Official Watch Dogs Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm still confused on what Sunset Overdrive is. It seems like a weird combo of some games, mashed up in a pile.

Dead Rising concept, but in a Ratchet & Clank art style, is how I see it. However, it also adds the crazy movement of a game like Titanfall as well. I like how it looks, because it looks to avoid both the overly-dreary Dead Rising style and the overly-raunchy GTA comedy style of laid-back approach.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Dead Rising concept, but in a Ratchet & Clank art style, is how I see it. However, it also adds the crazy movement of a game like Titanfall as well. I like how it looks, because it looks to avoid both the overly-dreary Dead Rising style and the overly-raunchy GTA comedy style of laid-back approach.

It just looks weird, like idk why it of worthy of being a $60 game...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I think games should be valued around content - not the average $60 title, but I think Sunset Overdrive will be worth ~$50, then again I think Watch Dogs should only be ~$45.

I agree. Also, games that don't have many like Titanfall, should be less too. Sport games as well. I can keep going, but I need to start studying for my last exam. :p

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Finished Watch Dogs campaign. It got really good and interesting in the end (and very hard). I won't say any spoilers. But I will say things get really lonely when the game ends.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Finished Watch Dogs campaign. It got really good and interesting in the end (and very hard). I won't say any spoilers. But I will say things get really lonely when the game ends.

Hard how? I mean, the one chase was a little rough, but I wouldn't say any of the campaign stuff was legitimately hard.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think games should be valued around content - not the average $60 title, but I think Sunset Overdrive will be worth ~$50, then again I think Watch Dogs should only be ~$45.

That's what sales are for, of course. Really, I can't say that I've played a game worth $60 in a LONG time, maybe the Borderlands games, but even that would be a stretch. Watch Dogs is probably a $45 game like you say (about what I paid), and I'd say it's the game I'd put the highest price tag on so far with the One. Of course, this sounds more like a game rating system, where $60 is equivalent to a 10 in a typical game review or something.

If we were to do that with the games we have on our Ones, I'd probably go:

Watch Dogs: $45-50
Forza 5: $35-40
Titanfall: $35-40
Kinect Sports Rivals: $25-30
Powerstar Golf: $20-25

In that respect, only Powerstar Golf and Watch Dogs have been worth what I paid for them. Technically, the free Titanfall was as well, but I also maintain that I wouldn't have gotten that game if it wasn't free with my console (REALLY don't like EA, as we all know).

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That's what sales are for, of course. Really, I can't say that I've played a game worth $60 in a LONG time, maybe the Borderlands games, but even that would be a stretch. Watch Dogs is probably a $45 game like you say (about what I paid), and I'd say it's the game I'd put the highest price tag on so far with the One. Of course, this sounds more like a game rating system, where $60 is equivalent to a 10 in a typical game review or something.

If we were to do that with the games we have on our Ones, I'd probably go:

Watch Dogs: $45-50
Forza 5: $35-40
Titanfall: $35-40
Kinect Sports Rivals: $25-30
Powerstar Golf: $20-25

In that respect, only Powerstar Golf and Watch Dogs have been worth what I paid for them. Technically, the free Titanfall was as well, but I also maintain that I wouldn't have gotten that game if it wasn't free with my console (REALLY don't like EA, as we all know).

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't work out because every game company thinks there game cant have a price put on it. I just got FORZA on sale for $6.96 and I wouldn't even ever buy it again, just couldn't pass it up this time lol. Watch dogs would fall under $40 for me to purchase it (but I got it for free) and Titanfall I would pay the $60 and season pass all over again lol. :X strange how different people really are.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The drinking games in Watch Dogs, THOSE are a pain. I beat the first one really easily, but the second one is a pain. I'm on level 4 of it, and I keep getting killed by having to balance both sticks at the same time...it's infuriating.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hard how? I mean, the one chase was a little rough, but I wouldn't say any of the campaign stuff was legitimately hard.

The part where you have to install the virus at 3 locations, I had a dozen cop cars on me and 2 police choppers with snipers and Damien was hacking the city messing with traffic lights and steam pipes. I died maybe 3 times before I could finish it.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The part where you have to install the virus at 3 locations, I had a dozen cop cars on me and 2 police choppers with snipers and Damien was hacking the city messing with traffic lights and steam pipes. I died maybe 3 times before I could finish it.

Really? I figured out really quick, stay in a car and go right up to it, just drive around it, hack the helicopter, ride away, throw up a bridge and escape - rinse & repeat. 3 times isn't to bad though.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Really? I figured out really quick, stay in a car and go right up to it, just drive around it, hack the helicopter, ride away, throw up a bridge and escape - rinse & repeat. 3 times isn't to bad though.

I couldn't have done that. Cops and helicopters were shooting at me.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've just finished escaping the level-5 pursuit, though I don't know how escaping a scan will go (not going to bother with it right now, this just coincidentally lined up well to try out this time). In case you want to try it, the main things:

--Stay near traffic, because you're going to need multiple cars (I probably went through 10 or so).
--Finish the pursuit underground, where the helicopter can't see you.
--Use a ctOS Blackout, jump the underground bridge, then start praying they don't find you while you're hidden in your car.

The sniper's a pretty tough guy to shake, and it's nearly-impossible to hit the chopper with a disable while driving. So, like I said, look for a tunnel. I got underground, did a few laps in and out of the tunnel (using blockers to take down some of the extra SWAT SUVs), then I jumped a bridge and hit a Blackout so they couldn't pursue.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Was playing watchdogs, and had to leave, but someone starting hacking me, so I had to force close the game. :p

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Was playing watchdogs, and had to leave, but someone starting hacking me, so I had to force close the game. :p

I've had a few people disconnect on me at like 95% hack when they couldn't find me anywhere, but yeah, I've been invaded at least once when I was just about to stop playing, but I wasnt in a hurry per se so I just went through with it rather than disconnected in the middle :p You take a notoriety hit for disconnecting though, I believe.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few people disconnect on me at like 95% hack when they couldn't find me anywhere, but yeah, I've been invaded at least once when I was just about to stop playing, but I wasnt in a hurry per se so I just went through with it rather than disconnected in the middle :p You take a notoriety hit for disconnecting though, I believe.

Meh, the notoriety points font really do anything, lol.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my brother to get the game on his Xbox one. :)

What bothers me though, is he always messes up with games where he has to think. He's great at sport games, like FIFA and NBA 2K, but not so much at games like titanfall, call of duty, watchdogs, Ryse, etc. Lol

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Down to 6 Achievements:

1. Win 10 Online Hacking Missions
2. Win 10 Online Tailing Missions
3. Complete 10 Online Races
4. Win All 3 Drinking Games
5. Escape 15 Police Scans
6. Escape a Level 5 Police Scan

Members online

Forum statistics