Official Watch Dogs Thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I currently have 34h on smartglass, it sounds about right, but achievement wise I'm at less than 40%. Gonna be hunting down many of them now after completion, but some I'll just skip.. like if theres something regarding the check-in-places.

The check-ins aren't bad. I just grab them when I'm next to something else I'm doing. They really don't take as long as you'd think. The clean-up of Achievements doesn't take too long once you finish the story. You're not running around the whole map crazily as much, so like I went to one district, did the crap, and that was it.

All I skipped was the Social Lubricant Achievement. It just wasn't worth the time or hassle, and I wanted to trade it in for Wii U games (buy 2, get 1 free last week).

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly why I've gradually moved from my built gaming PC to Xbox One, I shouldn't have to bother with 3rd party mods to have a game that runs and looks nice :D
It already runs prettier, but the PC unlike consoles have options to push it somewhere a console cant go. That's why I got this game for the PC. I wanted those actual E3 graphics.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
And the terrible optimization and bugs, don't forget those!
Only had my gaming PC a few weeks but Dark Souls, Thief, Murdered Suspect Soul all ran without bugs or awful optimization and I run on MAX settings. I'm not as picky and I know what bugs are being reported cross platform and I haven't had any additional bugs aside from the Norm or Alpha Games (The Forest and Day Z). Honestly, any cross platform game I've had I can say has ran smoother and faster than my Xbox One, Xbox 360, and OG Xbox.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Here's the before and after footage. Not sure if it's already been posted. It's mind boggling that Ubisoft would do something like this.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Only had my gaming PC a few weeks but Dark Souls, Thief, Murdered Suspect Soul all ran without bugs or awful optimization and I run on MAX settings. I'm not as picky and I know what bugs are being reported cross platform and I haven't had any additional bugs aside from the Norm or Alpha Games (The Forest and Day Z). Honestly, any cross platform game I've had I can say has ran smoother and faster than my Xbox One, Xbox 360, and OG Xbox.

I was talking about Watch Dogs, which folks have been saying is a mess on PC, at times. Dark Souls was supposedly a nightmare and needed patching/mods to make good for PC play, and Murdered was supposedly just bad all-around.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about Watch Dogs, which folks have been saying is a mess on PC, at times. Dark Souls was supposedly a nightmare and needed patching/mods to make good for PC play, and Murdered was supposedly just bad all-around.
Yes but they all had general glitches, but with an AMD (which is supposed to be the problem) they all ran smoothly for me. Remember games are like anything else (phones in this websites case). Most people only signup and news stories are only covered on the negative things, the majority of people never even complain, what you're hearing is the minority. Same as battery drain with phones or engine issues with cars.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm back to FIFA 14 (Xbone) and MLB 14 The Show (PS4). I'm sure I'll play watchdogs again soon though.

Sent from my PlayStation 4 using Tapatalk

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been wanting to play FIFA so much since the World Cup is on, but i keep thinking i should wait for FIFA 15 rather then buy FIFA 14. Unless i can find it at a great price :p

Ohh and i just got past Act II :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I could never get into soccer games. I'm not good at them, and I don't know who's good in the sport (beyond a small handful of names, including one cannibal), so I could never bring myself to buy them.

I'm in the same holding pattern with NBA 2K14 as well, though. I want to get it now, but $35-40 is too much for it when 2K15 will kill it in 3.5 months. If I could get Best Buy to drop it to $29.99, so I could get it for $25 with GCU, I'd jump in.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yea $25 is the most i would pay, I might check for used copy. It was on sale for $19.99 on steam on Monday, and i expect it to go on sale again, but its not a game i want for PC.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
My friend mailed me his copy of Watch_Dogs... so I just started it. Seems fun :)

But, I'm also playing FIFA14 (which I got for a steal at 16.00 from a local shop with some credit) and Valiant Hearts: The Great War. Along with smatterings of Titanfall still ;)

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm at about 93% completion (of everything; minigames, multiplayer, side quests, etc), just need a few more multiplayer achieves and one last darn song before I can consider this Done. ( :

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'll just throw this here. I won a copy of Watch Dogs for PC. I have no intentions of playing through this game again. If anyone is interested in it let me know.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the Bad Blood DLC. It's a bit more expensive than what I'd prefer and I doubt it returns quite enough hours to warrant that price, but I really liked Watch Dogs so I figured I'd get it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs