Official Watch Dogs Thread

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, by the time I've finished, I will have bought the game for $47 and traded it in for $44, so at $3, I win.

That's good. From now on I am trading in games to get new ones instead of paying $60+ for a game. I could have gotten Watch Dogs for even cheaper but those were the most recent games so I assumed I could get the most money off and I did, that was almost a $40 difference.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's why I got Best Buy's GCU membership. It saved me $12 on the game, and canceling my pre-order (which was paid off as a gift by my dad) and getting the membership left me about $5 in store credit, so I ended up with $5 off the post-tax price of $52, meaning it was $47 overall.

I traded in Forza and Kinect Sports during Target's triple trade value deal a couple of weeks ago, and put that towards the Wii U I got. I think on that, I got the $300 console and 2 $40 controllers for about $150, because of their trade-in deals.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's why I got Best Buy's GCU membership. It saved me $12 on the game, and canceling my pre-order (which was paid off as a gift by my dad) and getting the membership left me about $5 in store credit, so I ended up with $5 off the post-tax price of $52, meaning it was $47 overall.

I traded in Forza and Kinect Sports during Target's triple trade value deal a couple of weeks ago, and put that towards the Wii U I got. I think on that, I got the $300 console and 2 $40 controllers for about $150, because of their trade-in deals.

When I get an Xbox One (maybe this year holidays or next spring-summer) I will trade in all my stuff. I think Destiny will be the last game I buy new this year. If I want another game I am buying used.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am leaning away from Destiny, the more I think about it. There are quite a few late-2014 games I want, and Destiny seems to be towards the back of that group. I sold all my 360 stuff when I got my One back in April. I'd say there are probably 5 games I'd buy new this year on the One:

--NBA 2K15 (haven't had a basketball game since 2K12)
--Halo collection
--Sunset Overdrive
--Disney Infinity 2.0
--The Crew (because I won't get Forza Horizon 2 if it has the asinine DLC costs Forza 5 has)

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I am leaning away from Destiny, the more I think about it. There are quite a few late-2014 games I want, and Destiny seems to be towards the back of that group. I sold all my 360 stuff when I got my One back in April. I'd say there are probably 5 games I'd buy new this year on the One:

--Halo collection
--Sunset Overdrive
--Disney Infinity 2.0
--The Crew (because I won't get Forza Horizon 2 if it has the asinine DLC costs Forza 5 has)

I already preordered Destiny, so I have to get it now. So far it looks good, if I don't like I will definitely trade it or return it. I don't ever buy basketball games or rarely racing games myself. I prefer Open World games I can have hours of fun in, which I why I got WatchDogs.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Forza Horizon and The Crew are going to be open-world racers, so they should offer plenty of content.

I had Watch Dogs pre-ordered, but I returned it without ever opening it (so I could get the GCU discount after). I have nothing pre-ordered now because nothing has given me incentive to do so. Pre-ordering a game used to be about getting it before the initial stock ran out. Now, they have to throw bad incentives (like the extra money hack from GameStop for WD) to inflate pre-order numbers. Best Buy's giving $10 Rewards certificates for several pre-orders, so I might reserve a game or two when they're close to release, but nothing coming for me has a pre-fall release date right now--at least as far as physical titles are concerned.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

--Halo collection
--Sunset Overdrive
--Disney Infinity 2.0

If they don't announce the Master Chief Collection, or announce it and be released next year, I'll cry. 2014 isn't a great year for games so far. We've had pretty mediocre games so far (Titanfall, Infamous, etc). Watchdogs is pretty good, but I was slightly disappointed in it when I played it. I think Destiny will be the best game this year, that is because arkham knight got delayed until 2015.

I guess we'll wait until E3, to see what comes this year, next year, and probably 2016...

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Arkham is another series that provided 0 interest for me. The superhero stuff's never been my thing, and it bared too much of a resemblance to Assassin's Creed for my liking, so I never touched it. Based on the little bit I've seen of Destiny, it MIGHT be a top-5 game for me this year, but that's more because Dying Light and The Division got postponed, not because I think it'll be great.

I don't see any way Destiny tops Watch Dogs, unless it's a LOT better than Defiance (it really looks like a first-person Defiance, from the early footage I saw). OF the expected 2014 released, I'd think the following to top Destiny (in no particular order):

--Watch Dogs
--Evolve
--Titanfall
--Halo collection
--Sunset Overdrive

There are a few others that I think MIGHT be better than Destiny, like Lords of the Fallen and The Evil Within but we'll see. I think that Bungie got a HUGE break when The Division and Dying Light got delayed, because it leaves the third-party, cross-platform realm pretty open at the end of the year. Evolve and The Evil Within are probably the only big contenders from the new IPs now.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Arkham is another series that provided 0 interest for me. The superhero stuff's never been my thing, and it bared too much of a resemblance to Assassin's Creed for my liking, so I never touched it.

Resemblance to Assassins Creed? They are way two different genres, games and everything. I owned both franchises and while they are open world game play, that's as much as they have in common.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Resemblance to Assassins Creed? They are way two different genres, games and everything. I owned both franchises and while they are open world game play, that's as much as they have in common.

My cousin loves the series and has them all on PC (after having beaten one or two on 360), and he agrees with me that there is a decent resemblance between the two. It's a lot of melee-based combat and vertical movement and such, and it seems to carry the same problem of having an uninteresting combat system, in the same vein as Assassin's Creed. It's not like I say this blindly--I've watched several hours of the series because my cousin has it.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My cousin loves the series and has them all on PC (after having beaten one or two on 360), and he agrees with me that there is a decent resemblance between the two. It's a lot of melee-based combat and vertical movement and such, and it seems to carry the same problem of having an uninteresting combat system, in the same vein as Assassin's Creed. It's not like I say this blindly--I've watched several hours of the series because my cousin has it.

But Batman series and Assassins Creed has none of what you said in common. I mean they ate literally two different gaming franchises, they are open world, yes, but combat is hell of a lot different, and Assassins can only do the Parkour style stuff, while Batman has gliding. Grapple hooks, I mean going from one to another there is a large difference in everything.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
People also claim that Ryse rips off God of War, which is hilarious the only thing they share is like... killing stuff in a mythological historical setting..

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
But Batman series and Assassins Creed has none of what you said in common. I mean they ate literally two different gaming franchises, they are open world, yes, but combat is hell of a lot different, and Assassins can only do the Parkour style stuff, while Batman has gliding. Grapple hooks, I mean going from one to another there is a large difference in everything.

Third-person
Open-World
Melee-based Combat
Excessively-frustrating collectibles

They're more alike than you'd care to admit, and the more I play Watch Dogs, the more I feel Assassin's Creed's blood flowing through it as well.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Third-person
Open-World
Melee-based Combat
Excessively-frustrating collectibles

They're more alike than you'd care to admit, and the more I play Watch Dogs, the more I feel Assassin's Creed's blood flowing through it as well.

Watch Dogs is nothing like Assassins Creed either. I played Assassins Creed 3 after playing Watch Dogs for a few hours and besides the running animation, they are nothing alike. Assassins Creed is more vertical with climbing and what not in early America while Watch Dogs is modern day America with some running, mainly driving with a little parkour. Assassins Creed also has way more combat and the fastest thing you can ride is a horse.

navidee

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My biggest gripe with Watch Dogs is the loading between mission failures. Im sure if I had a xbox1 or ps4, its not nearly as long. Also, this barely feels like Chicago. They sure took some liberties in making it an island.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My biggest gripe with Watch Dogs is the loading between mission failures. Im sure if I had a xbox1 or ps4, its not nearly as long. Also, this barely feels like Chicago. They sure took some liberties in making it an island.

I mean it's a game, better that it is an island than land you can see but not go to. Most games are making open world games islands because it's more boxed in and sandboxed. I wish I could play a Spiderman 2 on my Xbox, I miss it dearly. That was the best open world game ever.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Watch Dogs is nothing like Assassins Creed either. I played Assassins Creed 3 after playing Watch Dogs for a few hours and besides the running animation, they are nothing alike. Assassins Creed is more vertical with climbing and what not in early America while Watch Dogs is modern day America with some running, mainly driving with a little parkour. Assassins Creed also has way more combat and the fastest thing you can ride is a horse.

No, there really is a lot that is similar between the two. I mean, Assassin's Creed 3 is in old America, but does the fact that AC2 is in Italy mean they're not alike? The setting isn't much of a deciding factor in such an event.

Watch Dogs' main story certainly has a different feel than Assassin's Creed, but when you get to doing the side missions and collectibles, the similarities really start to stand out. I mean, the ctOS boxes are a LOT like the Leaps of Faith in Assassin's Creed (get to a high point, hit Y, get added icons on your map). Those little things I'm doing after finishing the campaign involve quite a bit of climbing, and it had involved a decent bit of the classic AC frustration of getting stuck on the wrong section of wall.

Watch Dogs' extras really make it feel like a modernized version of Assassin's Creed's non-story stuff. The movement, the objectives, etc.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
No, there really is a lot that is similar between the two. I mean, Assassin's Creed 3 is in old America, but does the fact that AC2 is in Italy mean they're not alike? The setting isn't much of a deciding factor in such an event.

Watch Dogs' main story certainly has a different feel than Assassin's Creed, but when you get to doing the side missions and collectibles, the similarities really start to stand out. I mean, the ctOS boxes are a LOT like the Leaps of Faith in Assassin's Creed (get to a high point, hit Y, get added icons on your map). Those little things I'm doing after finishing the campaign involve quite a bit of climbing, and it had involved a decent bit of the classic AC frustration of getting stuck on the wrong section of wall.

Watch Dogs' extras really make it feel like a modernized version of Assassin's Creed's non-story stuff. The movement, the objectives, etc.

The objectives are so different though. Watch Dogs is way more tech related and Assassins Creed boiled down to kill this person and kill these people. I loved the story of Assassins Creed and that's the main point of the series. Watch Dogs is more about what happens when technology is everywhere and someone can access all of it anywhere anytime.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Arkham is another series that provided 0 interest for me. The superhero stuff's never been my thing, and it bared too much of a resemblance to Assassin's Creed for my liking, so I never touched it. Based on the little bit I've seen of Destiny, it MIGHT be a top-5 game for me this year, but that's more because Dying Light and The Division got postponed, not because I think it'll be great.

I don't see any way Destiny tops Watch Dogs, unless it's a LOT better than Defiance (it really looks like a first-person Defiance, from the early footage I saw). OF the expected 2014 released, I'd think the following to top Destiny (in no particular order):

--Watch Dogs
--Evolve
--Titanfall
--Halo collection
--Sunset Overdrive

There are a few others that I think MIGHT be better than Destiny, like Lords of the Fallen and The Evil Within but we'll see. I think that Bungie got a HUGE break when The Division and Dying Light got delayed, because it leaves the third-party, cross-platform realm pretty open at the end of the year. Evolve and The Evil Within are probably the only big contenders from the new IPs now.

I'm still confused on what Sunset Overdrive is. It seems like a weird combo of some games, mashed up in a pile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05