Official Watch Dogs Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
They definitely know beforehand. I never got close to that guy, yet he knew to stop in the middle of the road, gun at the ready, and wait for me as I drove up from forever away. He spent 4 minutes driving away from me until I found an open spot to wait. I don't think that was a coincidence.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
They definitely know beforehand. I never got close to that guy, yet he knew to stop in the middle of the road, gun at the ready, and wait for me as I drove up from forever away. He spent 4 minutes driving away from me until I found an open spot to wait. I don't think that was a coincidence.

You get an alert that you are being invaded when someone joins you're game. All they have to do is figure out who's following them.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You have to remember if you dont act like an NPC, its pretty obvious you're not one. If you are swerving inbetween traffic or running for a long period of time, it doesnt take long to figure out who the player is. Or if your car is all bashed up, pretty obvious that an NPC didnt drive it. When getting hacked the best thing to do is what the guy did, stop in an area and make the player come to you.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I usually install the backdoor, run like hell to a good hiding spot and then start hacking. Worked for me so far. I also have hacked successfully by hiding in plain sight, like standing behind trees, or hiding behind cars or trucks, and even signs.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I usually install the backdoor, run like hell to a good hiding spot and then start hacking. Worked for me so far. I also have hacked successfully by hiding in plain sight, like standing behind trees, or hiding behind cars or trucks, and even signs.

Hmmh.. so the range circle doesnt "appear" until you actually initiate hacking? Like you could be a kilometer away from when you installed the backdoor and when you actually start hacking? I've typically maintained LoS as I've started hacking, I figured you need that :D

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hmmh.. so the range circle doesnt "appear" until you actually initiate hacking? Like you could be a kilometer away from when you installed the backdoor and when you actually start hacking? I've typically maintained LoS as I've started hacking, I figured you need that :D

You actually could install the backdoor and run far away and start hacking. The range of hacking follows the attacker. Whether the victim is in it or not does not matter.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
You actually could install the backdoor and run far away and start hacking. The range of hacking follows the attacker. Whether the victim is in it or not does not matter.

Well that's a bit silly, gotta keep that in mind next time rather than iniatiating the hack in some inconvent location :p

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well that's a bit silly, gotta keep that in mind next time rather than iniatiating the hack in some inconvent location :p

I literally have came up on a victim pressed X drove down the street (100-200 meters away) and found a hiding spot then initiated the hack. You got to make the game work in your favor. It also helps to use cameras and keep an eye on them so they don't find you.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The circle appears once the backdoor is installed, meaning you can't run forever away, then initiate. However, the circle will shrink based on the location of the hacker during the hack.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just thought ill add my two cents again, played it yesterday again for the third sit-down and I can say the Online leaves alot to be desired. Wish it had more replayability, I wish its online was the same as GTAO. Oh well, its sitting in my Library as a completed campaign and nothing more );

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Just thought ill add my two cents again, played it yesterday again for the third sit-down and I can say the Online leaves alot to be desired. Wish it had more replayability, I wish its online was the same as GTAO. Oh well, its sitting in my Library as a completed campaign and nothing more );

What? You do know there is free roam online and other modes right? To say you wish it was like GTA, is wrong when this game had very few similarities to that.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

If it was like GTA I'd never touch it. However, I agree that the online is pretty crappy. The mobile challenge is the only decent game mode.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
If it was like GTA I'd never touch it. However, I agree that the online is pretty crappy. The mobile challenge is the only decent game mode.

I have to agree that I'm happy it's not like GTA, but I do enjoy all the online modes so far, except I havnt tried online decryption yet, but that looks fun too.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree that I'm happy it's not like GTA, but I do enjoy all the online modes so far, except I havnt tried online decryption yet, but that looks fun too.

Too much of the hacking/tailing is just standing around, if you're the attacker. That, and I don't like that it depends heavily on where you spawn. There are some places (neighborhoods, wooded areas) that are GREAT for hacking, but some (open roads, city area) that suck because of the open space and numerous cameras. The race is just kind of a race, nothing special, and when you add the shoddy driving physics, it's a bit underwhelming.

Right now, I'm trying to fly through the side missions and discoveries I didn't do during the campaign. Going to try to trade the game in for $44 at Best Buy this weekend, if I can get it finished.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Too much of the hacking/tailing is just standing around, if you're the attacker. That, and I don't like that it depends heavily on where you spawn. There are some places (neighborhoods, wooded areas) that are GREAT for hacking, but some (open roads, city area) that suck because of the open space and numerous cameras. The race is just kind of a race, nothing special, and when you add the shoddy driving physics, it's a bit underwhelming.

Right now, I'm trying to fly through the side missions and discoveries I didn't do during the campaign. Going to try to trade the game in for $44 at Best Buy this weekend, if I can get it finished.

Your initiative. I will enjoy the game I paid $21 for.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
What? You do know there is free roam online and other modes right? To say you wish it was like GTA, is wrong when this game had very few similarities to that.
I'm aware if the online modes, I DID try them. I tried all of them, and I'm actually pretty good. Its just not there, even my 9 year old brother and my Fiance tried the Online modes and he said it was boring. The campaign was amazing though. GTAO sucked me into over 350 hours of game time and the ONLY reason I stopped was because the Xbox One was released. Watch Digs just isn't having that same effect. I feel the cities are to small, the vehicles are limited, there's no real robust level progression to keep you chasing ranks. Its just very bland. Then again that's MY TWO Cents. Its an opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99