking others. So far, no one has hacked me. I find them before they initiate!!!

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's really just that it puts me in a position where I can do nothing about it. Like that one I was talking about, I STARTED the hack over 1,000 meters away from the guy. It immediately asked me if I wanted to fast-travel, so I did. It put me in the exact same spot as when I started, only I was a bit farther away because of the load time. It did that 2 or 3 times before it fast-traveled me towards the person. When I came out of THAT, I was something like 700 meters away and facing the wrong direction. By the time I turned around, I was at about 1,000 meters away again. The process repeated itself until the last minute or so, when he got out, waited for me, and shot me as I approached. That was something I screwed up, of course, but there weren't a whole lot of options to cover almost a mile in one minute in an open highway.

You try your best. Can't blame it all on the game, won't happen every time.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the triggers do rumble, but I'm not sure how exactly it's in Forza, but I take Keith's word and believe it's better there :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You try your best. Can't blame it all on the game, won't happen every time.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Certainly not putting it ALL on the game, but it's pretty moronic that it would even be possible to play it out like that. They need to improve the load times or something so the fast-travel is useful. In the ones I've gotten to actually spawn near the person, I've succeeded 3 out of 4 or 5 times. It's just when the join fails 3 times in a row, or you get 2 or 3 in a row where you start nearly a mile away from someone in a car, it's frustrating.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've never used the fast travel so i cant speak to that... I cant really see a use for it. If they are 500M away i will get close, but not too close, wait until they stop, or slow down. Change cars around the corner then start my stealth. I'm pretty sure the game doesnt alert the other player that you are in their game until you are close/hacking them already. I havent played since Friday, ill test more tonight. If i dont play league of legends lol. It's always a toss up between LoL and another game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99