What xbox one games should I get?

jacob114489

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought an Xbox one and want to know what games I should get, what are your favorites any why. I already have black flag. What do ya'll recommend?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Tomb Raider is awesome.
I've loved Titanfall
Dead Rising 3 was a lot of fun
Peggle 2 is a great time waster
Child of Light has been good too.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you want and what you play.

If you like Black Flag, Tomb Raider will likely interest you as well, as it's a third-person action title.
If you like racing, Forza is there for sim and NFS: Rivals sounds like it is a solid, open arcade option.
If you want a shooter, Titanfall is a decent-enough option to get (but beware the horrid matchmaking and occasionally-laggy servers).
I'd suggest avoiding Kinect Sports Rivals, unless you are playing in the living room and really like the game. I like it, but it's useless in a bedroom.
If you like golf, Powerstar Golf is really fun, for a $20 digital title (I'll put it on Twitch if you want to see it sometime).
If you played and liked God of War, Ryse is there.
NBA 2K14 is the way to go for basketball, NBA LIVE is apparently a total turd.
Madden and FIFA are what they are, but they apparently require an Origin account for online play.

All of that said, I recommend Forza, Titanfall, and Watch Dogs (which seems like an actually GOOD open-world game, for once). I'd also say that I'm considering Tomb Raider and NBA 2K14, if they have a decent sale at some point. Nothing else really grabs me, as I don't want anything with Origin involved, and I'd rather wait in Sunset Overdrive than bother with the gloomy-looking Dead Rising 3 (which appears to button-mashy for my liking).

Don't stock up on games now, though. There's a lot of nice-looking stuff coming at the end of the year, so you'll probably be flooded with quality titles at that time.

jacob114489

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions! I am also looking forward to Watch_Dogs, it looks like a stellar game! I've never played Tomb Raider, but on YouTube it looks fantastic! Tomb Raider is on my to get list! How would you rate Titanfall matchmaking out of 10 on the XB1, on the 360, I never really had problems with it.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd give the gameplay a 9/10. I'd give the servers a 7/10. I'd give the matchmaking itself something like a 4/10, it's below-average. I haven't even played the game in over a week because of what a pain the matchmaking is. I have been working on the CtF 50-win Achievement, and I spent an hour last week trying to get into a playable match. I probably joined 10 different matches, each of which involved being on a team that was losing significantly, or we were down a man or more and were put into a bad position quickly (like 0-3 in under 3 minutes).

The servers aren't terrible, but their lag is more irritating that CoD's super-choppy ordeals. It's because when it's lagging, you can't really tell. You find it out when you round a corner, then die from a shot on the other side of the wall 2 seconds after. It's horrid to experience, and really frustrating. The game itself is awesome, it's just hard to swallow that garbage on so many occasions.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
While I loved Thief, the technical side of things in it sorta require you to be a fan of the series to forgive the sloppy developing. Titanfall is amazing, Peggle 2 (as a little "arcade time waster", also great for the women in the house :D), Just Dance 2014 is fun if you're into that kinda stuff. Trials Fusion offers a lot of challenge and fun couch co-op.. I recommend trying to get a cheap copy of Ryse somewhere, it's worth playing through. Rent/buy it second hand and sell it away again. Still the best looking game of this gen IMO (including PS4).

I have Watch Dogs preordered but wont recommend it until I actually play it :p

Then don't forget the F2P offering like Killer Instinct, Project Spark etc. I've bought some characters for Killer Instinct, it's fun but playing online makes you realize fast how bad you are at fighting games lol.

Don't forget that with Gold, you will get Max: Curse of the brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault for free next month, both great games, but don't buy them yourself yet :p

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Funny you say that, because they also teased that next month would bring "Deals With Gold," and that they would include Forza, Ryse, and "more." It's because of that I'm going to hold out on buying any games this month, unless GameStop has some kind of CRAZY deal on Tomb Raider/NBA 2K14.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Also - DO NOT buy Max Curse of the Brotherhood or Halo: Spartan Assault - those games will be FREE next month with the Games for Gold for XBOX Live Gold Members.

I plan to pick up MCotB next month because of that.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Also - DO NOT buy Max Curse of the Brotherhood or Halo: Spartan Assault - those games will be FREE next month with the Games for Gold for XBOX Live Gold Members.

I plan to pick up MCotB next month because of that.

Been wanting to get Max since I bought the console, but I had a hunch it would be amongst the first games in Games with Gold, so I waited, good that I did :D

I have a few friends here in Finland who are still waiting for the official release of the console here. I wonder if they could log in with my console to "redeem" those GwG-games to their accounts (all have gold due to owning 360) so that once they actually get their consoles next fall, they would already have like 8-10 free games waiting for them :p

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I would think it'd work the same way as on the 360. They just need to log into the website and 'buy' it that way.

I'm not sure though, since the XBOX One Games with Gold will be similar to Playstation Plus in that it's a 'rental' that is valid as long as your Gold subscription is valid.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I would think it'd work the same way as on the 360. They just need to log into the website and 'buy' it that way.

I'm not sure though, since the XBOX One Games with Gold will be similar to Playstation Plus in that it's a 'rental' that is valid as long as your Gold subscription is valid.

Yeah but I dont see how that would make them unable to fetch teh games through my console as they still have gold all the same and access to Xbox One if you can't do it through web browser alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077