10-27-2014 09:29 AM
29 12
tools
    ^ Yeh but you can play SoM on other platforms which means its complete there but on the XBox... :-X

Looks like its better if you get a high end PC or a PS4.

Simply put, the Kinect has been mostly a flop for gaming..
    I disagree with this as Just Dance, Dance Central etc and other upcoming games uses Kinect... That I'm sure you'll never play, so yeh get a PS4.
    10-24-2014 02:19 AM
    ^ Yeh but you can play SoM on other platforms which means its complete there but on the XBox... :-X

Looks like its better if you get a high end PC or a PS4.

I disagree with this as Just Dance, Dance Central etc and other upcoming games uses Kinect... That I'm sure you'll never play, so yeh get a PS4.
    LOL, how ignorant of you to say what I should get, just because I don't like the Kinect as a gaming option. I mean, it's pretty telling when your comeback on gaming options for the Kinect are two versions of the same thing and "other upcoming games. I mean, Halo, Sunset Overdrive, and Titanfall skipped the Kinect, and they're three of the biggest exclusives on or coming to the platform.

Take the fanboy angst and throw it out. Telling me to get a PS4 (I already have a high-end PC, though I need a GPU upgrade) because I don't play Kinect DDR is dumb. I play actual exclusives like Forza, Halo, and maybe Sunset Overdrive. Go ahead and tell me how those play on the a PC or PS4, because you seems to be bringing the big guns into the conversation.

I use a 720p TV for my One and my PC, so what good would pushing more pixels at it do, when the TV doesn't have that resolution?
    10-24-2014 03:38 PM
    LOL, how ignorant of you to say what I should get, just because I don't like the Kinect as a gaming option. I mean, it's pretty telling when your comeback on gaming options for the Kinect are two versions of the same thing and "other upcoming games. I mean, Halo, Sunset Overdrive, and Titanfall skipped the Kinect, and they're three of the biggest exclusives on or coming to the platform.

Take the fanboy angst and throw it out. Telling me to get a PS4 (I already have a high-end PC, though I need a GPU upgrade) because I don't play Kinect DDR is dumb. I play actual exclusives like Forza, Halo, and maybe Sunset Overdrive. Go ahead and tell me how those play on the a PC or PS4, because you seems to be bringing the big guns into the conversation.
    LOL Why am I the fanboy when I like the PS4 too and me and a friend will trade platforms soon because we can't afford both consoles? Well maybe he can and will just lend me his PS4 soon.

I will play actual exclusives like Bloodborne and playing/have played non exclusives like CD: Ghosts, NFS:Rivals on the PS4 etc on top of playing Forza 5, FH2 AND Dance Central Spotlight, Fantasia and "other upcoming Kinect games etc. that uses the full potential of the XBox One. On my low end have PC, DA:Origins Ultimate, Mass Effect 3 etc...

Put bluntly, the system was built around the new Kinect. Having the system without the Kinect, is like having only half an Xbox One.
    Anyway I agreed with this post you quoted at first, now I really agree with it more comparing the experience and playing with other gaming platforms.

I use a 720p TV for my One and my PC, so what good would pushing more pixels at it do, when the TV doesn't have that resolution?
    MMkayy..
    10-27-2014 07:37 AM
    LOL Why am I the fanboy when I like the PS4 too and me and a friend will trade platforms soon because we can't afford both consoles? Well maybe he can and will just lend me his PS4 soon.
    I disagreed with the need for the Kinect, and your response was "got get a PS4 or a PC," which was moronic on its face. Because I don't need to play a game, and thereby don't need the Kinect, I shouldn't play on the Xbox One? THAT is why I called you a fanboy, because you equated not liking the Kinect to not liking the Xbox One.

The whole Kinect is Xbox One" argument is a joke. They made the Kinect part of the console, but they basically conceded that they were wrong when they:

1. Stopped requiring the Kinect to be plugged in to power on the Xbox.
    2. Started selling the Xbox One with the Kinect.
    3. Started giving most Kinect commands non-Kinect commands on the controller (recording/snapping things).

I could literally unplug my Kinect, throw it out the window, and I wouldn't be losing out on any legitimate functionality with my Xbox. I play games, and I ONLY play games. I don't Skype. I don't consume other media. I don't record/share game clips. I don't stream games with my face in the corner of them (or at all, really). I have the 100% full experience of the Xbox One that I bought in for, and the Kinect was never a part of that vision for me. I feel like I have the furthest thing from half of an Xbox One when I don't use the Kinect. If possible at the time, I'd have gladly traded my Kinect for 2 more games, but so many folks wanted to trade them in that they're worthless on the resell market, basically.
    10-27-2014 09:29 AM
29 12